It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:35

Text Size

White Rage - W/R Skyknight Legionnaire

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

White Rage - W/R Skyknight Legionnaire

Postby mtgrares » 10 Nov 2008, 22:36

This is a generic white/red deck that showcases Skyknight Legionnaire. (This deck could really use Lightning Helix.) Basically all of the cards have a low cost and are easy to cast, no double mana costs. Castle Raptors is your only 5 mana card. Mistral Charger is your best 2 drop and Skyknight Legionnaire is your best 3 drop. This deck has single copies of Char, Lightning Bolt, Shock, and Threaten just for fun. For the land, I added two copies of Plateau and Sacred Foundry. Plateau is a better card than Sacred Foundry, but I had to add Sacred Foundry just for flavor reasons, it has great art.

40 Total Cards

18 Creatures
-------------
2x Blade of the Sixth Pride
2x Castle Raptors
2x Goblin Chariot
2x Goblin Skycutter
2x Minotaur Explorer
2x Mistral Charger
4x Skyknight Legionnaire
2x Wild Griffin

4 Spells
----------
1x Char
1x Lightning Bolt
1x Shock
1x Threaten

18 Land
--------
7x Mountain
7x Plains
2x Plateau
2x Sacred Foundry
Attachments
RW-white-rage.deck
(626 Bytes) Downloaded 375 times
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: White Rage - W/R Skyknight Legionnaire

Postby GandoTheBard » 11 Nov 2008, 18:35

Im a little befuddled by the numbers ...why 1 ofs? Lightning Bolt, Char etc are all worthy of more numbers. Also again why the 40 card size? Constructed Decks are a minimum of 60 cards in standard magic rules. If you are looking for a cheesy AI deck...mountains + bolts is the way to go.

For red Fire Imps are pretty decent as a three drop. And SKy Cutters are really more of a defensive card as a 2 drop. I will post a version of this deck later when I settle back in to my pc.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby DennisBergkamp » 11 Nov 2008, 20:36

I actually made Lightning Helix, I'll post it sometime.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby GandoTheBard » 11 Nov 2008, 20:59

Speedweenie my version...

This isn't the absolute best the deck gets but I think its pretty close...far from unbeatable it usually either wins quickly or not at all...however the wheels and wraths give you an opportunity for a second chance if the shuffler ever deigns to give you one of them (in my experience the shuffler's main duty is to fill your hand with a) lands or b) nonlands in contrariness to whichever you happen to need at the time.)

Decklist (60 cards)
Critters (16)
Ball Lightning x2
Inner-flame Acolyte x2 (really nice for the variability of its bonus though less useful once Anger is triggered)
Anger x4 (just incase you have one of those draws :D) Yes 4 is a little much but it works really well with the Explorers and Wheels.
Minotaur Explorer x4 (this was x0 until I saw the connection with Anger)
Savannah Lions x4 (good one drop)

Spells (22)
Lightning Bolt x4(finisher and floor sweeper)
Swords to Plowshares x4 (floor sweeper)
Brute Force x4 (red giant growth :D)
Wheel of Fortune x3 (replenish your hand which is almost always going to need it before the AI does)
Wrath of God x4 (reset board)
Angelic Blessing x3(slow Growth but +flying makes it ok...not a huge fan but with the card base we have it fits best)

Mana (22)
Mountain x6
Plains x6
Plateau x4
Sacred Foundry x4
Mox Pearl x1
Mox Ruby x1

It IS a little land light and the reason has to do with the low mana curve + the nature of the shuffler...which tends to flood out decks with more than 22 lands for some inexplicable reason. Anyway RNG aside this deck should do well against most decks the AI can feild.

Things that might hurt this deck..Huge Flyers, Indestructable creatures, Color hosing (not much of that thankfully), Poor draws, and Misplay.

I left out fire imp in favor of other more janky creatures. :)
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Return to Forge Decks