It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:35

Text Size

World Deck Development thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: World Deck Development thread

Postby moomarc » 28 Feb 2013, 18:16

The ? Indicates that the card is flagged for removal from random decks. In the right deck the ai will use them well, and in my opinion the warning should be removed if it is in a quest opponent deck (seeing as they're meant to be well tested etc. It ruins the immersion when you get a pop-up like that from a deck that is packaged with the game.
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby myk » 28 Feb 2013, 19:35

+1 - I can get that in real quick (edit: done in r19939)
myk

Postby Corwin72 » 28 Feb 2013, 21:20

What is next? Mirrodin? MDN,DST,5DN,SOM,MBS, and NPH?
Banned cards include artifact lands, Arcbound Ravager and Disciple of the Vault
Or years
All of the legal sets in a year including the base set?
So 2012 would be:
Scars of Mirrodin
Mirrodin Besieged
New Phyrexia
Innistrad
Dark Ascension
Avacyn Restored
Return to Ravnica

Thoughts?

This way you could do standard decks from a season or easy decks could be decent draft decks from those blocks.
Corwin72

Postby serrasmurf » 01 Mar 2013, 08:09

Hi,
Here the updated Ravnica world after the suggestions of Sloth.
Feedback and additional decks are welcome! Especially 3+ colour-decks, this first batch only has guild decks. Some cool new cards will also be part of the next version. I have a Sunforger deck ready, but not yet a Protean Hulk deck. Suggestions for the best Ravnica legal Protean Hulk deck? That the AI can play...
KR
Attachments
Ravnica World - 1-mar-2013.rar
(179.46 KiB) Downloaded 699 times
serrasmurf

Postby myk » 01 Mar 2013, 08:42

what is the exact line I should add to worlds.txt?
Code: Select all
Name:Ravnica|Dir:ravnica|Sets:RAV, GPT, DIS, RTR, GTC|Banned:Chaos Orb; Falling Star
Is this right?

Edit: There are a few file names that don't match with the Icon= lines, capitalization-wise. I'll fix the ones I see, but in the future be aware that these will be downloaded, and the internet is case sensitive. (hameln.jpg, trostani.jpg)

Edit2: There also seem to be a few icons that have nothing referring to them:
Buster.jpg
Dimir-precon.jpg
Rakdos-precon.jpg
Tibor-Lumia.jpg

Edit3: Der Rattenfanger von Hameln 2.dck contains a non-ascii character in its title. I know that 'Rattenfanger' is not the correct spelling, but I'd go with the ascii version to avoid display problems.

Here's a version with consistent image file names and with unreferenced files removed, plus the ascii fix, worlds.txt, and quest-opponent-icons.txt. A quick test shows that things seem to work. Good job! : ) I'd be happy to commit the files, but I'd like at least one other dev to take a look at them before I do. Also, I don't have permissions to upload icons to cardforge.
Attachments
ravnica-r1.tar.gz
(12.31 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
ravnica-icons.tar.gz
(105.05 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
myk

Postby serrasmurf » 01 Mar 2013, 09:38

Hi Myk,
Thnx for this!

myk wrote:what is the exact line I should add to worlds.txt?
Name:Ravnica|Dir:ravnica|Sets:RAV, GPT, DIS, RTR, GTC|Banned:Chaos Orb; Falling Star
Is this right?
This is copied from Rumbles world, this should overrule any ravnica card bannings from Forge.

myk wrote:Edit: There are a few file names that don't match with the Icon= lines, capitalization-wise. I'll fix the ones I see, but in the future be aware that these will be downloaded, and the internet is case sensitive. (hameln.jpg, hameln.jpg)

Edit3: Der Rattenfanger von Hameln 2.dck contains a non-ascii character in its title. I know that 'Rattenfanger' is not the correct spelling, but I'd go with the ascii version to avoid display problems.
Thnx!

myk wrote:Edit2: There also seem to be a few icons that have nothing referring to them:
Buster.jpg
Dimir-precon.jpg
Rakdos-precon.jpg
Tibor-Lumia.jpg
These are icons from decks I had to put on the shelf for now as they contained too many cards the AI can't play.

myk wrote:Here's a version with consistent image file names and with unreferenced files removed, plus the ascii fix. The few decks I looked at had very few cards with AI support, but a quick test shows that things seem to work. Good job! : ) I'd be happy to commit the files, but I'd like at least one other dev to take a look at them before I do. Also, I don't have permissions to upload icons to cardforge.
What do you mean with very few cards with AI support? See also my earlier post, my excel file and moomarcs response..
serrasmurf

Postby myk » 01 Mar 2013, 09:43

hehe, plz disregard that bit about AI support -- I was editing that part of my post out when you replied : ) I also updated the file in my post -- did you get the version with quest-opponent-icons.txt?
myk

Postby moomarc » 01 Mar 2013, 09:50

I've uploaded the icons to cardforge and updated the download links. As for the rest I don't really know so someone else will have to check. 8-[
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby serrasmurf » 01 Mar 2013, 09:53

i just downloaded, it seems fine, thnx!
serrasmurf

Postby Sloth » 01 Mar 2013, 19:45

myk wrote:I'd be happy to commit the files, but I'd like at least one other dev to take a look at them before I do.
Go ahead myk. I've looked at the deck lists and even though there are still some things i'd like to fix they are above the standard set by Rumbles worlds.

Good work serrasmurf!

EDIT: I actually only found two decks with problems:
Boros2005 1: Remove Bath in Light.
Caprio 2: The whole Leyline of Singularity idea will sometimes cause the AI to do stupid things. Deck has to be tested a lot.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby serrasmurf » 02 Mar 2013, 06:59

Hi Sloth,
Thnx!
Caprio has indeed a habit to ruin his nice combo. But often it does work, and then its powerful and fun, so ik kept it in. And gave him Hatching Plans :D

The challenges are also a point of attention, as I don't have a way to easily test them.
serrasmurf

Postby myk » 04 Mar 2013, 03:12

committed in r20013.

btw, to test specific challenges, just unzip the quest .dat file, edit the resulting xml file to add in the challenge index:
  <achievements>
    <currentChallenges>
      <int>2</int>
      <int>3</int>
      <int>4</int>
    </currentChallenges>
zip it back up, and stick the file back in your res/quest/data dir.
myk

Postby Corwin72 » 04 Mar 2013, 14:59

Great job with Ravnica. I played with it a bunch yesterday and it was a ton of fun. I do think that the precons are a little tough if you start in Ravnica. Perhaps some draft decks could go in the easy decks as well?
Corwin72

Postby serrasmurf » 05 Mar 2013, 18:19

Corwin72 wrote:Great job with Ravnica. I played with it a bunch yesterday and it was a ton of fun. I do think that the precons are a little tough if you start in Ravnica. Perhaps some draft decks could go in the easy decks as well?
Hi,Corwin,
Thnx!
Any particular precon deck that was giving you a hard time? I could check if it beats me up harshly too. Which isn't the end of the world every now and then..
More easy decks are welcome! (any decks are, actually) But better to choose a theme that gives a deck an identity. Just choose a weak theme and weak cards for this one..
KR
serrasmurf

Postby Corwin72 » 05 Mar 2013, 20:04

I just play with a bad constructed deck with no synergy. (300+ cards, full of duals and power cards). So when it struggles against an easy opponent I think that it is too hard. The one that stuck in my mind as too hard was a UW deck from the new set. So probably 2013. It was all fast flyers, small counters, and Detain. Skies is hard enough to fight with a constructed deck much less with a limited deck with little removal.
Corwin72

PreviousNext

Return to Forge Decks