It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:39

Text Size

NEW DECK BUILDER CONTEST: Rules and Regulations

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

NEW DECK BUILDER CONTEST: Rules and Regulations

Postby Resonantg » 07 Jun 2010, 22:36

Hello all, we're going to try something fun to help inspire some creativity and activity here on the Forge Forums. Announcing the start of the Forge Deck Builder Contest.

This is for bragging rights and creativity, not for any prizes. So victory is for your own fun and who knows what else may be inspired by this contest. So, with no further delay, this is how it will work.

1. Contests will run for 2 months. You have 6 weeks or so to play with the new versions of Forge and create new decks that fit the theme of the contest.

2. After the 6 weeks of building and testing time, all official deck entries will then be voted on, and the winner announced.

3. The winner will then be given the privilege of choosing the next contest's subject.

Lather Rinse Repeat. :c)

Rules:

1. All decks must be compatible with the most current version of forge at the beginning of the contest. The reason for this is that new versions will come out during the contest but will not be backwards compatible all the time. Therefore, make sure any entered deck would be current for that contest date. For instance, right now, all decks must be compatible with Forge V.0605.

2. The deck topic must be addressed in the cards of the deck. It cannot be in a side conversation or discussion. For example, naming your deck "The Red Death" to answer a Color Challenge of red cards, and then using only green, is not valid. Although with proper creativity a "Hot" challenge could be answered with cold cards, the chances of you winning the thematic challenge will be unlikely but who knows?

3. ONE DECK PER PERSON. They must all be:

-60 Cards or more
-4 card maximum except basic lands/snow lands or otherwise stated on the card (i.e. Relentless Rats)
-Using actual existing cards from MtG Forge. No custom creations if you are able to do such things

VOTING

1. When Voting happens, you will allow to vote for your 3 favorite decks. (here's hoping we get more than 3 entries per contest) They will be given points accordingly. 3 for your favorite, 2 for your second place, 1 for your third place.

2. YOU MAY NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DECK

3. You may vote only one time.

4. Votes will be accepted till midnight on the last day of the contest. Voting starts 2 weeks before the end of that month. Any changes after that point will invalidate the votes from that person.

5. As it stands right now, I'm the tallying committee and will total the votes and inform the winner. (If someone wants to create a little graphic for our profiles here for those who win, are a runner up or third place deck builders, that'd be a nice touch)

<><><>

So that's it for the rules right now. We'll work off the rough edges as we go. Please let your friends know about this and I will try to keep people updated every new Beta release when possible. Suggestions, fire away or PM me. I'm flexible and fold flat for storage... for now.

Look for the starter thread posted in this forum and we'll kick this thing off.
Resonantg

Re: NEW DECK BUILDER CONTEST: Rules and Regulations

Postby slowe » 07 Jun 2010, 23:36

Resonantg wrote:-Using actual existing cards from MtG Forge. No custom creations if you are able to do such things
Are fantasy cards implemented in Forge usable? I'm thinking Tortuga and Klaas, Elf Friend -- though there might be more. It probably won't come up, but you never know.

Also, thanks for conceiving and organizing this. =D>
slowe

Postby DennisBergkamp » 08 Jun 2010, 03:43

Very cool idea! I like :mrgreen:
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 08 Jun 2010, 10:14

slowe wrote:Are fantasy cards implemented in Forge usable? I'm thinking Tortuga and Klaas, Elf Friend -- though there might be more. It probably won't come up, but you never know.
`
Good question. There is a third fantasy card that Rares made, Test Destroy.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Resonantg » 08 Jun 2010, 23:59

Thanks for the support guys.

As time goes on the rules will refine and we'll get a quick setup of it for everyone. :) That is a nice idea of one card coded by request but I wonder if there's a different/better idea we can do, like something for the Quest or bazaar functions? Lots of interesting opportunities in that. I've not even done much with it yet, but nothing like fan input to make a game better. :)
Resonantg

Postby DennisBergkamp » 09 Jun 2010, 17:35

A Quest / Bazaar improvement is another idea, and it could be easier since the card requested might be very hard to implement.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Corwin72 » 09 Jun 2010, 20:15

With the card I was thinking of an existing magic card that is not currently in forge but a bazaar addition would be cool too!
Corwin72

Postby Resonantg » 09 Jun 2010, 22:37

I think we're on to something to aid with development. :)
Resonantg

Return to Forge Decks