8 enchantments:

4 Gaea's Anthem
2 Doubling Season
2 Concordant Crossroads

12 spells:
4 Naturalize
4 Overrun
4 Worldly Tutor

ok i think you can get the jist of this deck, cast some elves in there, use worldly tutor as soon as you can to get a mycloth. sacrifice any number of elves, tokens whatever to make your mycloth bigger.
i'd suggest keeping your priestesses and not sacrificing them.
concordant crossroads are there to cast on your attack turn. overruns and nemata just knock them senseless.
if anything, early on, you can use gaea's anthems, and your weak lil elves to attack if you dont have a mycloth in there yet.

oh and warning,, lots of tokens on forge= slowdown of the game. kill quick, or it'll be awhile when you got LOTS of tokens out there.
slappysquirrel

Re: saproling deck

Postby Mr.Chaos » 22 Feb 2010, 08:05

Nice deck. However, I would replace Elvish Farmer with Essence Warden since it will give you much more life without sacrificing a token.
Also, I miss Rhys the Redeemed.

I actually posted a saproling deck myself a while ago, must still be around here somewhere, called Saproling Charge.
Seeing your post made me go back to the deck and make some minor changes in the lands, (oran-rief was not available when I made the original deck)
So here is Saproling Charge V3:
60 Total Cards

23 Creatures
-------------
4x Essence Warden
4x Fyndhorn Elves
4x Mycoloth
3x Nemata, Grove Guardian
2x Nullmage Shepherd
3x Rhys the Redeemed
3x Thelonite Hermit

15 Spells
----------
2x Defense of the Heart
3x Doubling Season
4x Gaea's Anthem
2x Kodama's Reach
1x Mox Emerald
3x Worldly Tutor

22 Land
--------
14x Forest
4x Gaea's Cradle
4x Oran-Rief, the Vastwood

I admit, Overrun would be nice in there, just like you used, but I simply ran out of room for it. Oh, well. My deck gains more life than yours and can make more tokens once Rhys comes along so I should be able to outlast you.
Next up: playing these 2 decks against eachother. 2 full matches where both the human and AI player get to play with each deck.
That will be interesting in more ways than one...
I forsee a VERY, VERY, VERY slowwwwwwwwwwww game due to the huge amount of saproling tokens in play. :lol:
Attachments
SaprolingChargeV3.deck
(966 Bytes) Downloaded 405 times
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby slappysquirrel » 22 Feb 2010, 14:08

hmm,, well i stopped playing mtg a long time ago. (end of the urza's sets i think), and i didnt even know of some of the cards you suggested!! interesting man maybe i should try some of em. as for the hermit card,, i did try that one, and i didnt like it. it didnt have the speed i wanted. but i'll admit mine has a lot of holes in it still for some reason. ill check out your suggestions. i think i'll merge them somehow.
slappysquirrel

Postby DennisBergkamp » 22 Feb 2010, 14:55

As it turns out, Mycoloth is bugged now (can only sacrifice one creature).
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Mr.Chaos » 22 Feb 2010, 18:37

But Mycoloth can still be good, if you have 1 or even 2 Doubling Season out. Then he still gets lots of counters and thus makes more tokens each turn. Even better if you have Oran-Rief, the Vastwood in play and ready to tap when Mycoloth joins the fun. :wink:

I played these 2 decks against eachother.
Compy with Slappy's deck was easy to beat, compy with my deck was downright difficult due to the insane lifegain from Rhys + Essence Warden.
Ideally, you play Essence Warden and Rhys first, then play Thelonite Hermit face down early, flip him over as soon as you have 5 mana (unless you can play Doubling Season, play that before the flipping og the hermit) and follow up with Mycoloth the next turn. (provided Mycoloth gets fixed, it is currently crippled) The resulting overload of tokens, multiplied by Rhys each turn, results in a devastating victory.

Another problem I ran into while playing Slappy's deck: just 1 Nemata! Since my deck has multiple copies, compy managed to get one out first, so my only copy (from lappy's deck) could only destroy the one in play (legend rule) but then Slappy is out of Nemata's and my deck still has 2 more, giving compy a huge advantage in this game. (this actually happened during the head-to-head, really crippled the game for me.)
Besides, since my deck has Rhys and Nemata, I can make tokens faster than Slappy with just the Elvish Farmer and 1 Nemata. Add to that the Nullmage Shepherd, who can be used over and over again and Slappy's deck comes up short.

Although, like I said before, Overrun is sweet! Maybe I will try to add that in V4 of my deck. :wink:
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby Marek14 » 22 Feb 2010, 19:37

From other threads it looks like Mycoloth isn't bugged - you can CTRL+click to select multiple creatures at once to be devoured.
Marek14
Tester

Postby DennisBergkamp » 23 Feb 2010, 00:07

Ah yes, forgot to repost that here :)
Mycoloth works fine.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Mr.Chaos » 23 Feb 2010, 08:28

The CTRL + click selection method works! Thanks for metioning that.
Now then, let there be a giant Mycoloth and hordes of saprolings! :lol:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby Resonantg » 22 May 2010, 00:14

No Sporesower Thallid? I'll have to post my Green/White "FungusAmungus" deck I'm working on. Includes the Pallid Mycoderm and Mycologist as well as Doubling Season as well. Very fast growth. Is Nightsoil out yet? I think that added to the Saproling counters too IIRC.
Resonantg

Postby EmpireMan » 22 Jun 2010, 01:41

Mr.Chaos wrote:Nice deck. However, I would replace Elvish Farmer with Essence Warden since it will give you much more life without sacrificing a token.
Also, I miss Rhys the Redeemed.

I actually posted a saproling deck myself a while ago, must still be around here somewhere, called Saproling Charge.
Seeing your post made me go back to the deck and make some minor changes in the lands, (oran-rief was not available when I made the original deck)
So here is Saproling Charge V3:
60 Total Cards

23 Creatures
-------------
4x Essence Warden
4x Fyndhorn Elves
4x Mycoloth
3x Nemata, Grove Guardian
2x Nullmage Shepherd
3x Rhys the Redeemed
3x Thelonite Hermit

15 Spells
----------
2x Defense of the Heart
3x Doubling Season
4x Gaea's Anthem
2x Kodama's Reach
1x Mox Emerald
3x Worldly Tutor

22 Land
--------
14x Forest
4x Gaea's Cradle
4x Oran-Rief, the Vastwood

I admit, Overrun would be nice in there, just like you used, but I simply ran out of room for it. Oh, well. My deck gains more life than yours and can make more tokens once Rhys comes along so I should be able to outlast you.
Next up: playing these 2 decks against eachother. 2 full matches where both the human and AI player get to play with each deck.
That will be interesting in more ways than one...
I forsee a VERY, VERY, VERY slowwwwwwwwwwww game due to the huge amount of saproling tokens in play. :lol:
Just played this and I have only one request find some way of putting Gilder Bairn in because he will double mycloths counters and then any doubling seasons will double those sequentially... Forge might not handle it but that would be sweet, still nice ^_^
EmpireMan

Postby Mr.Chaos » 27 Jun 2010, 05:46

Empireman, the deck already has Rhys the Redeemed. He doubles all your tokens and Doubling Season makes sure you get twice the amount of tokens.
Besides, Gilder Bairn only works as an untap ability, which means you have to first find a way to tap it without dying in combat or the likes, while Rhys can be tapped for his effect directly.
So I prefer Rhys in this deck.
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Return to Forge Decks