Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

TODO LIST: 0.99r

Postby Jorbes » 16 Mar 2010, 11:16

Moved to Release Thread - 0.99r
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Re: TODO LIST: 0.99r

Postby misterL » 16 Mar 2010, 12:38

OK, I will be first, I have several things to post :)

Here's the screenshot from 0.99p version:
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9803/opt099p.jpg

1. Everyone sees the bug... (The window is maximized)
2. Is it possible to hide that textbox on the bottom?
3. I see that red message when I load Mysterious Realms deck (frow Worldwake set). What's the matter?
4. It would be nice if Load deck option would be available when I click right mouse button on my opponent's library.
5. There aren't Save option. Maybe you will add it...
6. I like that life counter and I would be happy If I see the same for an opponent...
7. Is it possible to set my opponent as first player (without changing turn number - from turn 1 to turn 2)?

Greetings

EDIT: Oops! 4th point is already implemented. Sorry.
misterL

Postby Clefaria » 16 Mar 2010, 14:51

I advise you to use a different graphic for the dice on the bottom left. It looks pixelated and grayish (which means bad contrast for the text on top). Either a plain black/white die, or even just a blank white square/cube with black text on it (maybe even as part of the graphic instead of overlayed).

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby kburts » 17 Mar 2010, 23:50

Hey, I have a problem;

When I export a deck to "MWS" i cannot open it in magic workstation play application, I need to copy the deck to the clipboard, then I need to resave-as and the name.

Also, I think anyone should be able to spectate games, because it is not really a bad thing, and you could probably make an option for "unspeccable" games.

Hope that help'd a bit, but after not being on for ages, the program still works well for me. :mrgreen: Just having trouble finding people to play against :(
kburts

Postby Jorbes » 19 Mar 2010, 09:48

misterL wrote:1. Everyone sees the bug... (The window is maximized)
Ok, I will change it so OPT start with default window sizes, not maximized. Maybe I will add startup parameter support like "-max" for people who do want it to launch maximized.

misterL wrote:2. Is it possible to hide that textbox on the bottom?
Did not realize you would want that in Solitaire Mode, so I will add that and let it auto-hide when going into Solitaire Mode, simply because it's useless there :)

misterL wrote:3. I see that red message when I load Mysterious Realms deck (frow Worldwake set). What's the matter?
I should have seen this coming, oepsie. I've removed the Ae cards that start with the funny symbol and replaced them with Ae versions so you never get duplicates in a draft, but I didn't think about already existing decks. I will patch these cards back in and will also add a "flag" to the data so the server knows it needs to ignore the duplicates.

misterL wrote:4. It would be nice if Load deck option would be available when I click right mouse button on my opponent's library.
As you already discovered, the Load option pops-up when you click on the zone, not on the card.

misterL wrote:5. There aren't Save option. Maybe you will add it...
I guess it's technically possible to record a game as it happens. I will think about a way to implement this.

misterL wrote:6. I like that life counter and I would be happy If I see the same for an opponent...
In OPT, you could have upto 6 players, even in Solitaire Mode. Having 6 life counters really fills up the table. You can use the little Heart in the Player Panels to set the life total for that player in Solitaire Mode. Then again, I could do the same trick as for the chat bar in Solitaire Mode, but this time the Life Controls will be visible in Solitaire Mode and auto hidden for other games, because you would not be able to use them for other players then.

misterL wrote:7. Is it possible to set my opponent as first player (without changing turn number - from turn 1 to turn 2)?
I will add a setting when you launch Solitaire Mode, a "first player" indicator. Do you need this to change every time you reset Solitaire Mode? Like for Team vs Team, the other Team becomes the first player and for Free For All, the next player in line becomes the first player. Let me know.

misterL wrote:Greetings
Greetings back
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Jorbes » 19 Mar 2010, 09:50

Clefaria wrote:I advise you to use a different graphic for the dice on the bottom left. It looks pixelated and grayish (which means bad contrast for the text on top). Either a plain black/white die, or even just a blank white square/cube with black text on it (maybe even as part of the graphic instead of overlayed).
If you find a better one, feel free to upload it here somewhere. Once I get a theme building contest going, we might get some better images all around.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Jorbes » 19 Mar 2010, 09:59

kburts wrote:When I export a deck to "MWS" i cannot open it in magic workstation play application, I need to copy the deck to the clipboard, then I need to resave-as and the name.
I think it's a fault in MWS, where it is really strict about the way the file is saved or something. I do not support MWS persee, but I am willing to look at the 2 deck files. If you could zip both the "wrong" and "right" deck and upload it somewhere, I can have a look at the difference on a byte level.

kburts wrote:Also, I think anyone should be able to spectate games, because it is not really a bad thing, and you could probably make an option for "unspeccable" games.
This unspecable game idea is Okay, but giving everyone default permission to visit games could be a bad idea. When a user misbehaves as a spectator, you want to be able to remove the ability to spectate games, therefor, you need a seperate flag for spectating games. The server owner could give this flag out to all the users at once though, via the /flag command using * as the username, or that should be working :)

ps: Finding people will become easier in the future, we just need to lay low a bit longer because there are still some updates in the works.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Lej » 19 Mar 2010, 12:16

There seems to be some problem with concede.
If it's Player1's turn and he enters the Declare Attackers Step the "Attackers declared? (YES)" box shows up for him. If Player2 concedes the game at this moment weird things happen. Usually gets stuck without the "Clear table (YES)" box appearing. Same thing with Declare Blockers.
Lej

Postby Clefaria » 19 Mar 2010, 15:20

Jorbes wrote:
Clefaria wrote:I advise you to use a different graphic for the dice on the bottom left. It looks pixelated and grayish (which means bad contrast for the text on top). Either a plain black/white die, or even just a blank white square/cube with black text on it (maybe even as part of the graphic instead of overlayed).
If you find a better one, feel free to upload it here somewhere. Once I get a theme building contest going, we might get some better images all around.
Well, you could even just draw a white square, or even just have a plain button, using stuff familiar to nerds like us to know what it means. For example, instead of "1 x 20" on a die graphic, you could hvae a plain button that says "d20".

Also, I don't really know when 2d6 or 4d5 would ever need to be rolled in Magic. Maybe it'd be a better idea to have the d20 button and then have a button under it with text areas for <blank>d<blank> for whatever other, much rarer, situation.

Also, I had no idea that right-clicking one of the dice would remove it! :shock: I tried right-clicking the d20 graphic and now it's gone. How do I get it back? You really ought to remove that functionality, I think.

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby misterL » 19 Mar 2010, 18:45

Jorbes wrote:Do you need this to change every time you reset Solitaire Mode?
Yes, it would be useful (at least for me)...
misterL

Postby Commissaire Rodo » 20 Mar 2010, 10:02

Hello There :),

First, I 'd like to Thanks Jorbes for this great program for playing MTG :).

Clefaria wrote:Also, I had no idea that right-clicking one of the dice would remove it! :shock: I tried right-clicking the d20 graphic and now it's gone. How do I get it back? You really ought to remove that functionality, I think.
Same here, that's very weird, I right clicked on one die and it disappeared, and on the log box, it said dice removed, or something like that.

I also see a bug on my comp and on the one of a friend when you reduce the window in the taskbar, a lil popup comes and says access violation in memory, blablabla. (for this one, maybe it's our comp and not your prog).

other bug i saw : I wanted to show the prog to another friend. I dled it, but it crashed just before showing the main windows.

To be more precise, it showed as usual the several yellow bars (with text : loading cards, loading graphic theme etc..), but it also showed one more with the text : "Resizing" and then the prog crashed. i thought it's because of his monitor. (i have a square one and he has a large one. I tried several resolution but no success :/).

Well, and a last thing, Is it possible to remove the power / toughness on the zoomed card when you use full picture ? i'm saying that because, it ok with cropped but with full, the pw/tg of the prog is in front of the printed pw/tg of the card and it's not very convinient to read. (it's just a thought ;) )
Commissaire Rodo

Postby Jorbes » 20 Mar 2010, 20:30

fast reply about the rightclick dice button.
i forgot it wasn't done yet :) there is supposed to be a popup menu with the items: 'Roll' and 'Delete'
I'll have it fixed.

about the crashes, I would like to build a test version for you to verify the problem is where i think it is.

more on this during the week, bye for now.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Strainer » 21 Mar 2010, 16:20

Thanks for yet another great update on OPT Jorbes!

I have succesfully played a great 8 person draft on my last LAN-party, everything worked out fine. The only problem we encountered: The cards on the play table are still too big for some people. Would it be possible (if it isn't already, I just haven't found a theme setting for it) to add support for changing the size of the cards on the table? I personally want to arrange my cards in 3 rows, lands on bottom, enchantments, artifacts and planeswalkers in the second row and creatures in the front. With the standard settings of the 2-player OPT theme, only 2 rows are possible.

Another issue we encountered: Tapped cards cover up some of the lifebar. Here is a screenshot to illustrate that:

Image#

Thanks again for all your work on this application =D> , looking forward to 1.0. :wink:
Strainer

Postby SqFKYo » 07 Apr 2010, 17:34

Would it be possible to get Master's Edition 3 to OPT?

Thanks for great software, only 9 more days until some heavy LAN testing :D.
Last edited by SqFKYo on 09 Apr 2010, 05:40, edited 1 time in total.
SqFKYo

Postby Jorbes » 07 Apr 2010, 22:09

SqFKYo wrote:Would it be possible to get Master's Edition 3 to OPT?

Thanks for great software, only 9 more days until some heavy LAN testing :D.
Sure, I'll try to remember to patch that in this week.
Then you should be able to run the Cards Updater.
I'll post here when it's done :)
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Next

Return to Online PlayTable