2x Kor Firewalker
4x Kor Skyfisher

17 Other spells

3x Trusty Machete
4x Lightning Bolt
3x Oblivion Ring
4x Volcanic Fallout
3x Day of Judgment

I've been testing this build of Boros on Forge in anticipation of ROE's game day. The fast, efficient creatures in this aggressive build, unlike a traditional weenie deck, grow as the game progresses. and the AI does quite well with it.

The Arid Mesas can be increased or swapped out since the AI doesn't know how to properly use them. Goblin Bushwhacker would be a nice addition in the future as well as Kor Sanctifiers since this deck has a weakness against enchantments. Something like Narrow Escape could also be beneficial against removal.

I opted against Path to Exile in favor of Oblivion Ring for it's versatility--especially against Plainswalkers.

Enjoy! :)
Attachments
Boros.deck
(288 Bytes) Downloaded 315 times
LokiUndergod

Re: Boros Aggro (RW)

Postby Chris H. » 16 May 2010, 10:27

Thank you for the deck. We will merge it into the pool of AI decks for the computer to play against us in quest mode. :D

Unfortunately, the AI can not use cards like Kor Skyfisher at this time. I replaced these four cards with 3 Kor Cartographer and another plains.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby LokiUndergod » 16 May 2010, 17:21

Thanks, I'm glad you like the deck. You may want to consider using Knight of Cliffhaven as a suitable replacement for the Kor Skyfisher.
LokiUndergod

Postby Chris H. » 16 May 2010, 17:28

LokiUndergod wrote:Thanks, I'm glad you like the deck. You may want to consider using Knight of Cliffhaven as a suitable replacement for the Kor Skyfisher.
`
The human player can always use a few more level up creatures. :D They are fun. I am currently playing a 40 UW deck in the fantasy quest mode and I have a level up creature.

Coming up with good AI code can be a challenge. It is not uncommon to see the computer placing all of it's mana into an ability even when it has useful cards.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby LokiUndergod » 16 May 2010, 22:38

Levelers can be fun, yes, but they can also lock down your resources. It can be really frustrating to invest a large amount of mana into one creature over several turns just to have it killed off by spot removal like Doom Blade. Balance is key (and I don't mean the card :wink:)

Speaking of levelers, Kargan Dragonlord would a nice addition to the deck, as would Transcendent Master. The version I posted is mostly what I have on hand and is a bit more budget friendly.
LokiUndergod

Postby Chris H. » 16 May 2010, 22:54

LokiUndergod wrote:Levelers can be fun, yes, but they can also lock down your resources. It can be really frustrating to invest a large amount of mana into one creature over several turns just to have it killed off by spot removal like Doom Blade. Balance is key (and I don't mean the card :wink:)

Speaking of levelers, Kargan Dragonlord would a nice addition to the deck, as would Transcendent Master. The version I posted is mostly what I have on hand and is a bit more budget friendly.
`
I have a Transcendent Master in my 40 card UW quest mode deck. 8) I had a game earlier today where the computer StP my leveler after I had maxed it out.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby LokiUndergod » 17 May 2010, 01:06

That's when you scream "NOOOOOOO!" and people around you look at you strangely. :lol:
LokiUndergod

Postby DennisBergkamp » 17 May 2010, 03:23

:lol:

I agree with the Kargan Dragonlord / Transcendent Master... either one might be a good substitute for Kor Skyfisher.
Or maybe I should just fix its AI code :roll:
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby LokiUndergod » 17 May 2010, 16:06

They're both excellent cards, but Kor Skyfisher is quite versatile (easier on the wallet, too). If there's only two land out and you haven't played a land yet, you can play the skyfisher, return a land, and play another 1-cc creature the same turn. You can also return your Oblivion Ring back to your hand if a bigger threat enters the board. Cast Oblivion Ring on your opponent's planeswalker, then return it to your hand with the skyfisher if they play another copy--both get sacked.
LokiUndergod

Return to Forge Decks