It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:56

Text Size

Basic Blue deck.

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Basic Blue deck.

Postby jpb » 05 Sep 2008, 13:25

This deck is pretty lethal against the computer since the majority of what the computer plays is creatures. Let the computer put out it's creatures and steal them. Save your counterspells for non-creatures. Almost everytime I play with this the computer will end up with no creatures and I will end up with 5 or 6.
Attachments
blue-creaturecontrol.deck
(672 Bytes) Downloaded 527 times
Last edited by jpb on 06 Sep 2008, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.
jpb

Re: Basic Blue deck.

Postby jpb » 05 Sep 2008, 19:46

Since this forum hotlinks card names to the actual cards I thought it might be nice if I listed the contents of this deck.

4x Ancestral Recall
4x Bribery
4x Control Magic
4x Counterspell
4x Floating-Dream Zubera
20X Island
4X Man-o'-War
4x Remand
4x Remove Soul
4x Repulse
4x Sower of Temptation
jpb

Postby Mr.Chaos » 06 Sep 2008, 12:34

This deck plays well, I won all 6 games I played with it.
Although I found Floating-Dream Zubera to be an odd choice for this deck.
Canonfodder just for the card draw? A bit weak.
Maybe Echoing Truth, for the extra removal, or the classic Prodigal sorcerer, to knock out the little ones you don't want to waste a control- or counter spell on. (My elves-decks don't like him at all. :evil: )
Vedalken Mastermind could also be usefull in this deck. As a protector of Sower Of Temptation or to put Man-o'-War back in your hand to use it again.
Memnarch is also a lot of fun in a mono-blue control deck like this. (a bit expensive, but you can steal everything your opponent plays, even lands. :mrgreen: )

Faerie conclave would work nice with the creature theme of this deck and gives you a potential extra creature to deal damage with.
And I would replace 4 Island with 4 Mox Sapphire, just for the speed boost it can give your deck.
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby jpb » 07 Sep 2008, 04:10

I really like your ideas there!

Yes, the Floating-Dream Zubera is only for if you have extra mana or need a cheap blocker; MTG forge didn't really have anything else for this I found useful.

I also have never lost with this deck against the AI, the most difficult deck to win against was red-no-creatures.
jpb

Return to Forge Decks