It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:40

Text Size

TODO LIST: 0.99s

Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

Re: TODO LIST: 0.99s

Postby misterL » 15 Aug 2010, 13:07

Another ideas:
- I would like to see a possibility to choose the same two (or more) cards but from different sets in the deck editor (e.g. 2 Islands from Magic 2011 and 1 Island from 10th Edition) - like MWS
- OPT's deck editor should also allow to choose a card from all existing ones. What do I mean? E.g. I can choose only one basic land card from each set, although there are 4 different basic lands in (almost) all sets (4 Mountains, Islands, Swamps etc.). The same should be with other cards - like MWS
- A player shouldn't be able to put a counter on a card in a graveyard, so could you change "Prevent card counters to be placed on cards in hand or library" to "Prevent card counters to be placed on cards in hand, library, or graveyard" in the first post of this topic?
- Maybe a support for age counters? - It's needed e.g for cumulative upkeep ability.
misterL

Postby Clefaria » 15 Aug 2010, 19:21

misterL wrote:- A player shouldn't be able to put a counter on a card in a graveyard, so could you change "Prevent card counters to be placed on cards in hand or library" to "Prevent card counters to be placed on cards in hand, library, or graveyard" in the first post of this topic?
Don't forget the exile zone. Cards there can't have counters either (program them to fall off if a card is put there from the battlefield). Speaking of the exile zone, I'd like to see (I may have mentioned this before) all mentions of "remove from game" etc. changed to "exile", and the exile zone named properly. Better for newer players, who won't understand the present terminology, and the new term is more concise, too.

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Jorbes » 16 Aug 2010, 09:53

What about suspended cards? They go to the exile zone with time counters don't they?
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Clefaria » 16 Aug 2010, 12:09

Jorbes wrote:What about suspended cards? They go to the exile zone with time counters don't they?
Oh, you're right. That's the only case, though. If a creature was suspended after it was on the battlefield (I think there was some card that did something like that), and it had a +1/+1 counter on it, that counter should be programmed (if it isn't) to 'fall off', as should any other non-time counters.

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Jorbes » 16 Aug 2010, 13:36

Uhm, yeah, this is going towards specific mtg rules enforcement a bit too much. In the end i want users to be able to create game definitions (like OCTGN) where they can define what counters can go/exist where. I'll add the graveyard for now as a temp solution, though WOTC could easily come up with a mechanic where you have graveyard counter. (maybe a buried-counter, where when you remove the last, you return it to play)

@MisterL: I don't plan on doing any work on the deckbuilder anymore, but instead I plan to create a dot Net project where I will rewrite the whole thing. Should be open sourced. Also plan on launching an online deckbuilder asp.net website.
Need to finish the new OPT first though. Probably do some coding on the server after that. Nate's deckbuilder project might be a better shot when it comes to implementing new features.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby misterL » 26 Aug 2010, 12:42

Jorbes wrote:@MisterL: I don't plan on doing any work on the deckbuilder anymore, but instead I plan to create a dot Net project where I will rewrite the whole thing. Should be open sourced. Also plan on launching an online deckbuilder asp.net website.
Need to finish the new OPT first though. Probably do some coding on the server after that. Nate's deckbuilder project might be a better shot when it comes to implementing new features.
Ok, nice to know...

By the way:
- there's a little problem with checking cards using Ctrl key in an opponent's zone. When you check 2 or more cards in a zone and try to move those cards into another (only moving from/onto the battlefield works normally), only one card will be moved.
- More options they affect my opponent in solitaire mode like Take mulligan e.g. splitting this option into these subitems:

Take Mulligan -> For me
Take Mulligan -> For my opponent 1
Take Mulligan -> For my opponent 2
etc.

- A player shouldn't be able to put a counter on a card in reveal/look zone (Sorry that I didn't check it earlier).
- the log shouldn't save an info about tagging, reseting (and other private actions if any) cards in look zone (or: the log could save these infos, but they should be visible only for look zone's owner)
- In solitaire: If you answer Yes to the question "Untap all?", OPT should untap only permanents current player controls, not all cards. The same should be with "Untap permanents" option.
- Some cards tell us about removing another cards face down, so maybe new option: "Remove face down" or something like that could be implemented...
misterL

Postby Jorbes » 26 Aug 2010, 14:37

@MisterL

I tried to replicate the first one, but was unable to.
Can you provide me with a scenario where only one card is moved? Thanks.

Will check the rest and revise the way untapping works.
Since you do that every turn it should work perfectly in solitaire mode.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby misterL » 26 Aug 2010, 14:48

One card is moved when the battlefield isn't first or second zone:

All cards are moved:
from Battlefield to another zone
from a zone to the battlefield

One card is moved:
from a zone (except by battlefield) onto another zone (again except by battlefield)
misterL

Postby Jorbes » 26 Aug 2010, 15:16

There seems to be different behaviour between cards dragged & dropped to a zone and cards moved to a zone via popup menu or double click. This no longer seems to occur in the new version, must have detected it along the way. So let's review this again after 0.99s, since it only applies to solitaire mode. Same goes for untapping.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby misterL » 02 Sep 2010, 06:38

More suggestions:
1. When I use "Play ability" option, the effect on the stack should copy all options they was set by a player (tag, counters, color etc.) for easier identification what that card is. Of course when you change these features on the effect, the original card on the battlefield should be changed in the same way (and vice versa).
2. Also popup menu for a card on the stack (effect or copy) could be changed a bit, e.g. remove "Put into play", "put into graveyard" etc. Replace all of these options with that one: "Remove from stack" or something like that...
3. Popup menu for arrows - what if I choose illegal target by accident? :) It's sure that popup menu should have "Remove target", I don't know if something else... And a card (not only on the stack but also in play) could have an option: "Remove all targets" - this option will remove all chosen targets for that card...

It's probably all at this time ;)
Please write for obscurity.
misterL

Postby Jorbes » 02 Sep 2010, 10:45

misterL wrote:More suggestions:
1. When I use "Play ability" option, the effect on the stack should copy all options they was set by a player (tag, counters, color etc.) for easier identification what that card is. Of course when you change these features on the effect, the original card on the battlefield should be changed in the same way (and vice versa).
I can add the copying of those things. You are right with the changes being done on both versions, as the ability should always be a mirror copy of the original, but it will require some extra coding here and there.

misterL wrote:2. Also popup menu for a card on the stack (effect or copy) could be changed a bit, e.g. remove "Put into play", "put into graveyard" etc. Replace all of these options with that one: "Remove from stack" or something like that...
That makes sense yeah. Comp Rules 608.2k agree.
But only for effects, a copy of an instant would still go to the graveyard.

misterL wrote:3. Popup menu for arrows - what if I choose illegal target by accident? :) It's sure that popup menu should have "Remove target", I don't know if something else... And a card (not only on the stack but also in play) could have an option: "Remove all targets" - this option will remove all chosen targets for that card...
Because the arrows are just drawn on the screen, it's not possible to "click" on them, also, the shape of the arrows will make it hard to create this functionality.
To remove a single target, just re-target, it will then remove it. I can add a "remove all targets" menu option though.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby misterL » 09 Sep 2010, 18:12

Thanks for implementing my ideas, Jorbes. I can't wait the next version.

By the way:
- What is difference beetwen "Put into play -> Face down" and "Play -> Face down" option? If there isn't, could you remove one of these options, Jorbes? I suggest "Play -> Face down" because the OPT with the first removed option wouldn't appear very well (At least for me :) - there would be two menu options with one subitem then)
- Sometimes the log seperates any action's description with card name as though they were two different actions, e.g:

[hh:mm:ss] Player resets color for:
[hh:mm:ss] <card>

or

[hh:mm:ss] Changing card tag to "blah blah blah" for:
[hh:mm:ss] <card>

etc.

And it should be e.g.:
[hh:mm:ss] Changing card tag to "blah blah blah" for <card>

Could you combine all these (and similar) descriptions into one?

Greetings
misterL

Postby Jorbes » 09 Sep 2010, 20:37

When you don't use the stack there is no difference indeed.
When you do, the Play option puts cards on the stack as spells and the Put into Play option puts them directly into play.
Also, some cards tell you to put cards into play from hand directly instead of playing them, so they should both be there to avoid any confusion while playing.
If I was going to hide any of them, it would be the "Play" option when you are not using the stack.

The somewhat weird logging is because these actions can be applied to multiple cards at once, creating a list of card names. When there is only one card in this 'list', then yeah, on the same line makes more sense. I'll try and tweak that a bit for the next version.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Clefaria » 09 Sep 2010, 23:45

References to "in play" should be changed to reflect the wording since Magic 2010 to "the battlefield".

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Jorbes » 10 Sep 2010, 08:32

Clefaria wrote:References to "in play" should be changed to reflect the wording since Magic 2010 to "the battlefield".
So "Into play" becomes "Onto the battlefield" right?

I would do all these changes, but ... it's a LOT!
Going to try to put all these texts into some file so it becomes dynamic. That would be needed if you were ever to use OPT for any other cardgame.

Same for exile

ps: I really dislike WOTC for doing this, it didn't change the game at all and play/rfg worked just fine IMO.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to Online PlayTable