It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 00:45

Text Size

Green Elf Pump deck -- with renamed "Leaf Gilder"

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Postby Chris H. » 08 Feb 2009, 01:55

My 4+ year old Mac died and I just replaced in with a new one. I remembered that Rob stated in a message that the Green Elf Pump deck would slow Forge down to an unacceptable level on older computers. I wanted to test this deck against my new computer and see if it would slow down to a crawl like it did with the older computer.

The Green Elf Pump deck is one of the decks that is included in the all-decks2 file. With the recent version of forge this deck will no longer load. The "Leaf Glider" in this deck has been corrected to "Leaf Gilder".

60 Total Cards

28 Creatures
-------------
4x Ambassador Oak
2x Elvish Warrior
1x Essence Warden
4x Immaculate Magistrate
4x Imperious Perfect
4x Leaf Gilder
4x Llanowar Mentor
1x Timberwatch Elf
4x Wellwisher

6 Spells
----------
1x Epic Proportions
1x Gaea's Anthem
4x Reach of Branches

26 Land
--------
26x Forest

Attached below you will find a new Green Elf Pump deck which will load into the newer versions of Forge.
Attachments
green-elf-pump.deck
(722 Bytes) Downloaded 313 times
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Re: Green Elf Pump deck -- with renamed "Leaf Gilder"

Postby GandoTheBard » 09 Feb 2009, 01:10

I know there are alot of decks to look through here but I am certain there are several decks like this already listed (though the old "leaf gilder" is not included in them if I am remembering correctly.

Meantime if you are using Man-Mana why also use 26 forests? Mana screw in MTGForge shouldn't be THAT bad. :) I also would recommend against Wellwisher. There are a ton of better elves already implemented.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 09 Feb 2009, 01:44

GandoTheBard wrote:I know there are alot of decks to look through here but I am certain there are several decks like this already listed (though the old "leaf gilder" is not included in them if I am remembering correctly.

Meantime if you are using Man-Mana why also use 26 forests? Mana screw in MTGForge shouldn't be THAT bad. :) I also would recommend against Wellwisher. There are a ton of better elves already implemented.
It is a fairly minor problem/bug but I thought that Dennis might want to replace the old Green Elf Pump deck deck with a dek that had the correct spelling for the Leaf Gilder.

The 26 forests were probably to help with the Reach of Branches spell. And when you have enough forests in play any additional forests can be used as a discard with the Llanowar Mentor.

I remember at some point the Wellwisher was broken but I failed to check this out as I was play testing this deck.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby GandoTheBard » 09 Feb 2009, 17:58

Chris H. wrote:
GandoTheBard wrote:I know there are alot of decks to look through here but I am certain there are several decks like this already listed (though the old "leaf gilder" is not included in them if I am remembering correctly.

It is a fairly minor problem/bug but I thought that Dennis might want to replace the old Green Elf Pump deck deck with a dek that had the correct spelling for the Leaf Gilder.

The 26 forests were probably to help with the Reach of Branches spell. And when you have enough forests in play any additional forests can be used as a discard with the Llanowar Mentor.

I remember at some point the Wellwisher was broken but I failed to check this out as I was play testing this deck.
This is what Id call a less than optimal plan. The greater the number of forests in the deck the likelier you will be flooded. Even with Mentor the chance of a flood being problematic is high. Better to use Kodama's Reach which thins the deck while fetching you land as needed. If the elf fetchers were implemented you could use those too. Leaf Glider/Gilder is not a very good card for its cost. It's not horrible but there are better cards in the pool we have. I recommend you read through some of the older decks to see what I mean. And I am not talking about the decks MTGForge made and included in the client for his own purposes. (I tend to replace Alldecks2 anyway as soon as I unpack a new build.)

I don't think Wellwisher is broken in any sense of the word. Also Reach of Branches is fun but I don't think it is that great a card even when it does work consistantly. If this is just supposed to be a deck to test cards that are not coded properly then you needn't post it here. :)
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby DennisBergkamp » 09 Feb 2009, 21:24

Ahh, yes I always just include the all-decks file from the previous release (my own all-decks file is horribly cluttered with just test decks).. I could fix this for the next version, or even better would be if someone could post a new deck file with some interesting decks.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 11 Feb 2009, 13:08

DennisBergkamp wrote:Ahh, yes I always just include the all-decks file from the previous release (my own all-decks file is horribly cluttered with just test decks).. I could fix this for the next version, or even better would be if someone could post a new deck file with some interesting decks.
Hmmm :-k

When people download a new version of Forge we tend to copy over our all-decks2 file. How many of us take a long look at the included all-decks2 file to see if there is anything new?

Those of us who visit the CCGH MTG Forum have access to the numerous decks that we have attached to MTG Forge Decks forum.

I just visited the Google site where Rares posted the 01-15 version and discovered that it has been downloaded 972 times. How many of these people visit this forum and have access to our decks?

I can repair the all-decks2 file and attach it to the MTGForge 02/08 (unofficial BETA) version forum. This would remove the several testing decks and it would replace the non working Green Elf Pump deck.

Someone could provide a zip file with all of the decks on this forum. The Export Deck command can be used to create similar named txt files with the cards listed from these decks. This way the Google people can inspect and import our decks as desired. Does anyone want to volunteer to create this zip file?
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 13 Feb 2009, 19:26

When I mentioned that elf pump, it wasn't the elf pump included in Forge. It was much more explosive....

I think it ran 20 lands, 3 Emerald mox and 4 kodama's reach to take care of mana. I think it had 4 anthems, 4 timberwatch elf, llanowar elves in stead of leaf gilders, 4 essence warden.... And a couple of fat tramplers to top it off.

It took the computer forever to calculate it's attack phase, and took forever to respond to my selecting attackers.

I'll see if I still have it on my desktop...

Now, we'll need Hunting Triad and Elvish Promenade to top it off.... This deck is why I felt compelled to write up all the pump spells including overrun. For a while I was running it with Tromp the Domains, and included 1x of each other basic land, searchable by kodama's reach.
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby Rob Cashwalker » 16 Feb 2009, 04:30

Well, I must have overwritten the deck file the last time I updated my desktop.... This was the list I made to replace it on that computer. I would sometimes just sit there and keep playing creatures, not attacking, just blocking. I wouldn't start until I hit 100 life.... But by then, it would have a couple dozen creatures to deal with.

22 x Forest
4 x Gaea's Anthem
4 x Imperious Perfect
4 x Llanowar Elves
4 x Overrun
4 x Timberwatch Elf
3 x Essence Warden
3 x Harmonize
3 x Immaculate Magistrate
3 x Mox Emerald
3 x Norwood Archers
2 x WellWisher
The Force will be with you, Always.
Rob Cashwalker
Programmer

Postby Chris H. » 16 Feb 2009, 11:57

Rob Cashwalker wrote:I would sometimes just sit there and keep playing creatures, not attacking, just blocking. I wouldn't start until I hit 100 life.... But by then, it would have a couple dozen creatures to deal with.
On occasion I will do the same thing. Wait and wait to see just how large of an army I can amass before I finally decide to attack. The computer can not concede and give up when it sees that the situation has become hopeless. At times, I too enjoy watching my life creep up and up to high levels
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Return to Forge Decks