It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 08:14

Text Size

Connect to server error

Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Connect to server error

Postby Jorbes » 09 Oct 2010, 23:54

Bog Wraith wrote:Both computers have port 3000 open, but I will try it with 4747. I think I might have done that already because I figured that it works on MWS so why not there too. I will try it again later.

My wife & played a few games at the magic-league server & had fun. I think we made a mistake though as when we were leaving we ended up trying a couple of things which left us with two active tables that we couldn't leave or close down. So there are two active tables with our names on it but we can't figure out how to close them. We tried everything and there was no one else there to get any answers from. I hope we don't inconvenience nico, but i'm pretty sure it's easy to clear up from the server side. :oops:
Ok.
As for the active tables, that's my bad. I still have to code the server to clean up abandoned tables. Just didn't feel like such a pressing issue. Might get to that one day hehe.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 10 Oct 2010, 00:29

Ok, thanks for that Jorbes, I didn't want to leave a mess before we left! :)
Yes, if you could fix that I'd appreciate it because I want to leave the place the same way i find it when we depart.

I really like OPT Jorbes, you should be proud as it is a very nice GUI and, after a bit getting used to, it plays extremely well. My wife & I are long time vets of MWS and I was especially interested in her reaction to OPT. She liked it very much. You've added allot of neat little things that were missing from MWS interface. The app has allot of convenient game & card actions available quickly, with a right click, much more than MWS. It's obvious you played a heck of allot on MWS & added the things that you wanted to have in a more complete and easy to implement fashion.

I really like that the different markers are all available at the bottom right of the screen. Very cool.

A couple questions. All our HQ images show up of course in the game, but not the tokens, Is there a different naming sequence for them or a different folder name associated with it?

Also, do we need 8 people to conduct a draft or can we do it with less, say even with just 2?

I pinged my Windows 7 box from my Mac running XP in Parallels, which was also running the OPT server. All 4 packets that were sent were received, with no losses. Average round trip was 3ms. All @ 32 bytes/pack.

I hope this helps as I still would like to play with your app on my LAN!

Thanks again for everything. 8)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Huggybaby » 10 Oct 2010, 03:01

It feels like an easter egg, but in OPT go to Token/Token Manager/Online Updates and Download the data and Images. The images take a while and so I'm going to upload them soon.

The token manager is another cool thing about this app. 8)
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Jorbes » 10 Oct 2010, 11:13

For each token, you can define where the pics are by changing the "In Set" field. Default the set is the default set code that token came from + .TK
This allows for a proper overview of sets in the cards folder, you can quickly see if you have any token images for say SOM by looking for SOM.TK

Yes, it's a bit hidden, i should copy the menu items to the Extra menu i guess.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 10 Oct 2010, 14:27

Ok, thanx to both of you! :)

Yes, Huggy's post reminds me that I forgot to mention the token manager as well. Very convenient & very cool. Glad both of you could help on the image protocol for them.

Did the info on my server ping help?
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 10 Oct 2010, 14:42

Bog Wraith wrote:..
Did the info on my server ping help?
Yes, it tells me that the network allows traffic from your mac pc to your windows pc, but I guess we already knew that.

The connection timeout however, might indicate that the adres you try to connect to does not exist on the network (normally it would mean the host pc is offline)

A connection refused error would indicate a possible problem with the firewall settings.

One of the reasons I like to still resolve this is because it makes a nice entry in a FAQ I might create. It is quite possible other users will experience this same problem.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 10 Oct 2010, 15:27

Jorbes wrote:
Yes, it tells me that the network allows traffic from your mac pc to your windows pc, but I guess we already knew that.

The connection timeout however, might indicate that the adres you try to connect to does not exist on the network (normally it would mean the host pc is offline)
Yes but we know that address does exist because it's the same for my connection that is active when MWS is in play. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

As for using the in game download for the Token images I recommend it highly! The reason, yes it's convenient, but even more so, each set that contains tokens has a token folder with the sets name that stores those particular tokens that were available for that set. So you'll see folders with names like 10E.TK, RAV.TK, VI.TK, etc. This is how it appears on my Mac where my pics are stored. As for in Windows, I don't see the separate folders, but the tokens still work, just not sure where they're stored.

This way we can use the tokens from all the sets and not have to have it in one or two folders, constantly juggling & renaming them when ever the image boys release scans from a new set. I like all the token images from all the sets & I don't like having to pick from one or another because of all of them are contained in 1 or 2 folders. I wish MWS could work with these folders. Maybe a manual change in the DB could accommodate them so they would all be visible from within the library & game.

A serendipitous bonus from an already great app! 8)
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Previous

Return to Online PlayTable