It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 14:56

Text Size

Drafting & Sealed Generator Problem

Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

Drafting & Sealed Generator Problem

Postby Bog Wraith » 19 Oct 2010, 22:01

My wife & I are running into a consistent problem which is a bit baffling.

For example, when we complete a draft and then save the file, often times when we go to Nate's deck builder or MWS, one of the decks will not open, as they show nothing in MWS & it crashes Nate's app with a huge java error report. Yet the other persons draft file will open with no problem.

We also have tried opening the decks in your deck editor to save it in all modes, then try to open the file(s) in the two programs. This still doesn't solve the problem with the deck that wouldn't open originally.

This will happen back & forth on either computer so it's not coming from one machine. It also doesn't matter which sets of cards we use to draft or generate a sealed deck from.

The same thing will happen with sealed decks. Both of us get our decks but when we try to use NDB or MWS, invariably one of us will not be able to open our decks.

I am including the 2 deck files from our last draft where this happened. They are in OPT's native .dck format. The deck that will not open is called " ZWR_L, the other is the deck that opens without any problems. Maybe it might help you find out where the bug is generated from. It seems to me that it might be a corruption of the data that happens to the deck that becomes unworkable.
I'm also including the java crash report from NDB. I realize that this isn't part of your app and might not help you, but I thought I should give you whatever I could that might lead to an answer.

Right now, this problem is causing most of our drafts & sealed deck generation to fail & thus stopping us from using these great features and limit us to constructed deck play only.

I hope you can help us out Jorbes as we love this part of OPT very much and we're growing very fond of the entire app in general.

I'll have some other requests & observations on the actual game module later on, but this is of paramount importance to us.

Thanks again for a wonderful program. I look forward to it becoming our default MTG client! 8)
Attachments
Crash Report & Deck Files.zip
Crash & Deck Files Report
(4.45 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Re: Drafting & Sealed Generator Problem

Postby Jorbes » 20 Oct 2010, 11:43

Thanks.

My first guess is NDB and MWS cannot handle UTF-8 properly
the crashdeck has

1 [WWK] Æther Tradewinds

The Ae character may be causing problems, could you remove that entry and try opening it then?

I have no problem with opening the deck in OPT's deckbuilder though.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 20 Oct 2010, 16:00

Ok That worked.

I opened the .dck file in NDB and it worked, then I also used Buildmode in OPT deck editor & saved the deck in MWS format.

They both opened with obviously 44 cards, or one less card after the Æther Tradewinds was removed by me in a text editor.
I got the deck back to it's original 45 cards by simply adding the card back in when the deck was opened in NDB or MWS.

So does this mean that whenever this happens, there is a character(s) that either program can't read? Could there be any other reason because since it happened a lot of times with different generated sealed decks & from drafting too, I doubt that every time this happened a card had a similar naming issue.

Whenever this happens again, I will open the file & look to see if I can spot anything that would cause this. Whether this is the cause or not I'll post something about it here.

Thanks again.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Jorbes » 20 Oct 2010, 17:24

Well, there are a lot of cards with "weird" characters.
Check to see if the Aether cards exist in your MWS masterbase with the weird character. If they do not, there's your problem, if they do, mws is unable to deal with it properly.

because NDB is open source, ask in their forum if someone can fix this little issue.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 20 Oct 2010, 20:49

Ha! Snacko can fix anything!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Return to Online PlayTable