Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

White not so weenie ....

Postby GandoTheBard » 22 Sep 2008, 23:59

White Control as it may be known in some circles: Decklist:

Mana:
Plains x23
Mox Pearl x1

Spells:
Armageddon x4 (win!!) (I used to be known as Armyhead on IRC* in tribute to this card.)
Tithe x3 (this in response to an armageddon when your opponent has more land almost guarantees a win.
Swords to Plowshares x4 (meat**)
Crib Swap x4
Wrath of God x4
Disenchant x2 (potatoes**.) (strangely useful against all those moxen with Armageddon looming large.)
Ajani Goldmane x2 (this card is so good I should probably swap 2 other cards out for 2 more of these though usually I got one when needed and it pulled out some squeekers for me.)
Castle x1 (Tech against aggro. though honestly it usually got discard from the extra lands tithed out in the beginning of the game.)

Beasts:
Angel of Mercy x3
Archon of Justice x3 (really good against the vise decks)
Serra Avenger x3
Adarkar Valkyrie x1
Serra Angel x1
Magus of the Disk x1

Notes:
After several hours of nonstop playing against the AI, this deck defeated all but 3 of the decks I have lists for on MTG Forge. All three decks that it lost to were Control decks of some form (Blue Red Control, My Modified Mono Blue Control and WGU Elves (an aggro control deck)) losing in the 3rd games to all 3. It went 2-1 vs most of the straight aggro decks and 2-0 vs the Green Steel, Black Red, Stompy 101, Potence?? and Black White Control and itself. Red Vise came closest of the vise decks to defeating it 1-2 but in the end the last game was a squeaker in the White Controls favor. I put that down to the fact that I am a little better than the ai. :)

(* Newnet at the time had a character limit that precluded "ArmageddonHead" as a Legal nick.)
(** Meat & Potatoes was coined by Tony Parodi*** to express how important they were to his white/blue control decks. )
(*** onetime partner in Greymatter which was the company that ran "NY Magic" Tournaments and which basically supported Brian David Marshall's Neutral Ground in NYC.)
Attachments
MonowhiteControl.deck
(719 Bytes) Downloaded 405 times
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Return to Forge Decks