It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 06:27

Text Size

Release thread - 0.99k

Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

Release thread - 0.99k

Postby Jorbes » 23 Sep 2009, 08:27

So, with 0.99k up for download on www.onlineplaytable.com, people want to know what's new.

The major change since the last release, which was ages ago, is the new graphics engine,
Andorra 2D (googling that will get you their project site on sourceforge).
The code conversion took quite a while, but the long wait was not just because of that, we've got work to "blame" there (even though i am very happy that i still have one!)

Because I lost the changelog during a pc crash (didn't feel the need to back it up with the sourcecode for some reason), I'll digg into my memory a bit now.

- Momir support, when connected to a server you can rightclick the table to select one of your Momir guys and hit a cmc to instantly receive a token on the battlefield.
No need to roll dice and look up cards from a list that may or may not be complete and/or available on the net.

- Autoupdate, Under Extra in the main menu, the first button will get you started.
Whenever the cards file changes (on the website), updates will be avaiable. This means new sets too, so you can try it out this weekend for Zendikar.

- Sealed, typing /sealed 10E 10E 10E will get you a sealed cardpool from the server.
The main difference now is, that you dont need to be at a table to do this.

- Security Codes, OPT now has it's own code, which are the first 10 characters from an md5 hash in base64 taken from a sorted / stripped cardsstring without basic land and in which sideboarded cards are treated the same as maindeck cards (get that? good) This means the Sec Code for your sealed card pool never changes, which is so much better for deck-checking.

- The Server, Now you wont see this for a while, since there is only one host at this time, for reasons like "not having the tell the whole world there is a new release"
I'll soon buy my own hardware to run one as well, probably in debug mode so any crashes can be treated directly in the code. The server was a console server, but is now a click, click, click, Windows Forms application.

- Small buggers, the graphics engine change brought alot of new bugs into the code, one being the "Release;"-Bug, where the .. ehh, let's not get to technical hehe.
Honestly, this version will be a new baseline, so just think of it as the first one ever, so I can keep track of a changelog again from now on.

If anything else comes to mind, I'll update this post with an [EDIT @ TIMESTAMP] mark.

Hope you enjoy!
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Re: Release thread - 0.99k

Postby Huggybaby » 23 Sep 2009, 13:02

This is a thing of beauty! I know built-in momir will make a lot of people happy.

Comments:

1. Include at least one sample deck to play with. - fixed
2. There's no way to select all Data Packs at once. - fixed via autoupdate
3. There's no way to select all Token Packs at once. - fixed via autoupdate
4. To install all tokens, I have to run an exe 48 times. - hehe, poor guy
5. The splash screen is neat. - thx

Thanks Jorbes, this is fantastic.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Jorbes » 23 Sep 2009, 13:12

Thanks for the feedback

You are right, i need some more UI controls on the update panel.

The tokens data packs will be installed in the same way as the cards in the releases to come, via updater, so I am not going to bother with creating new zips/installers.

The choice not to include decks was based on not being capable of finding any recent proper decks online. Deckcheck.net is a big mess of junk (Yo.dec on the mainpage.. really??) and WOTC.com is a freaking maze.

If you have some decks you'd like to see in the package, please paste/post them somewhere on this forum, thanks.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 23 Sep 2009, 13:23

I'm uploadng the tokens preinstalled right now, for until you get the updater in place. For a deck, any precon will do, it's just to give a new player something to look at while they're messing around. I've attached a couple I'm familiar with.
Attachments
Heavy Hitters.mwDeck
(2.81 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
Speed Scorch.mwDeck
(2.8 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Huggybaby » 23 Sep 2009, 13:43

Preinstalled Tokens:

OnlinePlayTable Tokens 46 Sets.7z (27.84 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?2keyzwdywmm
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Jorbes » 23 Sep 2009, 17:49

Cool, thanks for that.

Anyway. What i wanted to ask. Can OPT forum move to the top of the list, it being still alive and all. hehe
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 23 Sep 2009, 18:47

Not to the top yet, but you're up three spots now. It would take some doing to be on top of MWS, even though it's not being developed any more. I've been thinking about changing the forum categories and it might get even better for you. :)
Huggybaby
Administrator

Return to Online PlayTable