It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:15

Text Size

Wagic, the Homebrew ?!, MTG for PSP/Android/iOS/Win/Linux/N9

Moderators: frwololo, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Wagic, the Homebrew ?!, Magic on the PSP/Windows/Linux

Postby frwololo » 26 Jun 2010, 13:43

Updated to version 0.12.1

This release contains around 700 new unique cards (including a bunch of cards from Rise of the Eldrazi..yes, even level up creatures), and a story mode, that I expect to become one of the major features of the game in the long term.
frwololo
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 26 Jun 2010, 19:27

Amazing, thanks frwololo. BTW I posted on your forum and never got an answer, last I checked.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby frwololo » 27 Jun 2010, 03:30

Huggybaby wrote:Amazing, thanks frwololo. BTW I posted on your forum and never got an answer, last I checked.
Sorry for that, sometimes questions get easily lost in the crowd of messages..
I searched my forums and found only one post by you, regarding the pictures. Is that the one you are mentioning? There's an answer to you by "abrasax" on the post just after yours :)

http://wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 700#p12700
frwololo
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 27 Jun 2010, 06:16

Yes, that's me, the six day delay missed me. BTW, we do have MED in HQ, and we may have some of the others, I'll have to check. If you have a list of missing HQ pics I can find out for sure if we have them or not.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby frwololo » 06 Oct 2010, 00:38

Wagic 0.13 was released yesterday :)
It's a major new release. I don't post here as often as I'd like, but we try to make the wait worth it.
People can enjoy 177 playable cards from the latest expansion "Scars of Mirrodin". Yes, that's roughly 70% of the set playable :)

Here is the full changelog:

* More than 800 new unique cards, including cards from Magic 2011 and Scars of Mirrodin. Wagic now allows you to play with more than 11700 cards (6300 unique)
* New loading screens by Kaioshin
* Card engine/parser updates, see list below
* Story mode improved (new rewards)
* Mulligan (thanks almosthumane)
* Support of Chinese language by linshier
* Advanced themes by Jeck. Give a try to the “gemstones” theme!
* Additional option to pass phases automatically (almosthumane)
* Improved deck selection menus (mnguyen)
* Support for “tiny crops” images (from slightlymagic.net), recommended for PSP users (better performance)
* Too many bug fixes to mention. Thanks to ALL devs!

I will try to post screenshots of the tiny crops mode, IMO it turns out great, and really helps on the PSP where there's not so much Ram. Thanks to slightlymagic.net for these pictures

Parser updates:

Code: Select all
Fixed keywords:

CANTREGENERATE --> now CANTREGEN. The engine always handled it as "REGENERATE" and thus had to be renamed.

New abilities:

ABSORB
AFFINITYARTIFACTS
AFFINITYPLAINS
AFFINITYFOREST
AFFINITYISLAND
AFFINITYMOUNTAIN
AFFINITYSWAMP
AFFINITYGREENCREATURES
BOTHNOCREATURE ---------- both cant cast creatures.
BOTHCANTCAST ------------ both cant cast spells.
BOTHONECAST ----------- both limited to 1 spell.
CANTCREATURECAST --------- card controller cant cast creature.
CANTLIFELOSE -------- you cant lose for having no life left.
CANTLOSE -------- you cant lose the game/ opponent cant win.
 (Card example:Platinum Angel
CANTSPELLCAST ---------- card controller cant cast spells.
CANTMILLOSE --------- you cant lose from being milled.
CANTWIN ------------ you cant win the game / opponent cant lose.
CONTROLLERSHROUD ----- (Card example:True Believer)
FROZEN ------- card/target will not untap on its controllers next untap phase. (Card example:Tangle)
INFECT ------- New ability from Scars of Mirrodin.
LEYLINE ------- Enables the coding of the Leyline cycles.
NOMAXHAND --------- controller has no maximum had size.
PLAYERSHROUD
POISONTOXIC,POISONTWOTOXIC,POISONTHREETOXIC -- card adds 1,2 or 3 poison counters to the player it damaged. Poison counters will appear as green letters under or above the lifetotal.
PHANTOM ------- prevents damage and remove one +1/+1 counter (Card examples:Phantom Centaur,Phantom Nishoba)
RETRACE ------- Now without any workaround!
STORM --------  storm ability (Card example:Tendrils of Agony)
TREASON ------- card with abilities=treason will be sacrificed at the end of the turn (Card example:Sneak Attack)
UNEARTH ------- Now without any workaround!
WILTING ------- source takes damage in the form of -1/-1 counters
VIGOR ------- instead of taking damage the source gains +1/+1 counters (Card examples:Phytohydra)

New code line starters:

BUYBACK={...} ----------- Now without any workaround.
FLASHBACK={...} ----------- Now without any workaround.
OTHER={...} (+ AUTO=ALTERNATIVE effect) -- Enables alternative casting costs (Card example:Force of Will,all cards with EVOKE)

New cost symbols:

{D} ------- Discarding a random card as additional casting/activation cost.
{E}/{E(target|zone)} ----------- Exiles something as additional casting/activation cost.
{H}/{H(target|zone)} ----------- Returns something to your hand as additional casting/activation cost.
{L} ------- life loss as additional casting/activation cost.
{M} ------- Puts a card from the top of you library as additional casting/activation cost.
{s2l} --------- "put *target|whereever* on top of your library as additional casting/activation cost.
{X}{X} --------- now 2 {X} are possible! (Card example:Decree of Justice)
{l2e} ---------- Exiles the top card of you library as additional casting/activation cost. (Card example:Arc-Slogger)

New keywords:

ONLYONECAST   -------target player can only play 1 spell this turn.
NOCREATURES  -------- target player cant play creatures this turn.
NOSPELLS   --------- target player cant play spells this turn.
LAND:number  -------  target player can play number additional lands this turn.
BLOODTHIRST --------- (Card examples:Scab-Clan Mauler)
FOG --------- This is similar to "PREVENTALLCOMBATDAMAGE", which only worked for instants and sorceries. "Fog" works only for permanents and is used in combination with the newly introduced parameter "ONESHOT"!
NAME(...) && effect -------- When used in an autoline it replaces an autoline's "ability" text with a custom ability name.
COLOR:+X/-X -------- Manacost Alteration (Card examples:Goblin Warchief,Sphere of Resistance)
PREVENT:X ------- damage prevention to single creatures and players. (Card examples:Healing Salve,Battlefield Medic)
TRANSFORMS(types or subtypes,color,ability) ------- similar to BECOMES. The main difference is that you can change single parameters of a permanent like only color or type. -- (Card examples:Memnarch,Wild Mongrel)

New Sets:

Magic2011
Arcenemy
From the Vault: Relics
Scars of Mirrodin

New variables:

LIFETOTAL(static)
OPPONENTLIFETOTAL(static)
EQUIP ---- looks if a card is equipped ["this(equip !=0) effect"] or how many artifacts are on a card ["thisforeach(equip) effect"]

New Zones:

OPPONENTHAND (Card examples:Duress,Thoughtseize)
frwololo
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 06 Oct 2010, 03:32

Nice update, and I'm glad you got use from the tiny crops. I'm looking forward to the screenshots of them in action. =P~
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Bog Wraith » 06 Oct 2010, 22:01

I have been remiss in my duties in not visiting this forum sooner & taking Wagic out for a test drive.

Well, I did the latter just this afternoon & I am very impressed with what I'm seeing, even at this early stage of my playing it. I really like the GUI, frankly it's gorgeous, both visually & in it's ease of use. I find the keyboard use a bit different & I'd like it to be mouse driven if possible, but everything else about it is marvelous. The flow of the cards as part of the turn sequences & the really catchy mana symbols in flight are wonderful & very unique.

I have allot to learn to get fully comfortable with the flow of the game, but I am looking forward to exploring this incredibly rich application and I am even more intrigued by the Story mode of play. As a resident of Shandalar, :mrgreen: , you just know that I love me some adventure gaming with MTG as the world background!

Very well done & I will now, thanks to a heads up about this project by Huggy, correct my grievous error by making sure that this forum becomes part of my regular foray into the awesome web site that is CCGHQ! 8)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby frwololo » 28 Dec 2010, 12:02

Version 0.14 was released a few days ago
It includes more than 400 new cards, support for Japanese, new AI opponents, full support of the Nokia N900 (it was work in progress in the previous release), new menus for deck selection, various AI improvements, and many many bug fixes.

The windows version now has mouse support, be sure to check it out :) (there are 2 windows versions, be sure to download the right one for mouse support)

We are currently actively working on iOS support (iPhone and iPad), and there's already a working prototype, it's just a matter of time now :)
frwololo
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 28 Dec 2010, 13:14

Mouse support at last, must check it out.

Thanks frwololo.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby frwololo » 13 Apr 2011, 07:42

Version 0.15 was released yesterday
It adds more than 1000 unique cards (so Wagic now supports 7700 unique cards, more than 13700 if you count reprints), and dozens of bug fixes.
The windows archive now has both the "mouse" and "keyboard" versions, so you can play with the one you prefer.

We are still working on porting Wagic to other platforms such as the iPad, and would love some help :)

you can download the new version here (available for PSP/Windows/Linux/Maemo)
frwololo
DEVELOPER

Postby frwololo » 24 Jul 2011, 12:32

Version 0.16 was released last Week. It adds 500 unique cards, making the total a bit above 8150 cards.

We also improved the flexibility of Wagic, getting one step closer to letting people creating entirely new games with the engine. In this version, it is already very easy to create mods in which, for example, your opponent's creatures get +1/+1, or where your opponent gets to draw an additional card every turn, or... basically anything that is doable with the cards scripting engine can now be defined as a rule for your mod.

Download here
frwololo
DEVELOPER

Re: Wagic, the Homebrew ?!, MTG for PSP/Android/iOS/Win/Linu

Postby frwololo » 16 Jan 2012, 13:10

After 6 months of work, we are back with Wagic 0.17.

This time we add 500 new cards, but our big milestone is that Wagic is now available for iOS and Android users. iOS users will need a jailbroken device that supports openGL2 (from my understanding, that means iPhone 3GS or above, including iPad and iPad2, I am not sure for iPod compatibility). Android users need android 2.3 or higher.

We hope to see more players join the community, and hopefully a few devs will come and lend a hand. With now 7 platforms to support for a handful of hobbyists, we would really appreciate the help :)
frwololo
DEVELOPER

Postby jmartus » 17 Jan 2012, 09:40

can we get a pc version with mouse support please
thanks
jmartus

Postby frwololo » 17 Jan 2012, 11:37

jmartus wrote:can we get a pc version with mouse support please
thanks
The PC version with mouse support has been available for more than a year now and was of course updated to 0.17 as well, you can get it on the same download page as the other platforms : http://wololo.net/wagic/download
frwololo
DEVELOPER

Postby MageKing17 » 21 Feb 2012, 19:24

Having only recently decided to look into PSP homebrew--once I discovered (thanks to your site, frwololo) that it was pathetically easy to install a custom firmware onto my 6.60 PSP-slim--I finally checked out Wagic for the first time. I have to say, frwololo, you've done some very impressive things (and your visual effect for mana in the mana pool is somewhat similar to an idea I've wanted to have in Incantus for ages, but never learned how to do (although it would have been orbs of colored light floating over the cards and coalescing into spells and abilities, rather than floating in the corner, but would also have been much harder to implement)). Of course, I cringed when I looked into your card definition format, but I fully understand how hard it is to make an even remotely accurate Magic implementation on the limited hardware of the PSP. Very impressive... and the card-buying mechanic really makes it feel like an actual game, very unlike Incantus. Congratulations all around.
MageKing17
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Wagic (MTG For Android/PSP/Windows/Linux)