It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 23:02

Text Size

Deckbox Decks

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Deckbox Decks

Postby Agetian » 20 Jan 2015, 06:16

Thanks a lot for these, these decks are a nice addition to my collection of Forge decks! :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby VladVoivode » 20 Jan 2015, 11:17

My pleasure! It's interesting how formats work in these modern days of magic - I played up until Judgment and then took a hiatus and just last year began playing the game again with physical cards. Anyhow, I look at a Modern deck for instance and I've altered a few of these - but I haven't uploaded my alterations because I don't want to spoil the experience of trying these decks out. Some of the older cards are extremely powerful as we know and I am not even talking about the Power Nine.

It makes me wish for MTG's simpler days. While I know I can play Vintage where almost anything goes, Modern rules the roost here and I suspect everywhere else. It's kind of depressing having thousands of cards and one third of them are not "legal." Forge and Manalink allow me to play old school MTG and I love it. I suppose the yong'uns don't know that once upon a time the rules were ONE main phase, a wonderful thing called "manaburn," and four copies of any non-land card in a deck. Ahhh yes, the glory days of Rack and Black Vise in the deck! Kismet and Royal Assassin were a blast and as always, one lost friends with decks that contained cards like Stasis, Winter Orb, Vesudan Doppelganger and so many more.

I used to love to play The Wretched and I remember that this card could catch the unwary of guard. If you look at the creature, it has wings but it is not a flying creature. But opponents would see the wings and not block it. Good times! I suppose it's rose colored glasses but while we played MTG aggressively, we also played the game for the light RPG aspect. I watch players these days and it's all numbers and little ambiance. [Thankfully The Lord of the Rings LCG scratches that itch].

Obviously older MTG wasn't perfect though with things like cumulative upkeep and some of the strange things introduced in Ice Age. Still, it's fun switching back and forth from the ancient era to the glitz and polish of Modern.

But that said ...

All you kids gurroff my lawn!! :twisted:
VladVoivode

Postby VladVoivode » 08 Apr 2015, 17:45

Well folks, with Agetian's MAMMOTH recent upload of a bazillion decks, I doubt that there's demand for my little uploads. HUGE applause to Agetian for uploading enough decks to keep Forgers busy until the death of the Milky Way.

IF folks want me to continue with my uploads, I have about 200 more, but again, I'm a believer in bigger is better so I'll leave off for a bit and work on some avatars to submit instead.

Thanks everyone who downloaded the decks I've posted. It was fun at least for me because searching for and importing decks keeps me up on MTG in general.

Best,
Vlad
VladVoivode

Previous

Return to Forge Decks