It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:52

Text Size

Fully Tested AI Decks

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Fully Tested AI Decks

Postby SoulStorm » 17 Nov 2010, 23:06

My first contribution to the community. All of the following 7 decks are fully tested AI decks. None of the decks contain cards that cheat other cards into play or create infinite combos. These decks are meant to be solid challenges for well built theme decks that use conventional means of acceleration. If your idea of fun is using Defense of the Heart to sneak Iona, Shield of Emeria and Painter's Servant into play these probably aren't the decks you're looking to play against. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy them.
Attachments
AI DECKS.rar
(2.43 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
Last edited by SoulStorm on 18 Nov 2010, 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
SoulStorm

Re: Fully Tested AI Decks

Postby Chris H. » 18 Nov 2010, 01:08

Thank you, they look interesting. :D
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby SoulStorm » 19 Nov 2010, 20:01

Chris H. wrote:Thank you, they look interesting. :D
Thanks, I'm particularly fond of the Counters deck. That's the deck I'm playing currently. The AI plays the deck competently, but in the hands of an intelligent player it's just brutal.
SoulStorm

Postby lazylockie » 22 Nov 2010, 14:21

I didn't know that AI could effectively use Thrumming Bird (Proliferate), awesome!

I have some suggestions if you may:

WalkerLand3: I don't know if you have seen my Superfriends deck I've posted a while ago (viewtopic.php?f=48&t=3324), but are you sure Elspeth Tirel works the way intended? Won't she just +2, +2, +2 indefinitely?

MechaEnchantment3: I can't see much of interaction between Venser and the rest of the deck.

Inferno3: it's interesting and remembers a lot Homer Simpson deck: it takes a lot to stabilize but once the engine starts rolling should be difficult to win. Assuming this is a quest deck, it can be quite challenging.

Kudos for you making those decks!
lazylockie

Postby SoulStorm » 23 Nov 2010, 02:17

lazylockie wrote:I didn't know that AI could effectively use Thrumming Bird (Proliferate), awesome!

I have some suggestions if you may:

WalkerLand3: I don't know if you have seen my Superfriends deck I've posted a while ago (viewtopic.php?f=48&t=3324), but are you sure Elspeth Tirel works the way intended? Won't she just +2, +2, +2 indefinitely?

MechaEnchantment3: I can't see much of interaction between Venser and the rest of the deck.

Inferno3: it's interesting and remembers a lot Homer Simpson deck: it takes a lot to stabilize but once the engine starts rolling should be difficult to win. Assuming this is a quest deck, it can be quite challenging.

Kudos for you making those decks!
Yes, I've seen your Superfriends deck.

Elspeth Tirel works just fine. I've seen her use all of her abilities. In fact, she uses her ultimate so much I've considered removing her as she kills all the other planeswalkers. :) Sometimes she works very well though, so for now she stays until I can think of something better to replace her with.

Ajani Goldmane on the other hand never seems to use his second ability which is kind of annoying as it would work very well in this deck. His ultimate makes up for it, however, so he gets to stay too.

Jace, The Mind Sculptor used to be in the deck until I realized that he only uses his first ability. I've had over 20 counters on him too. :)

The combination of Doubling Season, Academy Rector (to double the chances of getting Doubling Season out), and the Thrumming Bird ramp up the loyalty counters very fast!

Regarding MechaEnchantment3, with Doubling Season it's very easy for Venser, the Sojourner to hit his Ultimate. Then the accelerated draw from Enchantress's Presence and Vedelken Archmage causes the moxes to start dropping quickly (and each is a spell triggering the exile ability). I've seen Venser, the Sojourner wipe the opponents side of the board. Usually the opponent is dead long before that happens though.

Honestly, I really just love Venser, the Sojourner. An absolutely brutal card in the right deck. I think Venser, the Sojourner and Elspeth, Knight-Errant are the two best planeswalkers.

Yeah, I really like the Inferno3 deck. It's really brutal and simple. But it's a one trick pony. It is a really good trick though. :)

I've since replaced four of the Mountains with Mox Ruby. Should give it a speed boost once in a while. I don't know why I didn't think to do that earlier.

Thanks for the feedback lazylockie!
SoulStorm

Postby acreasey » 08 Jan 2011, 08:34

Very nice decks man! My comp is playing the Indestructible one a little funky, however. Not sure if it's a Mac thing, but my AI basically just rolls over when it plays this deck. My theory is that the CPU lays out all the Moxes and doesn't realize that they're lands because, basically, all it does is lay out those Moxes. That's it. It then proceeds to acquiesce to an inevitable onslaught around turn 4 or 5. Now, I played the deck myself, and it's quite effective (emphasis on quite). The CPU has to have playable cards in its hand after it has five moxes by turn two, but it doesn't play them. And to think some people are threatened by these machines,

Might just be an AI defect. Thanks for the additions, regardless. Cheers
acreasey

Postby SoulStorm » 15 Feb 2011, 00:44

Sorry Acreasey, I haven't checked this thread in a long time. The AI used the deck well when I submitted it, but there have been a lot of changes since. It may well be working properly again by now. I'll take a look at it sometime to see what is going on. I'm glad you like the decks. I plan to add some more in the future. I have a nasty aura deck I plan to submit but I need to see how the AI handles it first.
SoulStorm

Return to Forge Decks