It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:22

Text Size

Central server to find opponents

Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

Central server to find opponents

Postby mtgrares » 09 Oct 2009, 18:31

Your program looks really great. The hardest part is finding people to play against. I have access to an online MySql server and could write a simple chat client that simply lets people post their IP address and what type of game that are looking for.

Also I don't mind letting you use the MySql database directly if you wanted to.

--Forge (or mtgrares, creator of MTG Forge)
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Re: Central server to find opponents

Postby Jorbes » 09 Oct 2009, 20:22

yeah, the finding of opponents is kind of hard untill I have my own dedicated server.
We do have an irc channel on irc.solidirc.com #opt

The current phase is development, the next will be promotion, so it should become easier by then ;))
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby nico » 12 Oct 2009, 19:29

@mtgrares: there is no need to post ip's for opponents, since the program in itself already uses a centralized server system. At this moment there is only one server, and it can be found at opt.magic-league.com.
Create an account by logging on to that server with the username New, and no password (watch it, everything is case sensitive) then, when you are logged in, you type /reg username password to register from there on you disconnect and then log on with your username and password. aAnd indeed, at this moment there are not many people playing, but things will get better in the future.
nico

Postby mtgrares » 20 Oct 2009, 19:08

Well I'm glad that you already have a central server. That is probably one thing that has always hindered MagicWorkstation. (Well that and not being updated, lol.)
mtgrares
DEVELOPER

Postby Jorbes » 20 Oct 2009, 20:53

MWS also has a central server, but the OPT server has got tons of features: sealed, draft, momir support, cube support, user login w. password, user control like status and banning... the list goes on for a while, but ill make a "complete" list when I release the server.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Return to Online PlayTable