It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:29

Text Size

Rat Master - fun deck

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Rat Master - fun deck

Postby mtgrares » 26 Feb 2009, 21:05

I really enjoyed creating and using this deck. All creatures are rats. Marrow-Gnawer is the finisher, sometimes you just play him and then attack with all of your creatures. If the board is gummed up, feel free to create more rats with Marrow-Gnawer's ability. Dark Confident is a great way to get more cards. Dark Confident is a little risky but most of the cards have a low cost. Just using Dark Confident is fun because it is such a great card, thanks to who ever programmed it. (It is great playing with fun cards that I didn't program.)

60 Total Cards

24 Creatures
-------------
4x Chittering Rats
2x Dark Confidant
3x Marrow-Gnawer
4x Muck Rats
4x Nezumi Cutthroat
3x Razortooth Rats
4x Zodiac Rat

11 Spells
----------
4x Bad Moon
4x Lab Rats
3x Sensei's Divining Top

25 Land
--------
25x Swamp
Attachments
b-rats.deck
(672 Bytes) Downloaded 277 times
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: Rat Master - fun deck

Postby DennisBergkamp » 26 Feb 2009, 21:49

I actually programmed Dark Confidant, seems like a long time ago :)

This deck could be pretty good in the hands of the AI, except in this version, the AI can't use Marrow-Gnawer yet. Next Beta I'll release, the AI will be able to use it effectively (I've tested it on my local version, within a few turns the AI has 10+ Rat tokens with fear in play :shock: ).
Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying the new version :)
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby mtgrares » 26 Feb 2009, 22:03

I've read alot about Dark Confident but I wasn't sure what is really a good deck for him. He really shines in this sort of black-aggro deck because you don't really care if Dark Confident lives or dies, because he is a 2/1 and he draws cards. He really is a superhero, lol.
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby Chris H. » 26 Feb 2009, 23:13

DennisBergkamp wrote:I actually programmed Dark Confidant, seems like a long time ago :)

This deck could be pretty good in the hands of the AI, except in this version, the AI can't use Marrow-Gnawer yet. Next Beta I'll release, the AI will be able to use it effectively (I've tested it on my local version, within a few turns the AI has 10+ Rat tokens with fear in play :shock: ).
Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying the new version :)
I looked through the source code and found that Sensei's Divining Top can not be used by the AI. I suspect it would be hard enough to have the computer decide which card should come first, 2nd, 3rd. And is the top card important enough to grab it right now.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby DennisBergkamp » 26 Feb 2009, 23:31

True, I've never implemented AI code for Sensei's Divining Top since it would probably use it for the worse.
It's tricky to write code to make the AI decide what's a good card right now, I mostly just added it because it's a great card for the human player.
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby GandoTheBard » 28 Feb 2009, 21:40

I built a more efficient version of this using Relentless Rats forgetting that a) R. Rats are borked still. b)the AI can't handle complex problems like: can I attack with bigger creatures than my opponent? And subtle geometry such as: 12x rats + badmoon = beat down from hell. If the AI could grasp these incredibly sophisticated ideas it would be dangerous, not to mention qualify as a rocket scientist. :/

Those who know me might be able to tell I'm a little annoyed that it (the AI) can't win with this deck archtype.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Return to Forge Decks