It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:56

Text Size

Green Weenie

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Green Weenie

Postby mtgrares » 10 Nov 2008, 22:35

This is a green weenie deck. And yes I do know that usually it is supposed to be “white weenie” but downsizing big green creatures into small efficient ones was fun. The idea is to attack, attack, attack. You don’t mind trading creatures since you want to win early, you can also your dead creatures back with Eternal Witness. Giant Growth is your only “removal” and should be used to destroy a big blocker or to win the game. The deck tops out at 5 mana and Giant Dustwap is your big finisher, 3/3 flying. Garruk is a great 4 drop because he can create multiple creatures and usually the computer attacks him, thus giving you another turn just like Fog.

99% of the time I use generated decks, but creating and using this deck is really fun. I really must add virtual tournaments in the future.

Changes and additions
Ashcoat Bear is very generic and his flash ability is pretty worthless, maybe Wild Mongrel would be better since he can be pumped up with an extra card or two. Blinkmoth Nexus is a fun “attacking land” that has evasion, Mishra’s Factory would serve the same purpose. And I’m sure that there are a million ways to build a green weenie deck, but this is what I came up with and it seems pretty good and fun to use ;) Magic is supposed to be fun some of the time at least, lol.

p.s. I just made a 40 card deck because it was easier. I’m not a good deck builder.

Creature Mana Curve:
2: Ashcoat Bear, Blinkmoth Nexus
3: Eternal Witness, Troll Ascetic, Pulse of the Tangle
4: Garruk Wildspeaker
5: Giant Dustwasp

40 Total Cards

12 Creatures
-------------
4x Ashcoat Bear
4x Eternal Witness
2x Giant Dustwasp
2x Troll Ascetic

11 Spells
----------
2x Gaea's Anthem
4x Garruk Wildspeaker
3x Giant Growth
2x Pulse of the Tangle

17 Land
--------
3x Blinkmoth Nexus
14x Forest
Attachments
green-weenie.deck
(575 Bytes) Downloaded 323 times
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: Green Weenie

Postby GandoTheBard » 11 Nov 2008, 18:37

Another generic colored attacker that would go great in a deck like this (better than blinkmoth) is Mishra's Factory if it has its proper abilities. Since Blinkmoth has it why doesn't factory?
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 12 Nov 2008, 14:05

I hope that you don't mind if I modify your theme and make this a 60 card tournament legal deck. I will include white to add Watchwolf. A 3/3 creature for a cost of W G. Awesome. Let's add in a third color, blue. Gaea's Skyfolk is a flying 2/2 creature for a cost of U G. 8-[

Add in Ancestral Recall, Timetwister, and 2 Harmonize. Eternal Witness now has even more cards to choose from.

The Dryad Arbor with your Blinkmoth Nexus is interesting. Gain mana early and have extra creatures to attack with later in the game. :wink:

The Birds of Paradise also gives you mana early in the game and with Gaea's Anthem and Garruk Wildspeaker becomes additional attackers. :!:

During play testing I got out a Force of Savagery with a Gaea's Anthem and a Garruk Wildspeaker in play. I'm glad that the computer doesn't get upset when facing these types of card combos. =D>

Creature Mana Curve:
0: Dryad Arbor
1: Birds of Paradise
2: Gaea's Skyfolk, Watchwolf, Blinkmoth Nexus
3: Eternal Witness, Pulse of the Tangle, Force of Savagery
4: Garruk Wildspeaker

60 Total Cards

21 Creatures
-------------
4x Birds of Paradise
3x Dryad Arbor
4x Eternal Witness
2x Force of Savagery
4x Gaea's Skyfolk
4x Watchwolf

20 Spells
----------
1x Ancestral Recall
4x Gaea's Anthem
4x Garruk Wildspeaker
3x Giant Growth
2x Harmonize
1x Mox Emerald
1x Mox Pearl
1x Mox Sapphire
2x Pulse of the Tangle
1x Timetwister

22 Land
--------
3x Blinkmoth Nexus
3x Dryad Arbor
4x Forest
4x Savannah
4x Tropical Island
4x Tundra

Green-Weenie-2.deck
(781 Bytes) Downloaded 327 times
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby mtgrares » 12 Nov 2008, 17:58

Modify all you want. Making a green weenie deck was alot of fun.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Return to Forge Decks