It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:21

Text Size

Santa's Workshop

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Santa's Workshop

Postby Chris H. » 10 Dec 2008, 15:42

Santa's Workshop

It's late at night at Santa's workshop. Santa and his elves have had a long day and are now sound asleep. Unfortunately, they forgot to lock the back door. A Kobold sneaks in and causes unimaginable trouble for the toys that were made earlier in the day.

This is not meant to be a serious tournament winning deck. It has less land than most decks, but it doesn't need much to function. The mox and Birds of Paradise should help you get as much mana as you need.

Most of the creatures cost zero or one mana to cast. I try not to cast them until I have an Essence Warden on the table. The computer will attack and attack often in the early turns. The Essence Wardens should keep you from sacrificing your cheap creatures in early blocking battles.

Cast the Howling Mines as quickly as you can. Before you cast a Minions' Murmurs you should play as many cheap creatures as possible. Just be careful, count your creatures in play and your lives before you cast Minions' Murmurs. I forgot one game and killed myself with the damage!

The Anthems and the Ajani Goldmanes will turn your cheap creatures into formidable giants. I had a game where I was able to get my kobolds up to 7/8 creatures on the turn that I won.

Enjoy the deck and have a happy holiday.

This deck requires the new cards that were recently added.

60 Total Cards

29 Creatures
-------------
4x Birds of Paradise
3x Crimson Kobolds
3x Crookshank Kobolds
4x Essence Warden
1x Isamaru, Hound of Konda
3x Kobolds of Kher Keep
3x Ornithopter
2x Roterothopter
3x Scryb Sprites
3x Suntail Hawk

14 Spells
----------
2x Gaea's Anthem
2x Glorious Anthem
4x Howling Mine
3x Minions' Murmurs
1x Mox Emerald
1x Mox Jet
1x Mox Pearl

3 Planeswalker
---------------
3x Ajani Goldmane

14 Land
--------
4x Bayou
4x Savannah
4x Scrubland
2x Temple Garden

The deck file is attached below:
Attachments
Santas-Workshop.deck
(805 Bytes) Downloaded 323 times
Last edited by Chris H. on 11 Dec 2008, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Re: Santa's Workshop

Postby GandoTheBard » 10 Dec 2008, 17:14

Funny deck idea. It could probably be tweaked a little but why bother? :) It looks like it would give the AI fits.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 10 Dec 2008, 17:53

GandoTheBard wrote:Funny deck idea. It could probably be tweaked a little but why bother? :) It looks like it would give the AI fits.
One game the computer cast a Hex spell the turn before I was ready to attack with multiple creatures. The next turn with the Howling Mines in play I drew a Minions' Murmurs and replaced everything that I had lost. A Human opponent would have been crushed by this.

I sometimes wished that the computer was programed to speak an occasional curse when facing such situations. :lol:
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby GandoTheBard » 10 Dec 2008, 21:59

Heh but what human player would run Hex over Damnation? I'm guessing since the randomly generated decks are fairly removal light that this was one of the few instances of mass removal in that game.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby mtgrares » 17 Dec 2008, 19:37

Seems like a fun deck, thanks. I like wierd theme decks.

The computer occansionally casts a back-braking card like Hex and I just laugh. Unfortunately the computer doesn't always have the power to actually win the game, but occansionally he does.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Return to Forge Decks