It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:33

Text Size

Shortcuts

Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

Shortcuts

Postby Clefaria » 01 Oct 2009, 12:38

Post copied and editted to keep track of what's going to be done (blue) and what not (red) and comments (purple)
Stuff that's been implemented will be green.

F2 = New Game In Solitaire Mode it will reset the "game", on the server it will start the game
F3 = Deck Editor

Ctrl+Enter = next turn
Ctrl+Space = next step
Ctrl+L = set life (manually)
F11 = decrement life
F12 = increment life

Ctrl+D = draw a card
Ctrl+Alt+D = draw a card from the bottom of the library (useless?)Not useless when you move a card to the bottom of library by accident
Ctrl+U = untap all of your permanents
Ctrl+T = create a token The token creation in OPT works via Token Manager and a right click on the table, which is fast enough already, because after Ctrl+T, you'd still have to pick a token.
Ctrl+F = flip a coin
Ctrl+Shift+F = heads or tails
Ctrl+I = roll a die -> Single 20 sided
Ctrl+Shift+I = roll a die -> Single X sided
Ctrl+Shift+Alt+I = roll dice -> N times X sided
Ctrl+S = shuffle
Ctrl+M = mulligan but only in solitaire mode, because server games handle this with game questions controlled by the server
Ctrl+Del = sacrifice highlighted permanent (says you're sacrificing the permanent you highlighted, good for clarity ("why did that go in the graveyard?")

Ctrl+O = manually set # of counters on highlighted permanentnot gonna add this because the counters system OPT has is far superior to this method, especially now with the "drag to all" feature (it's cool to be able to drag counters in OPT, but when you want to add several at once, it becomes tedious. Also, MWS can't do it, but if you could also add the ability to use this on multiple highlighted permanents at once (like highlight 3 creatures, ctrl+o, add 2 +1/+1 counters to all of them), that'd be awesome). Also, MWS doesn't distinguish between different kinds of counters, but OPT does, so if instead of just a field for a number, the shortcut brought up a dialog that gave you the choice of how many AND what type of counters, that'd be perfect. The drag and drop with counters with holding shift, ctrl etc does the job properly, no need for dialogs etc

Ctrl+P = manually set power/toughness on highlighted permanent. Same deal with MWS unable to do this to multiple permanents at once, but please add that ability to OPT (think of what the player would want to do after Godhead of Awe hits the field, for example.)

Alt+D = duplicate highlighted permanent (in the form of a token)

And now for what I remember...

Ctrl+- (minus) = lower highlighted permanent(s)' power by 1
Ctrl+= (equals) = raise highlighted permanent(s)' power by 1
Alt+- (minus) = lower highlighted permanent(s)' toughness by 1
Alt+= (equals) = raise highlighted permanent(s)' toughness by 1
Ctrl+Alt+- (minus) = lower highlighted permanent(s)' power and toughness by 1
Ctrl+Alt+= (equals) = raise highlighted permanent(s)' power and toughness by 1

The above are extremely convenient; indispensable, even.

And this isn't in MWS, but if you could add some shortcut or ability in the context menu to 'reset' a permanent to its default qualities in one step, that would probably be pretty useful, especially if someone screws up adding up pumps/effects and wants to 'start over', or something like that.it's going to be in the Action menu, simply because you don't need to do this often. It's not going in the right-mouse-context, because that's too full as it is already.

I'll add more if I remember. Also, I'd add that adding appropriate context menus for each of these actions upon right-clicking the appropriate thing (a permanent, your library, etc.) would also be a really good idea for usability, especially if someone doesn't know or forgets the shortcut (and the keyboard shortcut should sit in the menu item to teach/remind them).Each will be in the Action menu to begin with, the right mouse menu on cards need to stay limited to the basic stuff, else it will be really too large as mentioned before

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Re: Awesome Program!

Postby Jorbes » 01 Oct 2009, 13:25

Yeah, that helps alot hehe.

The list is a bit too long to cram into 0.99l real quick, so it's get done for 0.99m, I'll update the TODO LIST topic in a bit.

As for the counter adding, try holding CTRL when dragging, it adds X counters for which you will get a popup box.
To remove, holding CTRL also asks how many to remove (good for planeswalkers) and holding SHIFT removes all counters of the selected type.

Feel free to post more ideas though, keep me busy hehe.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Re: Shortcuts

Postby BaconCatBug » 04 Jan 2011, 00:27

Idea:

Keyboard Shortcut for Pass Priority, perhaps Ctrl+Shift+Space?
BaconCatBug
Apprentice

Postby pinecones » 04 Jan 2011, 10:35

or user defined key bindings.
pinecones

Postby Jorbes » 04 Jan 2011, 17:04

pinecones wrote:or user defined key bindings.
bingo :)

I will compile a list of basically ALL the menu items, give them a "element name" to use in XML and have users load all the shortcuts from a "mtg.osc" file (OnlinePlayTable Short Cuts, even though shortcuts is one word, I like 3 letter file extensions)
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby pinecones » 04 Jan 2011, 22:47

^^wish you could like posts in here as if it were facebook.
pinecones

Return to Online PlayTable