It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:21

Text Size

feature request

Moderators: Jorbes, CCGHQ Admins

feature request

Postby pinecones » 13 Jan 2011, 10:55

i had a couple ideas that are unique... figured i'd toss them at you in case you wanted to run with them.

first idea was adding a 3rd card area to the OPT deck file format called "maybeboard" or "workboard" or "scratchboard". it's an area for cards that wont show up in your main deck or sideboard, but may be cards you're considering or don't want to forget about.

the other thing is a game-mode that allows you and other people to connect and modify a deck or a group of decks collectively--searching up and adding cards to the table or decks loaded into the game. i have a couple of friends that i do deck work with online, and right now if we're working on decks together, we have to do a combination of listing decks on websites (like tappedout), link to cards on websites, talk about things in text chats, or constantly sending revisions of decks back and forth. maybe this feature could have an option to auto-dump a deck to the table.

this could also allow for easier facilitation of things like mental magic ( http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Mental_Magic ). it could also just be an easier way to integrate ANY card game instead of just MTG.

anyway, feel free to tell me to shut up. i just get ideas sometimes and figured you might get some use out of them! keep up the good work!
pinecones

Re: feature request

Postby Jorbes » 13 Jan 2011, 12:06

i won't tell you to shut up, but the ideas presented are quite large in development effort. So it won't be untill after 1.0 that I will think about this.

The extra deck section is an idea, but it breaks compatibility with MWS decks, so probably best to wait untill more users wish for this change or when more users have OPT as their default program.

will keep this thread in mind though, ideas are always welcome.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby pinecones » 13 Jan 2011, 17:33

<3

if i think of anything else i'll throw it in here.
pinecones

Postby pinecones » 17 Jan 2011, 07:54

Jorbes wrote:The extra deck section is an idea, but it breaks compatibility with MWS decks, so probably best to wait untill more users wish for this change or when more users have OPT as their default program.
i was talking about adding to the OPT deck file format... so it wouldn't interfere with MWS. and if you wanted to convert to an MWS deck it would just not save the "maybeboard" information. and if you opened an MWS deck and started putting cards in the "maybeboard" section, OPT would ask you upon trying to save whether you wanted to save the file as an OPT deck, otherwise they would lose the cards they stuck in they "maybeboard".

since the "maybeboard" is simply there for the deck maker as reference, it doesn't have to have any interaction with the main OPT program, only the deck editor.

(i'm assuming the deck editor itself is probably not high priority compared to the main program, but i figured i'd just throw out the idea... i wind up churning out lots of deck files without having a convenient way to keep track of potential card options for each one. it is always something i have wanted out of MWS)
pinecones

Postby Jorbes » 18 Jan 2011, 11:45

Ok, I get that.

Most users use Nate's Deck Builder for OPT deck editting.
If I were to implement this, they'd also have to join along else it would break the current "relation" we have now.
But what about having a txt file with the same name as your deck file (just a different extension) and putting the maybe's in there? Workaround for now.
Jorbes
DEVELOPER

Postby pinecones » 19 Jan 2011, 05:34

ahh, i didn't know there was a third party deck editor that used your file format.
pinecones

Return to Online PlayTable