It is currently 08 May 2024, 13:59

Text Size

10-18build Necro deck #1

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

10-18build Necro deck #1

Postby GandoTheBard » 19 Oct 2008, 17:29

Ok so I built a necro deck in 3 colors (because I can) that can be fun to play. Not exactly teir 1 but then again there is no pox.

"Necropotence with a Twist"
Necropotence x3
Timetwister x1
Ancestral Recall x1
Swords to Plowshares x4
Zur the Enchanter x1
Shriekmaw x3
Shadowmage Infiltrator x4
Hypnotic Specter x3
Sensei's Divining Top x2
Hymn to Tourach x3
Nevinyrral's Disk x2
Soul Feast x3
Liliana Vess x1
Demonic Tutor x1
Mox Jet x1
Mox Sapphire x1
Mox Pearl x1
Charcoal Diamond x4
Swamp x5
Scrubland x4
Underground Sea x4
Watery Grave x4
Godless Shrine x4

Notes: This plays plays like traditional Necro decks with a bit more draw than normal. The infiltrators are the serious gas to the deck because if you get a bum draw with no potence you still can draw into it fairly quickly. The Soul feasts refuel your life because Drain Life isnt an option and wouldn't be as good in this version of the deck anyway. Disk is your panic button. It is not meant to be used a lot but more to sit as a threat. Not that the opponent (the AI) will recognize it as such). The alternative would be to toss in a few Damnations but I like the ability to just clear the board and get rid of a potence when life is low. Timetwister is very useful if you get stuck. You will hymn your opponents cards anyway so no worries there. Plow removes most immediate threats and can be fun combined with Twister. Shriekmaws are hard to block and kill something usually when they are played and in a pinch can be low cost removal. The one of Liliana Vess really wants to be a living death or Corpse Dance. But since those doesn't exist here...we make do. The divining tops make getting to the other parts a bit easier.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Return to Forge Decks