It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 13:05

Text Size

Perilous Research/Online Tech/Into the Æther/O&EI Decks

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Perilous Research/Online Tech/Into the Æther/O&EI Decks

Postby gos » 13 Dec 2012, 17:02

20 decks from today's Perilous Research are forgeable

13.12.2012: 101DeMoNS's Green-White Midrange; Giarola's Burn at the Stake Combo; JohnnyHotSauce's Naya; Neptoon's Four-Color Navigator; SlimHeavens's WGB Rites; TheShafting's Four-Color Stuff; Trollshow's Red, Splash Black; _sprite_'s Green-Black Zombies; ashleybaden's Four-Color Rites; baragalla's Grixis; hot_milk's Black-Red; ht991122's Mono-Red; mad03's Raka Flash; marc_31's Green-White Aggro; mattiasNL's Esper Control; ninfo's Bant Control; robotbc's RUG Midrange; saitology's Jund Midrange (Dec 12, 2012); schozoidman's WGB Tokens; smalltownmagic's Four Color Stuff

mindcandy's Five-Color Control has a maindeck identical to DaDawson's Five-Color Control from last week's Perilous Research.
_Mindtrick_'s Nightshade Rites is identical to Yuuji Okita's Grand Prix Nagoya winning Chronic Flooding Reanimator deck, which is feature in today's Top Decks.
Attachments
pr-225-update.zip
(8.43 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
gos

Postby gos » 14 Dec 2012, 17:49

5 decks from Into the Æther are made forgeable by the new version of forge, 1.3.3:

23.5.2007: Heartwood Storyteller Deck {Heartwood Storyteller Avatar}
29.6.2006: Deck#5: Puzzlebox Possession by R41d
25.5.2006: Hellbent Iron Phoenix {Lyzolda, the Blood Witch Avatar}
20.4.2006: Emperor Auramancer by Bennie Smith
11.1.2005: Enchantathon
Attachments
ita-update-1.3.3.zip
(2.02 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
gos

Postby gos » 27 Dec 2012, 10:22

The new deck from today's Perilous Research is forgeable:

27.12.2012: emar8's G (splash B) Aggro

The article is a reprint, but adds 1 new deck.
Attachments
pr-227-update.zip
(438 Bytes) Downloaded 304 times
gos

Postby gos » 03 Jan 2013, 12:29

1 new deck from today's Perilous Research is forgeable:

3.1.2013: Jokerstars's Black-Red Burn
Attachments
pr-228-update.zip
(430 Bytes) Downloaded 306 times
gos

Postby Xitax » 05 Jan 2013, 00:40

I just want to say again, thanks for uploading all these decks! It really enhances the game.

With sideboarding now active, are you planning to release decks with sideboards whenever the sideboards are Forgeable? It may be complicated because some decks may be Forgeable only w/o sideboard. In this case would you upload the deck w/o the sideboard?
Xitax

Postby gos » 07 Jan 2013, 09:53

Xitax wrote:With sideboarding now active, are you planning to release decks with sideboards whenever the sideboards are Forgeable? It may be complicated because some decks may be Forgeable only w/o sideboard. In this case would you upload the deck w/o the sideboard?
This is something I've been thinking about. As you say, there are many decks that I've posted that (still) have unforgeable sideboards. There are also a number (relatively small, but not inconsiderable) of decks that have identical mainboards to decks I've already posted, but different sideboards. I try to play all of the decks I post, so the issue of many almost identical decks is something that already concerns me.

Another change that affects both decks posted without sideboards, but is more often relevant to those that do have them, is the enforcement of the deckbuilding rules, minimum 60 cards mainboard and exactly 15 cards sideboard. There are a number of decks here that have fewer than 60 cards, or more than 4 of a (non-"basic land") card, and there are even more that have less than (and occasionally more than) 15 sideboard cards. The are a few reasons for this, the most common ones being 1) there were less than 60/15 cards posted in the original article ("unknown card", for example); 2) the deck is a silly casual one; 3) the deck comes from a context where it is appropriate to use the sideboard differently (most notably the Duels of the Planeswalkers preconstructed decks with a large number of "unlockable" cards that I have registered as sideboards).

I think a further subdivision of constructed decks, which I've seen proposed a few times, could be used to solve the deckbuilding/casual deck issue.

Finally, I'm concerned with how to present the decks when we have the possibility of updates, i.e. a sideboard becoming forgeable. Do I want to mark those decks that have an unforgeable sideboard? Should I have a special section for decks whose sideboards have become forgeable with each new release?

I would like to post everything I can, skipping those sideboards that are unforgeable for the moment, as you propose, but these are the concerns that I haven't quite figured out the best solution for. For the moment, I will stick to posting only mainboards, since I need to change script I use to generate the .dck files to include sideboards.
gos

Postby gos » 07 Jan 2013, 14:09

24 decks from Online Tech/Into the Æther are made forgeable by the new version of forge, 1.3.4:

26.9.2007: Frank Karsten's Blue-Black-Red Teachings; cicciomerluzzo1987 (Federico Del Basso)'s Blue-White Pickles
29.8.2007: NinjaVanish's Aggro Loam with Goyf
22.8.2007: Black-White Ghost Council
16.5.2007: 21
2.5.2007: Mono Blue Control - Masahiko Morita
18.4.2007: White Weenie - Ceriaton24; White Weenie - crethas
28.3.2007: Ubr Control
21.3.2007: Dralnu du Louvre (traditional)
7.2.2007: TEPS Desire - Frank Karsten
31.1.2007: U/G Shifter (Time Spiral Block); U/R Teferi Control - FFfreak
17.1.2007: Orzhov Humans Aggro By AlexGierse
3.1.2007: Aggro Loam - _bestdude; Gifts Rock - trunks123
13.12.2006: TEPS (Online Tech)
22.11.2006: Izzetron (Post-Time Spiral); Soggy Pickles - Gavin Verhey
30.8.2006: BottomDeck, Aggro Loam; prolepsis9, Gifts Rock
13.10.2005: Dragonstorm Combo by CutToTheChase
16.6.2005: Symbiosis by Eric Engelhard (caliban17) {Seshiro the Anointed Avatar}
19.10.2004: Paendragoth
Attachments
pr-update-1.3.4.zip
(9.88 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
gos

Postby ArsenalNut » 07 Jan 2013, 17:46

gos wrote:For the moment, I will stick to posting only mainboards, since I need to change script I use to generate the .dck files to include sideboards.
If you haven't already tried it, you should check out the import deck function in the deck editor. It will import the sideboard also. I've been using it to do my own imports of the tournament and daily decks posted on the mothership website so I could have the sideboards also. I've also used it with deck listings on ChannelFireball, StarCity Games, and Blackborder.
So many cards, so little time
ArsenalNut

Postby friarsol » 07 Jan 2013, 18:08

ArsenalNut wrote:
gos wrote:For the moment, I will stick to posting only mainboards, since I need to change script I use to generate the .dck files to include sideboards.
If you haven't already tried it, you should check out the import deck function in the deck editor. It will import the sideboard also. I've been using it to do my own imports of the tournament and daily decks posted on the mothership website so I could have the sideboards also. I've also used it with deck listings on ChannelFireball, StarCity Games, and Blackborder.
I'm pretty sure gos has a script written that creates the decks files, so it would be very tedious to filter it through Forge.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Xitax » 09 Jan 2013, 02:46

gos wrote:
Xitax wrote:With sideboarding now active, are you planning to release decks with sideboards whenever the sideboards are Forgeable? It may be complicated because some decks may be Forgeable only w/o sideboard. In this case would you upload the deck w/o the sideboard?
This is something I've been thinking about. As you say, there are many decks that I've posted that (still) have unforgeable sideboards. There are also a number (relatively small, but not inconsiderable) of decks that have identical mainboards to decks I've already posted, but different sideboards. I try to play all of the decks I post, so the issue of many almost identical decks is something that already concerns me.

Another change that affects both decks posted without sideboards, but is more often relevant to those that do have them, is the enforcement of the deckbuilding rules, minimum 60 cards mainboard and exactly 15 cards sideboard. There are a number of decks here that have fewer than 60 cards, or more than 4 of a (non-"basic land") card, and there are even more that have less than (and occasionally more than) 15 sideboard cards. The are a few reasons for this, the most common ones being 1) there were less than 60/15 cards posted in the original article ("unknown card", for example); 2) the deck is a silly casual one; 3) the deck comes from a context where it is appropriate to use the sideboard differently (most notably the Duels of the Planeswalkers preconstructed decks with a large number of "unlockable" cards that I have registered as sideboards).

I think a further subdivision of constructed decks, which I've seen proposed a few times, could be used to solve the deckbuilding/casual deck issue.

Finally, I'm concerned with how to present the decks when we have the possibility of updates, i.e. a sideboard becoming forgeable. Do I want to mark those decks that have an unforgeable sideboard? Should I have a special section for decks whose sideboards have become forgeable with each new release?

I would like to post everything I can, skipping those sideboards that are unforgeable for the moment, as you propose, but these are the concerns that I haven't quite figured out the best solution for. For the moment, I will stick to posting only mainboards, since I need to change script I use to generate the .dck files to include sideboards.
Personally I try to play almost every deck too, but some decks I've been skipping lately because they're pretty much too similar already. I wouldn't really want decks whose only difference is sideboards, but that decision is yours completely.

The decision to allow only legal decks in constructed mode is something I hope the devs come to decide was daft, precisely for the reasons you give here.

And finally, there are already so many decks in my constructed folder that subfolders are becoming a much more desirable feature to have, but I can live without it. I'm very grateful to the devs and community members such as yourself who have made what we've already got, here. Thanks!
Xitax

Postby Hellfish » 09 Jan 2013, 07:52

Just a little headsup, enabling dev mode removes the legal deck requirement. :-)
So now you're
Screaming for the blood of the cookie monster
Evil puppet demon of obesity
Time to change the tune of his fearful ballad
C is for "Lettuce," that's good enough for me
Hellfish
Programmer

Postby gos » 09 Jan 2013, 08:54

Hellfish wrote:Just a little headsup, enabling dev mode removes the legal deck requirement. :-)
Thank you, I had figured this out. Not to complain, but I feel there's something a bit off in having to enable development mode to play preconstructed decks from WotC (such as Portal Second Age, Starter 1999 and Zendikar). For my tastes, anyway.
gos

Postby moomarc » 09 Jan 2013, 11:14

gos wrote:
Hellfish wrote:Just a little headsup, enabling dev mode removes the legal deck requirement. :-)
Thank you, I had figured this out. Not to complain, but I feel there's something a bit off in having to enable development mode to play preconstructed decks from WotC (such as Portal Second Age, Starter 1999 and Zendikar). For my tastes, anyway.
If I can work out how, I'll make it a user preference that can be set in the preferences screen.
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby gos » 09 Jan 2013, 11:38

moomarc wrote:...
If I can work out how, I'll make it a user preference that can be set in the preferences screen.
Thank you :)
gos

Postby gos » 09 Jan 2013, 15:44

gos wrote:For the moment, I will stick to posting only mainboards [...]
...and now I've posted a bunch of decks with Wish cards and no sideboards to search. *Sigh* Looks like forge is developing at a pace too fast for me to handle :) Talk about first world problems.
gos

PreviousNext

Return to Forge Decks