TODO LIST: 0.99p

Postby Jorbes » 04 Jan 2010, 15:36

moved to Release Thread - 0.99p
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Re: TODO LIST: 0.99p

Postby Strainer » 04 Jan 2010, 19:01

Hi Jorbes!

I tested OPT 0.99n for some time now and now and would like to give you some feedback on the new features as well as report a bug I came across.

All the new features I tested worked out well, only problem I came across: When you draw your hand of 7 cards and get the chance to mulligan, the new drag and drop system for cards in your hand doesn't work, it starts working as soon as everyone took their mulligan(s).

Other than that, great work again, Draft worked fast and printed all the security codes, drag and drop worked in every zone, I couldn't end my turn twice, aura attaching works great.
The best new feature is the reconnect though, works perfect and fast for me.

There is only one (serious) bug I came across which may require a hotfix of some kind: I couldn't draw target arrows with the right mouse button, the feature seems to be broken. I can drag the arrow to the target card, but it doesn't draw the arrow. This happens in Solitaire mode and in normal server matches. I think this feature is quite important, hope you can easily fix it.

Greets

Strainer
Strainer

Postby firenegi » 07 Jan 2010, 18:38

There is only one (serious) bug I came across which may require a hotfix of some kind: I couldn't draw target arrows with the right mouse button, the feature seems to be broken. I can drag the arrow to the target card, but it doesn't draw the arrow. This happens in Solitaire mode and in normal server matches. I think this feature is quite important, hope you can easily fix it.
I have same trouble now ver OPT 0.99n. and so this program not available 2byte language?
Im Japanese but cant use japanese(2byte language)is not so satisfied.
menu bar must has multiple language edit too,pls thinking for multilanguage problem.
if developers make great things ,thats I thinking for this program donation values.

sry,i am not much for english.
firenegi

Postby tojammot » 07 Jan 2010, 19:46

I'm a collector and an EDH player (I work with long deck lists) and noticed that OPT's deck editor can't handle long lists well when adding cards.

When the deck list in progress reaches the bottom of the visible screen, the process of adding cards becomes difficult after that.

By that I mean this: When a user adds a card to a long list like this, the program doesn't indicate by focusing or centering the vertical scrollbar to let the user to _see_ that the card was added after hitting the enter.
tojammot

Postby Jorbes » 08 Jan 2010, 13:15

firenegi wrote:I have same trouble now ver OPT 0.99n. and so this program not available 2byte language?
Im Japanese but cant use japanese(2byte language)is not so satisfied.
menu bar must has multiple language edit too,pls thinking for multilanguage problem.
if developers make great things ,thats I thinking for this program donation values.
sry,i am not much for english.
Sorry, I have no idea how to do this, maybe in future when it's open source someone can help you.

ps: Using english windows might help you learn english also ;)
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Strainer » 08 Jan 2010, 21:10

tojammot wrote:I'm a collector and an EDH playerhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/imj ... 7-rc6.2.7z
By that I mean this: When a user adds a card to a long list like this, the program doesn't indicate by focusing or centering the vertical scrollbar to let the user to _see_ that the card was added after hitting the enter.
I personally use Nate's Deck Builder, it also supports OPT .dck files and has the best sorting and filtering options.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/imjzjdy3nmw/mtgDeckBuilder-arcane0.17-rc6.2.7z
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1gud1wdk4qm/mtgDeckBuilder-arcane0.17-rc6.3.7z

Greets
Strainer

Postby Jorbes » 08 Jan 2010, 22:03

I had no idea that Nate's Deck Builder supports .dck files, but that's nice.
Anyway, the issue has been fixed and will be in the next version released.
I may even do a single mtg_deckbuilder.exe release later this weekend.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 08 Jan 2010, 23:22

Jorbes wrote:I had no idea that Nate's Deck Builder supports .dck files
That's because you weren't aware that people are working on your behalf. This is a new feature of NDB, see viewtopic.php?p=26682#p26682 to learn when and how it came about. Thanks Snacko for the rapid feature request fulfillment. 8)
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Tegome » 18 Jan 2010, 08:08

Silly little bug...

When chatting in the lobby, you can't use Shift+U to make a capital U -- the game registers that as the shortcut to Tap/Untap Selected. It's the only Shift+Letter that doesn't work, and using Caps Lock to put the U in works as normal.
Tegome

Postby Jorbes » 18 Jan 2010, 11:23

Tegome wrote:Silly little bug...

When chatting in the lobby, you can't use Shift+U to make a capital U -- the game registers that as the shortcut to Tap/Untap Selected. It's the only Shift+Letter that doesn't work, and using Caps Lock to put the U in works as normal.
I think I need to change the shortcuts to all at least have Ctrl and/or Alt. Using just shift was dumb, because there is no way of knowing what the user means, the shortcut or U, because the chatline always has focus.

Thanks for this one :)
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Clefaria » 23 Jan 2010, 23:28

I just realized that selecting multiple cards and double-clicking will not tap them all (because the first of the two clicks will change the selection to be just that one card), like it would in MWS. Mind adding that ability in the next version?

EDIT: Also, the mouseover text that pops up when highlighting a card doesn't display the dash properly--instead, you get some weird symbols. Discovered this with Lotus Cobra.

EDIT2: Also, shift-clicking on a non-highlighted card on the battlefield causes an error to pop up.

EDIT3: Also should really change "My removed from game" to "My exile zone" or something, as per the new wording. Same for all othe references to "remove from game" and "RFG" in the GUI.

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Jorbes » 25 Jan 2010, 15:38

Clefaria wrote:I just realized that selecting multiple cards and double-clicking will not tap them all (because the first of the two clicks will change the selection to be just that one card), like it would in MWS. Mind adding that ability in the next version?
Funny, i recently changed it all to reflect how MS Window (and most other OS'es) would handle this. Doubleclicking a selection of files only opens the one double clicked.
But because we're not dealing with files here and we want the gameplay to be as smooth as possible, I will revert the change back to "double clicking a card that is selected will activate the action for all cards selected and it will no longer deselect any cards unless the ctrl key is held down".
This last bit about the control key cannot be changed, else it would be impossible to deselect a card that way :)
This will result in the following behaviour: When you have multiple card selected, Ctrl+DoubleClicking a selected card will first deselect that card, then it will perform the doubleclick action on the remaining cards. It may be a bit weird, but who ctrl+doubleclicks anyway? ;)

Clefaria wrote:EDIT: Also, the mouseover text that pops up when highlighting a card doesn't display the dash properly--instead, you get some weird symbols. Discovered this with Lotus Cobra.
May just be a font problem, I'll check it out.

Clefaria wrote:EDIT2: Also, shift-clicking on a non-highlighted card on the battlefield causes an error to pop up.
Oepsie, will check it out.

Clefaria wrote:EDIT3: Also should really change "My removed from game" to "My exile zone" or something, as per the new wording. Same for all othe references to "remove from game" and "RFG" in the GUI.
The zone captions (text above the zone) is a config in the "Zones" object. However I would like to create a global settings file in which users can define names / wording for zones and their actions ("Player1 exiles a card", etc). This will probably be XML and it will be the start of a somewhat more dynamic game definition (much like OCTGN does) to allow for other card games to be defined in the future. Doubt this will be in the next release though, because it's a lot of work hehe.

Thanks for the input!
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby misterL » 29 Jan 2010, 18:06

Hi.
I'm new here and I have an idea for OPT.
It would be nice if I would see a possiblity to shuffle only a few (e.g. 3) cards from the bottom of the libraries (needed for using Cascade ability).
For example, an option "Cascade" could be added to libraries' submenu.
Greetings.
misterL

Postby Jorbes » 29 Jan 2010, 18:39

misterL wrote:Hi.
I'm new here and I have an idea for OPT.
It would be nice if I would see a possiblity to shuffle only a few (e.g. 3) cards from the bottom of the libraries (needed for using Cascade ability).
For example, an option "Cascade" could be added to libraries' submenu.
Greetings.
It's already possible, use the Submenu of "Library" when rightclicking one or more cards.

opt_cascade.jpg
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby misterL » 29 Jan 2010, 18:53

Aah, OK, Thanks.
By the way, how can I put a nonland card to another card without attaching that first card to the second (and vice versa)?
misterL

Next

Return to Online PlayTable