It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:52

Text Size

Quest decks revamp

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Quest decks revamp

Postby Sloth » 09 Sep 2012, 21:09

Nordos wrote:An addition for the W R Sneak Attack deck:
Moldgraf Monstrosity (8/8 trample AND the AI gets 2 of his previous used creatures from his graveyard into play)
Not bad. I think he can replace Charnelhoard Wurm in Radioactive Man 3. The new RtR card Worldspine Wurm looks like a nice addition (maybe for the very hard version though).

moomarc wrote:Maybe we could build a U R Sneak Attack deck with Tamiyo, the Moon Sage. Seems like it could combo well and the blue gives you loads of card draw to make sure the hand is always full of creatures. Just an idea.
If Sneak Attack gets activated the game should be won (more or less). If the ultimate of a Planeswalker gets activatied the game should be won (more or less). Having a synergy that relies on both things happen is a lot of "win more".
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Nordos » 29 Sep 2012, 20:14

Hm, I just thought about the Warped Devotion deck - could Tainted AEther be a good addetion for it?
Last edited by moomarc on 29 Sep 2012, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mouseover
Nordos

Postby friarsol » 30 Sep 2012, 00:33

Nordos wrote:Hm, I just thought about the Warped Devotion deck - could Tainted AEther be a good addetion for it?
I'm not sure what the decklist is for that, but is Noetic Scales already in?
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Sloth » 29 Aug 2013, 14:17

I've updated the deck Mortivore 3, because it was a little inconsistent and too close to the LeChuck 3 opponent.
Now it's focused on filling both player's graveyards.

Mortivore 3 | Open
4 Dryad Arbor|FUT
6 Forest|M10
7 Swamp|PO2
4 Bayou
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Emerald
4 Mesmeric Orb|MRD
4 Sewer Nemesis
4 Splinterfright|ISD
1 Geth, Lord of the Vault
1 Horrifying Revelation
1 Ghoulcaller's Bell
3 Shriekmaw|LRW
2 Golgari Grave-Troll|RAV
4 Bonehoard|MBS
4 Lord of Extinction|ARB
4 Mortivore|ODY
1 Lhurgoyf
1 Exoskeletal Armor
1 Avatar of Woe
1 Necrotic Ooze
1 Brawn|COM
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Nordos » 31 Aug 2013, 10:25

I don't know, yet - could Tower Defense be a good addition to Doran 3? For 2 mana, it gives all the creatures 5 toughness -> 5 more damage and more durability. Additionally reach . . .
Nordos

Postby Sloth » 31 Aug 2013, 18:32

Nordos wrote:I don't know, yet - could Tower Defense be a good addition to Doran 3? For 2 mana, it gives all the creatures 5 toughness -> 5 more damage and more durability. Additionally reach . . .
The AI is rather bad with instant pump spells. Sometimes it will cast them in main 1 and not attack.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby timmermac » 09 Jun 2014, 18:50

Has anyone thought of adding Coat of Arms to King Goldemar?
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Sloth » 14 Jun 2014, 15:50

timmermac wrote:Has anyone thought of adding Coat of Arms to King Goldemar?
At the moment there's only an easy version of King Goldemar. While Coat of Arms is not too powerful for an easy deck, it can be very swingy in the right situation. I've tried to avoid cards like that in easy decks, to keep the frustration low for new players.

If WotC ever prints some more powerful kobolds (or Prossh, Skyraider of Kher gets properly implemented together with AI updates) a medium version of King Goldemar with Coat of Arms can be made.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Nordos » 26 Nov 2014, 20:59

Owlman 3 - IMO some good additions exist.

current Owlman 3 | Open
2 Auntie's Snitch
4 Blighted Agent
4 Darkslick Shores
4 Frogtosser Banneret
2 Harbor Bandit
4 Invisible Stalker
3 Island
3 Morsel Theft
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Sapphire
4 Nightshade Stinger
3 Notorious Throng
4 Oona's Blackguard
2 Oona's Prowler
4 Polluted Delta
4 Stinkdrinker Bandit
6 Swamp
4 Underground Sea
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Especially Triton Shorestalker and Inkfathom Infiltrator are cards I miss.
Another interesting one could be Sygg, River Cutthroat. While he himself isn't unblockable or similar, he will get Owlman some cards quite fast ;)
- True-Name Nemesis. A rogue with protection from a player! hard to remove, unblockable and still sporting 3 attack for 3. Sounds pretty solid to me
- Latchkey Faerie. Can be (probably) played for its prowl cost, so a 3/1 flying for 3 mana which lets you draw a card. This deck has a very low mana curve, having some means to draw cards is just fine

On the other hand, some of the used cards I really don't like.
- Blighted Agent. Sure, a extremly powerful card - and the only one with infect. Yay.
- Harbor Bandit. Its a 3/3 for 3 that can gain unblockable. If you control an island. There are 7 of them. Well, most of the times it will be a good 3 drop, granted, but I rather would use True-Name Nemesis or Latchkey Faerie
- Auntie's Snitch. Completely underpowered for its cost. Even when played for 2, it is a 3/1 which can't block. It will be completely useless as soon as a creature with 4 toughness appear. Its recursion is pretty useless, too, since Owlman is a rush-type deck. If he needs Auntie's Snitch to win, well, something has gone wrong
- why 4 times Nightshade Stinger? I would reduce their number to two and add 2 Prickly Boggart instead. They are hard for some decks to deal with, just like Nightshade Stinger
- only 3 Morsel Theft? This card is powerful. Extremly so. It is 3 damage for 2, you gain 3 life AND you draw a card. Which will be useful to get more Morsel Thefts or cheap drops. IMO a core card, I would rather reduce Notorious Throng by one and increase Morsel Theft...

Owlman suggestion | Open
4 Darkslick Shores
2 Frogtosser Banneret
2 Invisible Stalker
4 Island
4 Morsel Theft
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Sapphire
2 Nightshade Stinger
2 Notorious Throng
4 Oona's Blackguard
2 Oona's Prowler
4 Polluted Delta
4 Stinkdrinker Bandit
4 Swamp
4 Underground Sea
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Rogue's Passage
4 Triton Shorestalker
2 Prickly Boggart
3 True-Name Nemesis
2 Inkfathom Infiltrator
1 Sygg, River Cutthroat
2 Latchkey Faerie

EDIT: Could I get some insight into
Oberon 3 | Open
4 Secluded Glen
4 Drowned Catacomb
1 Swamp
7 Swamp
4 Island
4 Island
4 Scion of Oona
4 Bitterblossom
3 Wasp Lancer
4 Glen Elendra Liege
1 Vendilion Clique
4 Despise
4 Spellstutter Sprite
4 Violet Pall
4 Sower of Temptation
1 Wydwen, the Biting Gale
3 Faerie Trickery

- Faerie Trickery is just a counterspell since there is no tribal outside of creatures going on
- Despise, simply used because it is a strong card? Albeit it can be pretty useless in lategame/specific decks?
- 4 Violet Pall, are so many high cost removals really needed?

What about:
- Zephyr Sprite
- Sprite Noble (all creatures are flying anyway)
- Faerie Swarm (a lot of blue creatures here)
- one OOna, Queen of the Fae
- Favorable Winds (as I said, flyer.)
- Gravitational Shift (albeit pretty expensiv, it can be devastating for the opponent when he relies on power < 3 creatures

Any thoughts?
Nordos

Postby Sloth » 27 Nov 2014, 22:55

Nordos wrote:Owlman 3 - IMO some good additions exist.
Well, you've created the deck and the additions are more than solid, so i'm willing to update the deck right away. The only thing to discuss is True-Name Nemesis. I haven't added True-Name Nemesis to any tier 3 deck yet, because i think it's one of the most unfair cards the AI can play well.
Do you think it's ok?

Nordos wrote:EDIT: Could I get some insight into
Oberon 3 | Open
4 Secluded Glen
4 Drowned Catacomb
1 Swamp
7 Swamp
4 Island
4 Island
4 Scion of Oona
4 Bitterblossom
3 Wasp Lancer
4 Glen Elendra Liege
1 Vendilion Clique
4 Despise
4 Spellstutter Sprite
4 Violet Pall
4 Sower of Temptation
1 Wydwen, the Biting Gale
3 Faerie Trickery

- Faerie Trickery is just a counterspell since there is no tribal outside of creatures going on
- Despise, simply used because it is a strong card? Albeit it can be pretty useless in lategame/specific decks?
- 4 Violet Pall, are so many high cost removals really needed?

What about:
- Zephyr Sprite
- Sprite Noble (all creatures are flying anyway)
- Faerie Swarm (a lot of blue creatures here)
- one OOna, Queen of the Fae
- Favorable Winds (as I said, flyer.)
- Gravitational Shift (albeit pretty expensiv, it can be devastating for the opponent when he relies on power < 3 creatures

Any thoughts?
Looking at the SVN, the deck hasn't been updated for at least 979 days (that's the time all decks moved into a new folder), so i guess an update is in order. :D

The number of copies of the cards you've mentioned can be greatly reduced (but at least a copy of Violet Pall and Faerie Trickery can stay for flavor reasons). Sprite Noble could have some AI issues with the activated ability, but i haven't really checked. Faerie Swarm is rather weak. The other cards are worthy additions (especially Zephyr Sprite). A copy of Cloud of Faeries can't hurt either.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Nordos » 27 Nov 2014, 23:22

If you deem True-Name Nemesis as too strong, just exchange them with Latchkey Faerie and Invisible Stalker/Inkfathom Infiltrator.

There are some ways to bypass protection from player, just like all protection ones, though (sacrificing, mass removals, ...). It is, more or less, a card which has protection from everything, yet it is quite cheap for what it does. Maybe a compromiss of having one or two copies of it only? ^^

(Mhm, I apparently posted far too many suggestions. I completely forgot that I created Owlman :D)
Nordos

Postby Nordos » 11 Dec 2014, 16:24

Another suggestion:
The Court Jester (quest13) could make us of Notion Thief. I guess everyone can imagine what would happen - the human player will always stay at 0 cards (he will draw one, discard his hand and not redraw a single one)
Nordos

Postby tojammot » 31 May 2015, 00:06

Suggesting: Should Storm (any difficulty) have Heroes Remembered? Considering that she's running a lifegain deck, she can last the 10 turns when facing the average player.
tojammot

Postby timmermac » 16 Jun 2017, 15:39

In my version, I've added 4x Corrupt to the Ned Flanders quest opponent, because I like how that card works in decks full of Swamps. Maybe others could test that out too and could see if that could be an official addition to the deck? Also, the deck doesn't have to be exactly 60 cards.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

-

Postby RuEnfor » 14 Feb 2022, 19:21

heres a question....If mezzik destroys Traker Gallen how much damage does Tracker do....the number of allies in your party or the zero printed on the card...and why?
RuEnfor

Previous

Return to Forge Decks