It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:11

Text Size

Some Urza's Saga cards not linking properly to the images

Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

Some Urza's Saga cards not linking properly to the images

Postby SqFKYo » 07 Apr 2010, 18:08

I went through the Urza's Saga after noticing that "Hush" doesn't seem to link properly to the image, and I got the following list of cards with problems (within US):

First there are the runes, i.e. "Rune of Protection: Red" etc. These have ":" in the .cards file, which is impossible to add to the picture files at least in Windows. I'd suggest removing that symbol from them in the .cards file as well.

Secondly there's Tainted Æther, but that can be fixed by copying "Æ"-symbol to the filename of the picture.
Finally there are the ones with no logical explanation I could find:
Guma
Hush
Lull
Raze

Does anyone else have similiar issues?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

PS. From the last release notes: "[X] Remove the weird AE versions of cards from the data file, because they can show up twice while drafting and the full's do not work anyway." <- At least AEther Burst works fine with my .full images when using .full-image that has the same name as is set in the .cards file.
SqFKYo

Re: Some Urza's Saga cards not linking properly to the image

Postby Jorbes » 07 Apr 2010, 22:05

Oh yes, I meant to download all the images one day and check that each one can be loaded. Writing a routine that converts the cardname to what the filename would be, would be the easy solution for everyone, cause then noone needs to rename any pic files.

ps. That todo list item was reverted in the very last release. All the Æ cards are also in there with the Ae version. The fix for duplicates during draft will be made on the server later.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby SqFKYo » 08 Apr 2010, 08:58

I take that means "I'm working on it, there's no current solution to fix it."? :D

Cheers for reply :).
SqFKYo

Postby Jorbes » 09 Apr 2010, 18:30

I found the bug, it seems not a single card that has a name of 4 characters would load, that made me look into the code a bit deeper and find a flaw, probably from when I was coding at 3am in the night :)

I'll also add a fix so OPT can load cards with weird characters in them.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 09 Apr 2010, 18:35

Jorbes wrote:I found the bug, it seems not a single card that has a name of 4 characters would load
Good one! :lol: It's a profanity filter.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby SqFKYo » 10 Apr 2010, 08:02

Jorbes wrote:I found the bug, it seems not a single card that has a name of 4 characters would load, that made me look into the code a bit deeper and find a flaw, probably from when I was coding at 3am in the night :)
Well spotted, that's the weirdest bug I've seen yet :D
SqFKYo

Postby Jorbes » 11 Apr 2010, 18:28

So i have made the fixes and all pictures that I could check will load. I say, that I could check, because there seems to be a difference in the codes MWS uses and that OPT uses.

Now I thought I sync'ed these codes a while back, but the folders in Clefaria's torrent pack are different. Can someone verify that the folders in this torrent are the ones mws uses 100%?

If so, I could change the OPT codes for the sets concerned, because they're older sets anyway.

Thanks.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Return to Online PlayTable