Postby Jorbes » 10 Jun 2010, 09:06

Moved to Release Thread - 0.99s
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=3226
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Re: TODO LIST: 0.99s

Postby misterL » 10 Jun 2010, 12:40

My ideas:
- support for level counters (needed for creatures with level up)
- when I click right mouse button on a counter that a player or a card has, a menu should appear (e.g. with options: 'Add counter', 'Remove counter', 'Set number of counters' or something like that)
- The OPT doesn't save an info about visibility of the chat line in the solitaire mode (I don't know if the same is true for internet games, because I didn't check it), so whenever I run that solitaire mode, I have to uncheck 'Hide chat line' option. Could you fix this?
misterL

Postby Jorbes » 10 Jun 2010, 12:51

misterL wrote:My ideas:
- support for level counters (needed for creatures with level up)
- when I click right mouse button on a counter that a player or a card has, a menu should appear (e.g. with options: 'Add counter', 'Remove counter', 'Set number of counters' or something like that)
- The OPT doesn't save an info about visibility of the chat line in the solitaire mode (I don't know if the same is true for internet games, because I didn't check it), so whenever I run that solitaire mode, I have to uncheck 'Hide chat line' option. Could you fix this?
Level counters are easy enough to add, so I will, just need a nice icon for them, as the simple one with L is used for Loyalty.

The right click option for counters that are on cards is also pretty easy to create and most important, it will not break compatibility with the current 0.99r version so I will add that as "incomplete feature", not a new one.

For the chat line I think I will create a seperate config that 'remembers' whether or not you have the chatline visible in solitaire mode. I recall not auto hiding it because you can also use it for commands like /l 15 or /--- to set your life to 15 or loose 3 life point respectively.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby misterL » 10 Jun 2010, 14:10

Jorbes wrote:For the chat line I think I will create a seperate config that 'remembers' whether or not you have the chatline visible in solitaire mode. I recall not auto hiding it because you can also use it for commands like /l 15 or /--- to set your life to 15 or loose 3 life point respectively.
Oh, I didn't know about that. Thanks for info. :)
misterL

Postby koko007 » 18 Jun 2010, 14:21

Jorbes good work man, I really like your application and am using it more and more instead of magic WS. Well there is a lot of work that can be done to make it better and am sure you already know what is needed, anyways thing is when I play in solitary mode to test my deck when its player 2's turn when it asks to untap all his cards and I press yes it does untap his cards but when I press the draw button it draws for me not for him, yes I can work around it and go to his library and draw 1 card but the button is there to make it convenient so I would really appreciate it if you can fix that one. Thanks for this awesome application and hope more people use it in the future, hurry up and and release the new version :)
koko007

Postby Clefaria » 26 Jun 2010, 19:53

I just remembered something I wished MWS could do.

Please add the ability to mark something as not untapping as normal, but for just the next untap step. In other words, you would code it so that when that 'flag' is set, the next time everything gets untapped via the untap step, the permanent doesn't untap, but automatically has the "doesn't untap" 'flag' removed from it simultaneously.

It would make things so much more convenient. Maybe a submenu? Example:

Doesn't untap --> during next untap step (I'd put this one first, because it's so much more common overall)
Doesn't untap --> ever

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Jorbes » 26 Jun 2010, 20:17

Clefaria wrote:I just remembered something I wished MWS could do.

Please add the ability to mark something as not untapping as normal, but for just the next untap step. In other words, you would code it so that when that 'flag' is set, the next time everything gets untapped via the untap step, the permanent doesn't untap, but automatically has the "doesn't untap" 'flag' removed from it simultaneously.

It would make things so much more convenient. Maybe a submenu? Example:

Doesn't untap --> during next untap step (I'd put this one first, because it's so much more common overall)
Doesn't untap --> ever
4th item in the popup menu for permanents.
but its for the "ever" option only, you need to turn it off again, so I will add a version where it removes the flag instead.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Clefaria » 26 Jun 2010, 20:38

Yes, I know, that was my point. Both MWS and OPT let you flag something as 'doesn't untap as normal', but neither do what is much more common (e.g. Wall of Frost), which is mark it as not untapping, but just until the next untap step.

It's annoying to turn it on and off all the time. :)

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby misterL » 01 Jul 2010, 13:16

Small bug: A player can put a counter on a card in any hand or library. If he or she does, the log will save the info about it!
misterL

Postby Jorbes » 22 Jul 2010, 09:34

koko007 wrote:Jorbes good work man, I really like your application and am using it more and more instead of magic WS. Well there is a lot of work that can be done to make it better and am sure you already know what is needed, anyways thing is when I play in solitary mode to test my deck when its player 2's turn when it asks to untap all his cards and I press yes it does untap his cards but when I press the draw button it draws for me not for him, yes I can work around it and go to his library and draw 1 card but the button is there to make it convenient so I would really appreciate it if you can fix that one. Thanks for this awesome application and hope more people use it in the future, hurry up and and release the new version :)
Just to clarify, by "draw button" you mean the draw step icon in the phase bar correct? Double clicking a library also draws a card by the way, that may help for now.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Clefaria » 24 Jul 2010, 17:59

Add the ability (unless it's there and I just don't see it) to undo an accidental/erroneous card draw.

In MWS, the keyboard shortcut for this is Ctrl+R, by the way.

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Clefaria » 24 Jul 2010, 18:13

I just realized OPT has a 'three-row system' when it comes to where cards are automatically placed when played. I just had a thought of being able to customize what card types go where (and adding a row, if possible, to match MWS), to accomodate the player's preferences. Could be something like:

Creatures
Auras/Equipment
Other Artifacts/Other Enchantments/Planeswalkers
Land

You know what I mean? The four-row thing would be easy to set up in OPT, given that the card preview functionality is so much more responsive than in MWS.

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Jorbes » 24 Jul 2010, 21:59

Clefaria wrote:Add the ability (unless it's there and I just don't see it) to undo an accidental/erroneous card draw.

Should be doable, I can add it to OPT as it is now, but in the future, all card zone-to-zone movement will happen via the server, so then much more can be undone.

Added to list
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Clefaria » 24 Jul 2010, 22:06

Jorbes wrote:
Clefaria wrote:Add the ability (unless it's there and I just don't see it) to undo an accidental/erroneous card draw.

Should be doable, I can add it to OPT as it is now, but in the future, all card zone-to-zone movement will happen via the server, so then much more can be undone.

Added to list
Cool, thanks. :)

My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Jorbes » 24 Jul 2010, 22:07

Clefaria wrote:I just realized OPT has a 'three-row system' when it comes to where cards are automatically placed when played. I just had a thought of being able to customize what card types go where (and adding a row, if possible, to match MWS), to accomodate the player's preferences. Could be something like:

Creatures
Auras/Equipment
Other Artifacts/Other Enchantments/Planeswalkers
Land

You know what I mean? The four-row thing would be easy to set up in OPT, given that the card preview functionality is so much more responsive than in MWS.
When I'm going to implement this, it's going to be via user defined settings where a user would pinpoint the top of the row for any given card type. This pinpointing will be stored as the percentage of the height of the play area, so 0% would cause the top of the card to be at the top of the play area. 100%'s and close to that will cause the card to be repositioned so it appears in the play area fully, so users would need to tinker around a bit with the settings, but it would keep things dynamic and to each their own settings obv.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Next

Return to Online PlayTable