4x Moat
1x Mox Pearl
4x Oblivion Ring
3x Swords to Plowshares

21 Land
--------
19x Plains
2x Serra's Sanctum

The AI will hate you for this deck. Simply because it can't attack and will just sit there as you build your horde of fliers.

Moat effectively prevents non-fliers from attacking, as this deck is full of fliers, you won't be on the losing end of the bargain.

Next on the list are Windborn Muse and Ghostly Prison, which effectively shutdown your opponent's attackers, unless it can afford to pay the cost of attacking, if any can. With Moat and creature removal spells in your disposal, it is very hard for the opponent to attack you.

The effects are nastier when multiple copies of the cards are in the battlefield as they are cumulative.

3 Windborn Muse, cause your opponent to pay 6 instead of 2 for each creature attacking you. That is ridiculously expensive.

Your fliers get boosted by Honor of the Pure, and with Serra's Sanctum, it becomes easy to play heavy fliers like Baneslayer Angel and Radiant, Archangel.

Iona, Shield of Emeria, becomes the icing in the cake, as it completely cripples the opponent.

If you really feel mean against the AI, throw in Armageddon, and your opponent is frozen in its tracks for good.

This deck is very susceptible to Hurricane, Needle Storm and other mass removal spells though.
Attachments
W-Moat.deck
(917 Bytes) Downloaded 326 times
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Re: Moat Prison Deck

Postby Yellowsmiley » 23 Jan 2010, 18:35

Is there a way to download new cards for MTG Forge? Cause I have the version that came out on January 1st and I don't have the card "Ghostly Prison".
Yellowsmiley

Postby apthaven » 23 Jan 2010, 18:52

Yellowsmiley wrote:Is there a way to download new cards for MTG Forge? Cause I have the version that came out on January 1st and I don't have the card "Ghostly Prison".
Each new version comes with the new cards out. The latest one has the "Ghostly Prison" in it. There is no way to manually download each card, as the entire program has to be updated for the new card to function.

The latest version can always be seen in the forums: (MTG Forge section)

Here's the link for more info and the download link itself:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2115
"I am a man and real men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown." - Jace Wayland
apthaven
Tester

Postby Mr.Chaos » 23 Jan 2010, 20:18

Sounds like a "fun" deck. :wink:
I will give it a try and see if it does as advertised. :roll:
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby Mr.Chaos » 23 Jan 2010, 20:36

Ok, just started my first game, Moat vs a random generated deck.
Turn 1 - me: Plains. Compy: Island Meekstone. (if I don't get an Oblivion Ring soon, this is going to be a "really fun" game. Really. :^o)
Turn 2 - me: Plains and nothing, no Ring yet. Swamp and Straw Soldiers for compy.
Turn 3 - Oblivion Ring! YES! Bye-bye Meekstone. Phew! #-o
Moat never made it into play, but I still won with my 2 Pegasus Charger, Windborn Muse and Honor the Pure.
Compy simply had nothing to block my flyers. Well, there was a Flowstone Thopter but I plowsharded that one.

So, what looked like a real nasty start, turned out ok in the end.
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby psillusionist » 02 Feb 2010, 08:28

I like the idea of a deck with flying creatures that takes advantage of Moat. However, I feel that this deck has several cards that are redundant in function(Windborn Muse, Ghostly Prison, Moat). So basically, I think it would be a good idea if you were to use Enlightened Tutor to free up some card slots for more flying creatures and spot removal.

Additionally, based on the amount of mana sources on the deck, it would be a good idea to lessen the number of expensive fliers in the deck so you can do more things in your early turns.
psillusionist

Return to Forge Decks