It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 04:02

Text Size

Stuffy Doll Deck - Looking for Some Feedback

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Stuffy Doll Deck - Looking for Some Feedback

Postby Marty » 06 Mar 2009, 01:38

Hey Everyone,

I came up with this Stuffy Doll / Pestilience deck....

24 Total Cards

4 Creatures
-------------
4x Stuffy Doll

4 Spells
----------
4x Mox Jet
2x Howling Mine
4x Pestilience

10 Land
--------
10x Swamp
Marty

Re: Stuffy Doll Deck - Looking for Some Feedback

Postby DennisBergkamp » 06 Mar 2009, 04:04

Yikes, looks pretty mean to me :shock:
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby GandoTheBard » 06 Mar 2009, 05:32

You hope you get a stuffy doll out before the beat down takes you down. Alot of decks employ flying creatures too so your "blocker" might not stop the beating. Also disenchent is alive and well in this set in a variety of forms so your pestilence is not safe to just plop down whenever convenient. I recommend you look at the cards available and ask yourself which ones help your plan.

I wont mention that Mox Jet is restricted in all formats becuase apparently that is considered too "purist" a thought. But I will say you want more mana, and manahelpers. And your 24 card deck isn't really acceptably large enough for anyone except yourself. :) I mean MTGForge wont complain but if you were to play against a real player with a deck like that theyd either laugh and/or refuse to play until you fixed it. :) 40 cards is generally ok though 60 is the accepted minimum (and maximum) for nonlimited evironment decks.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby Marty » 06 Mar 2009, 14:40

Ah the rules.. Being an "Old School" player, I've forgotten most of the rules about limited cards and deck sizes. Also, wasn't there "Interupt" cards? What happened to them? Any reminders about rules is great. Thanks.
Marty

Postby DennisBergkamp » 06 Mar 2009, 15:43

Interrupts changed into Instants :)
DennisBergkamp
AI Programmer

Postby GandoTheBard » 06 Mar 2009, 19:48

Marty wrote:Ah the rules.. Being an "Old School" player, I've forgotten most of the rules about limited cards and deck sizes. Also, wasn't there "Interupt" cards? What happened to them? Any reminders about rules is great. Thanks.
I remember reading my Unlimited rule book and going "oh! there is a deck limit of 60 cards minimum! wow" ...later when I got my hands on some beta packs (good friend with unopened beta packs = two person sealed ftw!) again the same pesky rule appeared...by "old school" do you mean you were in the prereleased alpha test?

Re: interrupts. there have been quite a few rules changes since Alpha. I recommend you look up the comprehensive rules. Should be a copy floating around somewhere online....Rob Cashwalker has managed to find ways to quote it several times. :)

Basically the stack has become all important. All interrupts count as instants now and all instants go on the stack and are resolved in LIFO manner with each player gaining priority (chance to respond) whenever something is put on the stack, and after something resolves off of it.

For example:

I play an Enchantment Aura that gives my creature +2/+2 and first strike. I get to do this as a fast effect because the card has flash (can be played any time an instant may be played). You decide to remove the creature I am playing this on with a Swords to Plowshares. I respond by giving the creature shroud (can't be the target of spells and effects) until the end of the turn. You counterspell the card giving shroud. I pass priority. You pass priority. We start to resolve the stack.

-- Counter the shroud giving spell.
-- Shroud card goes to graveyard
-- Swords to Plowshare resolves, creature is removed.
-- Enchantment Aura goes to the graveyard because it is sans a target.

Hope this is somewhat clear.
visit my personal homepage here: http://outofthebrokensky.com

Listen to my podcast with famed AJ_Impy "Freed from the Real" on http://puremtgo.com
GandoTheBard
Tester

Postby Marty » 07 Mar 2009, 15:23

Thanks. I kinda figured that's the way it worked now since Forge runs things like that, but I didn't know if it did that just because coding for interupts was difficult.
Marty

Return to Forge Decks