It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:53

Text Size

TODO LIST: 0.99t

Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

TODO LIST: 0.99t

Postby Jorbes » 24 Sep 2010, 10:26

[ ] Improve rejoining / watching a game. It needs to be much faster, less than 10s for a full game.
[ ] Related to improving rejoining, move some game state data to the server (turn, priority, step, life totals, etc)
[ ] Investigate the minimize/maximize bug on Win7 x64
[ ] Put default handsize/lifetotal in game definition file.
Also put card type codes in there. Planned for post 0.99t release, probably 0.99u :)
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Re: TODO LIST: 0.99t

Postby misterL » 26 Sep 2010, 17:27

I think the (un)flipping only the card preview would be useful for those cards they request that flipping, e.g. Jushi Apprentice. Thanks to this, people will be able to see the bottom part of a card without flipping the "real" card...

E.g. a "Flip/Unflip" menu could be defined for the highlight...

And of course nice to see released 0.99s :)
misterL

Postby Jorbes » 27 Sep 2010, 15:26

misterL wrote:I think the (un)flipping only the card preview would be useful for those cards they request that flipping, e.g. Jushi Apprentice. Thanks to this, people will be able to see the bottom part of a card without flipping the "real" card...

E.g. a "Flip/Unflip" menu could be defined for the highlight...

And of course nice to see released 0.99s :)
Nice idea, and I just completed coding it, thanks!
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby misterL » 27 Sep 2010, 18:09

Thank you. If I have more ideas or I find a bug, I'll post here again.
Greetings.
misterL

Postby Clefaria » 27 Sep 2010, 18:33

How about being able to 'transform' a permanent into a copy of another permanent via a right-click menu? In MWS it's always been a hassle to play cards like Clone, and every player would come up with their own convoluted way to represent copies (I settled on flipping the original face-down, duplicating the copied permanent, and setting it down on top of the original, now face-down, card). If you could have a context menu item for permanents that said something like:

"Make into copy of" (the "into" differentiates from when you want to make a 'new' copy of a spell on the stack or something like that (e.g. Reverberate))

which becomes an alphabetized list of all permanents currently on the battlefield. When you select one, the card could basically be 'transformed' into that card. For something like Renegade Doppelganger, you could add a context-menu item specifically for permanents that have become a copy of something to "Reset to original", or, even better, make it so that when you select the original copy command, you could select whether the change is permanent, or only lasts until end of turn (the server, being aware of the phases and stuff, would know when to 'untransform' the permanent in that case, right?)

Sounds a bit daunting, but it would add a really useful piece of functionality, I think.

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Jorbes » 28 Sep 2010, 09:21

Clefaria wrote:How about being able to 'transform' a permanent into a copy of another permanent via a right-click menu? In MWS it's always been a hassle to play cards like Clone, and every player would come up with their own convoluted way to represent copies (I settled on flipping the original face-down, duplicating the copied permanent, and setting it down on top of the original, now face-down, card). If you could have a context menu item for permanents that said something like:

"Make into copy of" (the "into" differentiates from when you want to make a 'new' copy of a spell on the stack or something like that (e.g. Reverberate))

which becomes an alphabetized list of all permanents currently on the battlefield. When you select one, the card could basically be 'transformed' into that card. For something like Renegade Doppelganger, you could add a context-menu item specifically for permanents that have become a copy of something to "Reset to original", or, even better, make it so that when you select the original copy command, you could select whether the change is permanent, or only lasts until end of turn (the server, being aware of the phases and stuff, would know when to 'untransform' the permanent in that case, right?)

Sounds a bit daunting, but it would add a really useful piece of functionality, I think.
Hm, yeah, what I would do now is create a copy of the target card and attach it. Anyway, this could be implemented.

Instead of a submenu (it would become way too large for some situations and cluttered with useless targets like land, aura's, artifacts, etc) I would have the user enter some sort of select mode, where the next card selected would be the choice for the copy. This functionality was present a long time ago, but got removed. I wanted to return it already, to make choosing cards easier. Normally when selecting cards, this is only seen on your side, but sometimes you want the other players to also see the cards you are selecting.
Proliferate made me think of this functionality. Not sure how big proliferate is going to be though, but it would be nice to execute it easily.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Clefaria » 28 Sep 2010, 17:25

Yes, I realize after reading your post that the 'select mode' would be perfectly suited both for choosing proliferation targets and for choosing a copy target.

MWS bundle is DISCONTINUED, current only through M12
My (old) MWS bundle
Clefaria

Postby Bog Wraith » 13 Oct 2010, 13:46

Not sure if this is covered anywhere else, but wanted to play Sealed with Ice Age, Alliances & Coldsnap. Can you add Coldsnap to OPT please?

Also, Grip of Amnesia does not use the card art, instead reverts to generic template. Spelling is correct. Could there be an extra space key input between any of the 3 words in the card name?
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 13 Oct 2010, 14:30

Bog Wraith wrote:Not sure if this is covered anywhere else, but wanted to play Sealed with Ice Age, Alliances & Coldsnap. Can you add Coldsnap to OPT please?

Also, Grip of Amnesia does not use the card art, instead reverts to generic template. Spelling is correct. Could there be an extra space key input between any of the 3 words in the card name?
contact the person running the server to select CO in the sealed list.
grip of amnesia from Judgement is in the folder JU from the torrent, however, the OPT code is JD, so you might need to change the folder name there or copy it to the OPT code.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 13 Oct 2010, 15:41

Ok, Coldsnap is listed at the server as you pointed out, as CO. I was looking for it as CS which is what it is in the pics folder and in MWS. In Nate's deck builder it's listed as CSP. Never thought to look for it as CO!

Thanks also for the heads up on the Judgment naming difference with OPT code.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby moislex » 13 Oct 2010, 16:38

How to translate the program?
And How to translate the database of cards?
Is to create inventory (as in Magic Workstation)?
http://blog.mtgbr.com/mws
All Sources For MWS
moislex

Postby Jorbes » 13 Oct 2010, 21:27

moislex wrote:How to translate the program?
And How to translate the database of cards?
Is to create inventory (as in Magic Workstation)?
You can open the cards file with notepad and do what you want, other than that, I don't understand what you need.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby misterL » 17 Oct 2010, 17:39

I found a bug: When you put 2 or more tokens at the same time using "Put into play" button or "Multiple Tokens" submenu, you get much more tokens than you need!

And a small suggestion: when you remove an ability/effect from the stack using drag and drop method, the log should always save "Player removes ability/effect from the stack", not "Player puts ability/effect under Sol 2's control", "Player puts ability/effect into graveyard" and similarly.
misterL

Postby Jorbes » 17 Oct 2010, 20:16

misterL wrote:I found a bug: When you put 2 or more tokens at the same time using "Put into play" button or "Multiple Tokens" submenu, you get much more tokens than you need!

And a small suggestion: when you remove an ability/effect from the stack using drag and drop method, the log should always save "Player removes ability/effect from the stack", not "Player puts ability/effect under Sol 2's control", "Player puts ability/effect into graveyard" and similarly.
Cool, will look into it, didn't test that part much tbh.

On a little OPT break now though, will continue after halloween.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Jorbes » 08 Nov 2010, 15:20

Alright, just doing the cleanup of the tables and then it's time to package this thing, the multiple tokens bug is preventing proper play.

Turned out to be quite the large release once again :)
Had to break compatibility because of some new messages to and from the server, so will also package the new server.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Next

Return to Online PlayTable