It is currently 07 Jun 2024, 02:29

Text Size

Release thread - 0.99l

Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

Release thread - 0.99l

Postby Jorbes » 30 Sep 2009, 09:52

[X] When resizing the window, mostly by doubleclicking the titlebar (toggle max/reg), the program could crash (at random?). Maybe something to do with reinitializing the directx surface.
- Dropped DirectX, using OpenGL now.
[X] Allow for easier selecting of multiple updates at once.
[X] Update feature for tokens, basically it will download all the data and add tokens that don't already exist. [s]Probably gonna[/s]add an option to download missing images also.
[X] cache update zips and notify use of zip, add feature to clear cache.
[X] Recheck after update to see what sets no longer need to be downloaded.
When you update Standard T2 right now, you don't need to update the individual sets that are part of T2, but they do stay in the list.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Re: Release thread - 0.99l

Postby Strainer » 02 Oct 2009, 09:32

Hi Jorbes!

First of all, thanks for putting all this work in this awesome program, I simply love the possibilities it offers.

I have only one feature request atm, that is security codes for drafted card pools. It would be awesome if after a finished drafts, all players get sent their opponents Opt Security Codes, as they stay the same after deckbuilding (good idea btw)

Is this possible for you to integrate easily or does it afford a lot of coding?

Hope you can make that possible, as OPT is then finally able to replace NetDraft.
Strainer

Postby Jorbes » 02 Oct 2009, 09:59

I've put this in the 0.99m TODO LIST now, thanks for the idea.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Strainer » 03 Oct 2009, 11:54

Thanks for putting it on the list, I have thought of some more possible inprovements:

-) I don't know if this is a simple theme problem, but highlighted pictures in 3-6 player theme are as small as the ones on the battlefield.

-) The "small" cards on the battlefield are still too big, should be similar to the size in MWS(maybe just a little bigger)

-) Having the ability to place cards freely is nice, but it is easier to overlook the situation when they are moved on a Grid

I don't want to stay all negative in this post, here is what I like:

-) Automatic draw and mulligan at the beginning, awesome
-) Possibility to use the stack
-) Draft and sealed decks

Another thing I wanted to state is that I personally don't like the MTG Deckbuilder of Opt. I personally like Nate's Deck Builder and Rules Viewer, as it is the easiest and fastest deck builders around. I don't think Opt needs another Deck Builder, it would be enough to have a little program to save the .dck files in .mwdeck or others(this is already possible with MTG Deck Builder, but could be made more simple, not a big issue here, just want to say that MTG Deck Builder is fine as is, as there is already a fantastic Deck Builder around.)

I hope this helps improving this wonderful app, I'll keep thinking of possible improvements and check the forums.

Greets

Edit: Another thing that came to my mind: Having the ability to play OPT locally on LAN-Partys. So we would need a local LAN-Server for that, is that possible too?

Thanks
Strainer

Return to Online PlayTable