It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:14

Text Size

W/G Akroma, Angel of Wrath

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

W/G Akroma, Angel of Wrath

Postby mtgrares » 25 Sep 2008, 13:25

This is a fun deck that tries to get Akroma, Angel of Wrath into play. The green part of the deck is for mana acceleration and Elvish Piper. Wrath of God is also included in order to buy you some time. Originally this deck was supposed to be for Storm Herd, but that card is really hard to win with. You have to have 10 mana AND a decent amount of life points. Akroma and also be swapped out for any white fatter like Serra Avatar.

p.s.
I didn't think I would have fun uploading decks, but I do ;-)
Attachments
wg-akroma.deck
(681 Bytes) Downloaded 463 times
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: W/G Akroma, Angel of Wrath

Postby Mr.Chaos » 25 Sep 2008, 14:59

26 lands seems a bit much. also, I miss Worldly Tutor . Maybe swap out 2 lands and 2 spiders for 4 tutors.
And swap the remaining spiders out for 4 copies of Ethernal Witness so you can recycle tutors or killed creatures.
But first... playing as it is to see how it does. Then I will see if my changes are any good or just a recipy for dissaster. :wink:

Storm Herd? Now THAT is a fun way to win.
I will try to make a deck that uses Storm Herd as the game-winner.
Green/white seems the best option, search cards and graveyard retreaval are needed to make this work.
And life gain, so the 2 wardens can come too.
imagine this: Soul Warden is in play, you play Storm Herd.
Next turn, Eternal Witness, targeting Storm Herd.
After that you play Storm Herd again. You life total goes through the roof and you have more tokens than you need to kill your opponent. 8)
But don't let that stop you from playing another Witness or Herd. :mrgreen:
There is no such thing as too much life nor can you ever have too many tokens. :lol:
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby DennisBergkamp » 25 Sep 2008, 16:15

I actually made Eladamri's Call, I'll post it once I get home... It might fit in this deck :)
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby GandoTheBard » 25 Sep 2008, 18:47

One good pyroclasm ruins the stormherd plan. Best to stick to cards that actually can win. :D I kid. If you want Storm herd and its ilk to win you need to combo it up with accelleration. Also since you ARE going to be fragile you might want some "pants" cards ("Empyrial Armor" comes to mind) or play with some Anthems. Though to be honest I think it is best to go for the aggro slam idea and just cast your token producers asap.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby Mr.Chaos » 26 Sep 2008, 06:11

The best token generator remains Nemata, Grove Guardian.
His tokens may be just 1/1, but sacrifice 1 and all others get +1/+1 until end of turn, so Pyroclasm is not a problem.
The only problem? Nemata is not in MTG forge yet. :(

Sliver Queen is faster at making tokens, but she needs another card to boost them. Nemata does that by himself.
Plus, Nemata is just 1 color.
I want Nemata, Grove Guardian! And Rhys the Redeemed is just brutal when combined with Nemata!
*Wanders off to make a deck around these 2 from his real collection of cards*
](*,) = coder at work, according to a coder.It does explain some of the bugs. :wink:
Mr.Chaos
Tester

Postby DennisBergkamp » 06 Oct 2008, 05:46

I could probably make those cards, shouldn't be too hard. I'll add them to my list :)
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby GandoTheBard » 06 Oct 2008, 14:27

Ok so I was toying with the idea of the Storm Herd deck mentioned above and pondered how to make it work against the AI:

Storm Herd Dot Deck
Beasts (17)
Essence Warden x4 (this gives you a nice combo with the Storm Herd if it comes out and meanwhile keeps you alive as a staller.
Eternal Witness x4 (gets back all the missing pieces as needed)
Meadowboon x2 (evoke only usually ...needed sometimes to pull through an alpha strike against a large army)
Sakura-Tribe Elder x4 (duh...)
Wall of Swords x3 (stalls the offensive until you get your mana)

Spells (17)
Storm Herd x4 (the heart of the deck's combo...very expensive of course but when it works :D)
Tithe x2 (mana fetcher!!)
Kodama's Reach x4 (mana fetcher!!!!)
Wrath of God x3 (Stall, Stall, Stall)
Swords to Plowshares x4 (well removal is good...instant speed removal is even better :D)

Artifacts (6)
Mox Pearl x1 (duh)
Mox Emerald x1 (duh)
Obelisk of Bant x2 (White and Green :D Acceleration)
Obelisk of Naya x2 (White and Green :D Acceleration)
(Yes I could have just made it 4 of one or the other but meh old habits...if you play more unique cards it keeps your opponents guessing.)

Lands (20)
Savannah x4 (must have this...works nicely with Tithe, even with the random pick bug)
Plains x5
Forest x7
Terramorphic Expanse x4 (thins the deck which means you get to draw what you need, though maybe its a little counter productive in this deck)

Anyway ...seems like with the AI's stupidity combined with its smoothed land draw this deck has a chance because games take longer naturally. (Note to self....need millstone in some decks to kill Computer's smooth draws :D) Surprisingly it is a fun deck to play. Strange how that works...Id never have even tried it if someone hadn't said how silly it was :P
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Return to Forge Decks