It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 15:14

Text Size

greensteel, bring out the colussus!

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

greensteel, bring out the colussus!

Postby Mr.Chaos » 06 Sep 2008, 09:01

This is another green deck, although green is just the means to get mean. In other words, use the elves to bring Darksteel Colossus out, then Nevinyrral's Disk to clear the floor and tiptoe to victory.
(how a Darksteel colossus tiptoes is beyond me. :lol: )
This deck has no lifegaining, so you must be quick in getting the cards you need.
Worldly Tutor, Commune With Nature and Harmonize, help getting the goods out quickly.
Elvish Piper isn't wistling dixie, he lets the big boy come out and play.
(if you actually manage to get the 11 mana on the table to hardcast the Colossus, you are probably too late to win with him.)

Have fun with this deck.
Attachments
0-Chaos-greensteel.deck
(614 Bytes) Downloaded 492 times
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Re: greensteel, bring out the colussus!

Postby GandoTheBard » 06 Sep 2008, 19:37

Fun idea...but what if you get the bad boy out and lose it to a control magic? You cant even disenchant it or the control magic since it is indestructable and the control magic is not an enchantment anymore. Some sacrifice creature effect would fit nicely to make that less dangerous. Im curious how the AI plays this deck vs a human. Does it know to do the combos to get the darksteel collosus out? We shall find out.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby GandoTheBard » 06 Sep 2008, 19:48

Ok so the deck wouldnt load in the ai side at all...I guess there are cards in it the AI cant handle? So I gave the Ai the blue control deck by Phorce and took the Greensteel and noticed something ...if your opponent gets a disk on the table before you get your collossus you lose. Interestingly I drew no lands the game that happened just a mox and a hand full of elves.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby Mr.Chaos » 07 Sep 2008, 06:11

Gando, you are right that the AI refuses to play this deck. Strange. I will try to find out which card exactly causes this.

As for the control magic, hey, this deck was just a quickly put together thinghy to use the Colossus as a finisher.
I have played a deck symilar to this with the real cards, and it works really well. This is as close to that as I can get with the current cardpool.
As long as we don't get access to Disenchant or Wear Away and as long as enchantments are handled as sorceries, we just have to make do with what we are given.
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby Mr.Chaos » 08 Sep 2008, 14:02

Ok, I figured out why the AI can't play this deck. LANDS! I forgot to include forests! :oops:
So the solution is to open the deck in the editor, add forests until the deck is at 60 cards and save it.
Then it works quite well, really.
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby jpb » 08 Sep 2008, 15:26

This deck is fun, but sometimes it gets you in trouble. On the very next turn the AI did bribery, now they've got two Darksteel Colussus and I've got no way to get rid of them!
Attachments
sowerofdarksteel.JPG
jpb

Postby Mr.Chaos » 08 Sep 2008, 18:22

This deck is best seen as suicide green. If you win, you win big, usually with 1 or 2 Darksteel Colossus on the table and an empty field for the AI.
But if you lose. . . it hurts. BIG time! you either get beaten by your own DC's, or just run over by enemy hordes due to not getting the disk.

It is not a perfect deck, but fun because you know you can get hurt.
The other deck I posted is more consistant in its wins, but there is something about winning with an indestructable 11/11 trampler that puts a smile on my face. :D
Especially while being at just 2 life and using the disk to wipe out an entire army of slivers and steal the win. :mrgreen: Or should I say, "steel" the win. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Return to Forge Decks