It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:52

Text Size

Info about 0.99s

Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

Info about 0.99s

Postby Jorbes » 25 Aug 2010, 11:08

Hi again!

So, it's been a while since the last release and I expected to have 0.99s done well before "now".
One of the new features is the dynamic positioning of permanents put into play by ways other than drag & drop.
In the current version, the top position of permanents is determined by some hardcoded percentage of the play area height. In the new version, the player who did the action, will determine the top position for the card, so that all players have the same view, not just left to right, but also top to bottom, which is nice and more "real life play" like.

Coding this change cascaded all over the place, requiring code to be rewritten and even the server needed a code change (for Momir Basic), but it's done now, at least for the hard, annoying part.

What remains to be looked at for this feature is determining the spot of the new permanent. At first, I was going to just check for a clear empty area to place the card. But when you define "tops" to be close to each other for different card types, the caused overlap will cause the new spot to be too far to the right. So I'll probably change this to a way where overlap between different card types is allowed. We'll just have to see how this feature works in games, changes can always be made obviously.

I'll be testing and checking off some todo list items in the TODO List thread and hopefully have something for you to play with by the start of next week.

Cheers!
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Return to Online PlayTable