It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:47

Text Size

Elf deck that packs a punch.

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Elf deck that packs a punch.

Postby Mr.Chaos » 06 Sep 2008, 08:37

Here is my elf deck. It is a simple "pump and pummel" deck that does really well against the decks that come with MTG Forge.

When playing this deck, remember that for now, the trample bug still excists.
That means that trample only works properly if the trample creature is blocked by just 1 creature.
If 2 or more creatures block it, trample will not work and all damage must be dealt to blocking creatures.

My solution usually is to attack with 1 trampler and some token elves to force the other to spread blockers.
Then hopefully your trampler has only 1 blocker and can do its job.
It is possible to have a Sylvan Messenger of 31/31 attacking your opponent.

Little side tip: add a zero at the beginning of your deck's name to have it appear at the top of the decklist.
That way, you can easilly find your own decks again.
Enjoy the deck.
Attachments
0-Chaos-aggro-elves.deck
(724 Bytes) Downloaded 657 times
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Re: Elf deck that packs a punch.

Postby GandoTheBard » 06 Sep 2008, 20:44

My solution to the way decks are listed is to delete the ones that come with the game and just build my own. :)
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby jpb » 07 Sep 2008, 04:39

I lost the first game I played with this deck. The computer got out a 0/3 wall and pestilence then would just pestilence to kill all of my creatures as soon as they were in play.
jpb

Postby Mr.Chaos » 07 Sep 2008, 05:57

Pestilence can do that to you. But if the AI manages to get pestilence out before you can pump up your elves, you either had the worst luck in drawing cards or just played the cards in the wrong order.
Best way to play is to get some mana elves out and then either one of the pumpers or the Sylvan Messenger to produce more elves.
If those 2 are not available, tutor or commune for something useful.
This deck is quick on the mana, slow on the win. But the lifegainers usually help you survive.

And don't forget that you can mulligan at the start. I sometimes mulligan twice if I don't like the cards I am handed.
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby jpb » 07 Sep 2008, 07:21

I did play Sylvan Messenger, unfortunately the computer got pestilence out on the third turn and killed off everyone an the fourth turn. I have played this deck a few times since, and it has worked well. I think it was just good play by the AI which caused the loss. Since this deck has no enchantments, perhaps I should code tranquility and you could 2 of them or so in it.
jpb

Postby Mr.Chaos » 07 Sep 2008, 15:18

Tranquility would work, Wear Away would be nice too, so you can take out artifacts.
And I am simply dying for Priest of Titania, but Forge said that card is impossible in the current version. :(
Oh well, something needs to be left for V2 I guess. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby jpb » 07 Sep 2008, 22:36

I think it's impossible because there is no such thing as a mana pool in MTG forge; notice that you can't tap mana before casting. A big thing about that card would be making sure it causes mana burn.

Since I sent disenchant to forge, I will let him know that Naturalize is the same exact card, just a different entry in cards.txt
jpb

Postby Mr.Chaos » 08 Sep 2008, 05:28

Thanks for explaining the mana pool thing, jpb. I am not a programmer, just a player.
And since I also play the official cardgame of Magic, I sometimes run into these "why can't I have this card?" kind of moments.
Because you know there are better card out there than currently used in MTG Forge and sometimes, that can be frustrating.

And a big thank you for making Disenchant and Naturalize. =D>
Those cards can make a big impact in the game, even if enchantments and artifacts are not the most used cards in the game.
Just to know that they are in the cardpool and that the AI can get them in a random deck can mean a big difference in playstyle.
Hopefully they will be implemented in the next update.
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Return to Forge Decks