It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:35

Text Size

Quest World: Lorwyn

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Quest World: Lorwyn

Postby Erazmus » 13 Nov 2013, 21:20

So I took a break from updating the missing quest precon decks and started a more ambitious project. :lol: I created the Lorwyn Quest World because It's my favorite block and I enjoy it. I figured I may as well share it if anyone else would like to check it out.

The sets included are: 10E, LRW, MOR, SHM, EVE.

In development I called the world Aurora because that's the event that linked the two 2-set blocks together. Given that Aurora is the name of the event and not the actual plane, I just went with Lorwyn for this release. The release is a complete release with 48 quest duel decks, 10 challenges, and 16 icons of challengers. The theme I used for the challengers is from Greek mythology. I thought it'd be fun and kept everything within the fantasy genre. :wink:

Right now I am in testing mode, which I enjoy because I love this block. If anyone else decides to try it out, I'd like to get feedback of any problems that might arise. I'm not exactly sure how well the AI will handle some of the cards. So far, I have encountered no problems and the AI has done extremely well in the card selections.

For the decks, almost all the easy decks are stock precon decks (and they are labeled as such in the descriptions). The medium, hard, and very hard decks are mostly posted Top 8 decks from the block. I must admit I have a few home-brew decks in there. One of them is a Treefolk deck I'm quite proud of. 8)

The challenges have a few decks that aren't included in the deck pool from the duel list. I thought that would spice things up.

Anyway, if there are any suggestions or if anyone would like to submit an original deck to be included, I'm all ears. I hope you guys enjoy it. I spent A LOT of hours working on it. Hopefully someone finds it fun. :)

Here are the setup instructions in case they are needed:

1) Copy the complete 'lorwyn' folder into forge\res\quest\world directory. Example (C:\forge-1.5.4\res\quest\world)
2) Copy the contents of the icon folder into your icons folder. Example (C:\Users\Erazmus\AppData\Local\Forge\Cache\pics\icons)
3) Modify your 'worlds.txt' file to include the following line:
Name:Lorwyn|Dir:lorwyn|Sets:SHM, EVE, LRW, MOR, 10E|Banned:Chaos Orb; Falling Star

***Or you can simply replace your existing 'worlds.txt' file with the one included in the zip.

*cheers*
Attachments
lorwyn.zip
(188.48 KiB) Downloaded 729 times
Erazmus

Re: Quest World: Lorwyn

Postby drudger57 » 27 Nov 2013, 19:36

I found this thread while looking for help in creating my own world. It looked like so much fun that it'll be a while before I get my world up and going as I've decided to start a new quest, "Journey to Lorwyn." :D
drudger57

Postby Erazmus » 05 Dec 2013, 19:23

drudger57 wrote:I found this thread while looking for help in creating my own world. It looked like so much fun that it'll be a while before I get my world up and going as I've decided to start a new quest, "Journey to Lorwyn." :D
Great! Hope you like it. I was thinking perhaps adding in 10E might have been a mistake. It was the core set in use at the time of Lorwyn and I liked the mix it added. I suppose I could do another release with it removed and make it simply block. Would take some time modifying some of the decks though. :D

Anyway glad you found it. Took a lot of time to do. So if you're planning to do a world, be prepared! :lol:
Erazmus

Postby Xitax » 08 Dec 2013, 21:53

Personally, I think that having the core set would be necessary as most decks of the time would have core set cards in them.
Xitax

Postby Erazmus » 09 Dec 2013, 01:38

Xitax wrote:Personally, I think that having the core set would be necessary as most decks of the time would have core set cards in them.
Yeah, that's why I originally included it. Not sure how people felt about it though. :wink:
Erazmus

Postby mastroego » 09 Dec 2013, 13:09

WOW a new world!
Many thanks!!! =D> =D>

To be honest I don't particularly like Lorwyn (especially the art), but some of the cards are iconic, and.. well, new decks and challenges!! :D
Gettin' it as soon as I'm home. :D
And, oh, the core set inclusion is fine.
mastroego

Postby Erazmus » 09 Dec 2013, 16:57

mastroego wrote:WOW a new world!
Many thanks!!! =D> =D>

To be honest I don't particularly like Lorwyn (especially the art), but some of the cards are iconic, and.. well, new decks and challenges!! :D
Gettin' it as soon as I'm home. :D
And, oh, the core set inclusion is fine.
I'm shocked you don't like Lorwyn! :P Hope you enjoy it anyway, grinding it out against fairies is always a challenge. :D I am considering hopping back in the fray and developing another world. I was considering Iceage/Alliances/Coldsnap or doing Zendikar block, of course doing a Mirrodin block of the old cycle and the new cycle would give quite a bit of variety. With 6 sets in those two blocks it would take some time to do. Hell, even the Alara block would be fun. Then I also started thinking of something unconventional, like doing a core set block (3 core sets). Dunno right now. :wink:
Erazmus

Postby mastroego » 09 Dec 2013, 17:47

Well I used to casually play on MTGO and I started with the Alara Block (which I have an obvious soft spot for).
I guess I found it a little frustrating when I had to face all these guys who could roll all over me with Lieges and all the combos from the Lorwyn block that I didn't know and basically "had no access" to. :)
It's growing on me now but the art is not so great, alas...

Anyway, work on new worlds would be IMMENSELY appreciated, be assured of that ;)
Alara or Mirrodin and all the others would be fun and flavorful. The "core block" also is a neat idea :)
mastroego

Postby Erazmus » 09 Dec 2013, 18:10

mastroego wrote:Well I used to casually play on MTGO and I started with the Alara Block (which I have an obvious soft spot for).
I guess I found it a little frustrating when I had to face all these guys who could roll all over me with Lieges and all the combos from the Lorwyn block that I didn't know and basically "had no access" to. :)
It's growing on me now but the art is not so great, alas...

Anyway, work on new worlds would be IMMENSELY appreciated, be assured of that ;)
Alara or Mirrodin and all the others would be fun and flavorful. The "core block" also is a neat idea :)
Thanks for the suggestions! When I am working on something I know someone will use and enjoy, I actually get excited about the project. I think I will hold off on the 'unconventional' core set idea because there aren't enough standard block worlds available yet, which I think Quest definitely needs.

Drudger57 said he was working on a world. I'd like to know which one. Overlapping development of worlds with the same sets/blocks is something I'd like to avoid. No reason in reinventing the wheel. :)

So, I think I am in agreement with you about Alara. I really like that block. I loved playing Naya aggro! Also was a fan of Jund too. I'm gonna start a new thread on it and ask for some feedback from people. I'd love some from you as well, seeing as you have a soft spot for this block. :P No pressure though.
Erazmus

Return to Forge Decks