It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:37

Text Size

Connect to server error

Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Connect to server error

Postby Bog Wraith » 08 Oct 2010, 23:59

I installed the server on my Win 7 machine and was able to connect to it using 127.0.0.1. I gave myself a name & password and I connected.

I wasn't able to join the server from my XP install on my Mac. I inputed the 127.0.0.1 at port 3000. I first tried it with New & no password, then I tried the name & password I used on the other machine, though that shouldn't work as it is the info for the win 7 player.

I went into the Windows firewall and opened port 3000 but I'm not sure what name to give it. I tried "my online play table server" but it didn't work.

I get a 10061 connection refused error.

My Mac firewall is non active so no problem there. Can you help me with this step?
I think that this is all I need to hook up and be able to meet up the 2 clients and begin to play!

----------------------------------

Edit

I just tried the Mac as the server and I was able to connect the OPT on that machine to the server, but when trying to get my Win 7 machine to join the server it has the same error report as the other computer did before.

No matter who the server is, I can get that OPT to join, but I cant get the non server computer to join the host. I get a 10061 connection error every time.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Huggybaby » 09 Oct 2010, 00:35

You made more progress than me. I never figured out the name and password thing.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Bog Wraith » 09 Oct 2010, 01:14

I left the Name as "New" & the Password empty. When I ok'd, the client joined the server, but then disconnected right away. I then did the /reg Nickname Password & it worked from there.

I just can't get the other machine, no matter which one, to connect. Whomever isn't the server can't seem to join.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Huggybaby » 09 Oct 2010, 02:11

I can now join two of myself to a server, all on the same machine, but haven't figured out how to join a lobby or accept a challenge.

Bogs and I can not connect to each others' server either, and M-L is still down.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Jorbes » 09 Oct 2010, 09:27

Bog, the 127.0.0.1 ip can only be used if the server and OPT are running on the same computer, 127.0.0.1 is your socalled "localhost"

On the pc that is running the server, i assume it a normal windows pc? You need to find out what the internal LAN ip is.
You probably use DHCP on the router, so it will give out ips to each machine. Open up a command prompt and type

ipconfig /all

This will show you the machines ip adres. That will also be your server ip to use for connecting.

A detailed server howto would be nice ey, might start on one this week.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby nico » 09 Oct 2010, 11:23

I got the ml-server up and running again. My old rig crashed hard so I had to buy a new comp. I also changed isp, so a new modem that I needed to learn how I can configure it, and learning some things about windows 7 to keep things running right. Anyway, as it is now, both opt.magic-league.com and mws.magic-league.com should be working again.
nico

Postby Bog Wraith » 09 Oct 2010, 12:16

Jorbes wrote:Bog, the 127.0.0.1 ip can only be used if the server and OPT are running on the same computer, 127.0.0.1 is your socalled "localhost"

On the pc that is running the server, i assume it a normal windows pc? You need to find out what the internal LAN ip is.
You probably use DHCP on the router, so it will give out ips to each machine. Open up a command prompt and type

ipconfig /all

This will show you the machines ip adres. That will also be your server ip to use for connecting.

A detailed server howto would be nice ey, might start on one this week.
You know, it hit me last night to try this after I had logged off for the night. Just do what I do with MWS and have one machine call the other after getting the ip address from LAN when selecting "Waiting" from MWS.
I think why i didn't do this earlier is because the computer acting as the server and connecting to it with 127.0.0.1 made me think that was the way I needed to connect with the other computer.

I already know my ip address for my machines by connecting through my LAN when playing MWS and a few other games I have. So I'll give it a go & report here.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 09 Oct 2010, 12:20

Cool nico, always nice to see you helping out :)

Bog, I have added the local ip info on the GUI of the new server, this thread made me realize it's needed hehe.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 09 Oct 2010, 12:57

No, it still won't work, I keep getting the 10060 connection timed out.

I did both the ipconfig/all & checking my ip that I use when connecting for MWS. Same problem.

Now to be clear, I only have 1 Win box, My other computers are all Macs. If I try & host on a Mac when I play MWS, I can't connect. The Windows machine has to be the host. That way, I connect with my Macs no problem.

I tried being the OPT server for both machines and tried the ip's I got from ipconfig/all & from my MWS settings which, of course are the same ip address. Nothing works.
I can join the server from the same computer on 127.0.0.1, but no matter what I try, I can't get the other computer to login to the server.

On the bright side, I am now able, thanks to nico having the server back up & running, to log both my computers to the opt.magic-league.com server. I've set up an account for me & one for my wife and we'll give it a go when she gets home later on today.
----------------------------------------------
Edit

I just set up my two computers on the magic league servers & did a solo test game playing both sides. I like what i see, this is a very nice client and everything so far works well. I will have a real go at it later when my wife gets home. i am really looking forward to trying a Sealed, (which is my favorite) & Draft play after we get comfortable with the GUI.

Very nicely done Jorbes. I'm going to see if I can create a theme for this.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 09 Oct 2010, 14:30

Before we go completely off topic discussing other CCG's...

Can you ping the windows machine running the server from the mac pc's?
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 09 Oct 2010, 14:36

Sorry about that I will move this out.

I thought you wanted other games for OPT. My mistake!

As for the connection, I will stick with the magic league server as it works for me so i can now use your wonderful app. :)
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 09 Oct 2010, 16:12

Bog Wraith wrote:Sorry about that I will move this out.

I thought you wanted other games for OPT. My mistake!

As for the connection, I will stick with the magic league server as it works for me so i can now use your wonderful app. :)
Okay, guess time will tell if other people are having problems with this, because if it's a software issue, i need to fix it :P
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 09 Oct 2010, 16:23

Well, I'm certainly not qualified to know if it is a problem for others, but I do know that I can connect to MWS from my Mac running Win XP in Parallels to my Win 7 box as long as the PC is the host.

Nothing I tried allowed me to connect to the non OPT server hosting computer with either of my machines no matter which one was running as the server.
I would still like to run this off my LAN but I'm happy to have it working thanks to nico's server. My guess is most people if not all will use that server & not want to run it on a LAN.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 09 Oct 2010, 19:52

Bog Wraith wrote:Well, I'm certainly not qualified to know if it is a problem for others, but I do know that I can connect to MWS from my Mac running Win XP in Parallels to my Win 7 box as long as the PC is the host.

Nothing I tried allowed me to connect to the non OPT server hosting computer with either of my machines no matter which one was running as the server.
I would still like to run this off my LAN but I'm happy to have it working thanks to nico's server. My guess is most people if not all will use that server & not want to run it on a LAN.
What if you run the server on port 4747 instead?
Are you sure you added OPTServer.exe to the exceptions list on the firewall? Sorry to nag on about this, but I like solving problems no matter how long it takes :)
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 09 Oct 2010, 22:45

Both computers have port 3000 open, but I will try it with 4747. I think I might have done that already because I figured that it works on MWS so why not there too. I will try it again later.

My wife & played a few games at the magic-league server & had fun. I think we made a mistake though as when we were leaving we ended up trying a couple of things which left us with two active tables that we couldn't leave or close down. So there are two active tables with our names on it but we can't figure out how to close them. We tried everything and there was no one else there to get any answers from. I hope we don't inconvenience nico, but i'm pretty sure it's easy to clear up from the server side. :oops:
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

PreviousNext

Return to Online PlayTable