It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:29

Text Size

Bug/issue discussion thread

A version of WOTC's game by telengard

Moderators: telengard, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby telengard » 31 Oct 2009, 21:26

melkor75 wrote:Fixed! Thanks a lot ... now ... another request if possible of course :oops:

Any chance to "set" some parameters within the random script? Eventually, just 1 or 2 colors-only (i mean valor-only or passion+fear for example) ... may be also "set" the possible expansions? (so base set+ Baxar only ... or all, or any other combination).

If it's not too much work :wink:

mm75
Yep, those are good ideas. Now that the script is included I should make it more flexible. For me, I just need random since I am testing all pieces and their interactions. Next release I'll have this in there and also a script to search the piece database (will be useful for creating warbands).

Going to get cranking on the GUI port too. I haven't got the artwork back from the person who offered to help so I'm not going to wait anymore, which means doing it myself (I'm a bad artist). :)

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby melkor75 » 01 Nov 2009, 00:12

Let me know if u need some help with arts ... if it's not complicated i can try to help :)

mm75
melkor75

Re: Latest release info (currently 1.0.22) Released 10/21/09

Postby telengard » 05 Nov 2009, 01:08

melkor75 wrote:I'm just wondering ... not all the pieces are available, is that correct? I noticed right now that anvilborn folder has just a piece.

I noticed that during the game currently u cannot CTR+C the game. U need to finish it,

mm75
This is fixed in 1.0.24. :)

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby brianmathews » 19 Nov 2009, 19:32

hi,discovered the program yesterday while home sick with the flu. got out some of my favorite old minis and played many games against the AI. excellent stuff. can't wait to see the finished project.

i did find some issues with a few of the pieces:

Boogeyman:
Gloom — Move each creature one cell closer to its owner's spawn row. Move the creatures closest to the spawn row first. (You can't break the stacking limit with this ability.)
The gloom ability moved locations as well as creatures in the computer game.

Cyclopean Sprite
B: Whisper Gambit 6 — You may have each opponent advance one turn on the scoring track. If you do, banish enemies of your choice whose total spawn costs add up to 6 or less.
I could only get it to banish 1 creature. When i tried to banish 2 (ex 2 clawclan scouts for a total cost of 6) it would let me select the first and thats it.

Anyway, I hate to point out problems, because overall i am really excited about this game. would have loved to have had it while the game was active too.
Thanks! :mrgreen:
brianmathews

Postby telengard » 19 Nov 2009, 19:59

brianmathews wrote:hi,discovered the program yesterday while home sick with the flu. got out some of my favorite old minis and played many games against the AI. excellent stuff. can't wait to see the finished project.

i did find some issues with a few of the pieces:

Boogeyman:
Gloom — Move each creature one cell closer to its owner's spawn row. Move the creatures closest to the spawn row first. (You can't break the stacking limit with this ability.)
The gloom ability moved locations as well as creatures in the computer game.

Cyclopean Sprite
B: Whisper Gambit 6 — You may have each opponent advance one turn on the scoring track. If you do, banish enemies of your choice whose total spawn costs add up to 6 or less.
I could only get it to banish 1 creature. When i tried to banish 2 (ex 2 clawclan scouts for a total cost of 6) it would let me select the first and thats it.

Anyway, I hate to point out problems, because overall i am really excited about this game. would have loved to have had it while the game was active too.
Thanks! :mrgreen:
Awesome, thanks for the feedback! Don't feel bad about reporting issues at all, I'm very happy to get them as I can make the program better. It's hard to test all of the minis and abilities so any help is greatly appreciated. Yeah, I actually started working on it when the game first came out, but it was a lot more work than I expected. :)

Both of these are now fixed and will be in the next release as well as a new UI. :)

thanks,
~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby melkor75 » 21 Dec 2009, 13:48

I do have currently issues when importing a new warband in a windows game. After I CTRL+N a new game it says "HUNG" forever ...

Moreover i believe some of these pieces could be spelled wrongly (random band):

Pearlthorn Castle
Blind Spikemauler
Immortals Resting Place
Inspired Samurai
Boneblade Serpent
Knight of Tomorrow
Twilight Scout
Eagle Feather Warrior
Skeever Hatchling
Savannah Dreamhunter
Brighthammer Avenger
Deathwish Dragon
Mangler
Candescent Warrior
Malefic Steamroller
Malefic Steamroller

As i got an error while importing the list,

tx,
mm75
melkor75

Postby telengard » 21 Dec 2009, 16:08

melkor75 wrote:I do have currently issues when importing a new warband in a windows game. After I CTRL+N a new game it says "HUNG" forever ...

Moreover i believe some of these pieces could be spelled wrongly (random band):

Pearlthorn Castle
Blind Spikemauler
Immortals Resting Place
Inspired Samurai
Boneblade Serpent
Knight of Tomorrow
Twilight Scout
Eagle Feather Warrior
Skeever Hatchling
Savannah Dreamhunter
Brighthammer Avenger
Deathwish Dragon
Mangler
Candescent Warrior
Malefic Steamroller
Malefic Steamroller

As i got an error while importing the list,

tx,
mm75
Hmm, yep there are 2 spelling issues in that list. Was that created by the random warband script? I would guess it wasn't because if the program pumped out a misspelling it would match its internal name that it gave back. I will double check that though to be sure.

Either way, the spelling changes are:

Eagle Feather Warrior -> Eagle-Feather Warrior
Immortals Resting Place -> Immortals' Resting Place

You can always check the correct spelling (well, the spelling the game expects) by looking at the piece definition under piece/<set>/<piece_name>.dxp.

As for the hang. Sorry about that, I believe I fixed that in this new release I'm working on. I am adding support for the Twilight expansion (60 new pieces) and had to make some extensive plumbing changes so it's been a little longer to get out as I want to at least do some testing to make sure I didn't break everything that was working. :)

thanks for the feedback!
~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby melkor75 » 21 Dec 2009, 19:53

Take your time, don't worry. I hope a new release could be ready during Xmas holidays as i'll have some spare time to use it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mm75
melkor75

Postby melkor75 » 04 Jan 2010, 11:07

Just a quick "ping" Telengard...if u have had the chance to squash the bug in Windows when loading custom parties :wink:

Many thanks, look forward to play DB again with your software,

cheers!
mm75
melkor75

Postby telengard » 04 Jan 2010, 17:56

melkor75 wrote:Just a quick "ping" Telengard...if u have had the chance to squash the bug in Windows when loading custom parties :wink:

Many thanks, look forward to play DB again with your software,

cheers!
mm75
Hiya mm75,

Sorry about the delay. Been dealing with a health issue (vertigo, seems to be clearing up, long story) and was hesitant about doing a release without a lot of testing since I've made a LOT of changes (more than any other release so far). I do hope to have a release out before the 11th of January.

I just tested the latest official release and was able to change warbands (via Ctrl-C) and start a new game (via Ctrl-N). This worked after playing an entire game too. Could you describe what you are doing when this (the hang) happens for you?

Also, in the interim you can launch the Windows GUI version with command line arguments to specify your own warbands.

For example, from a command prompt you could type:

dreamblade-gui.exe -i 4 -g warbands\baxars_toolkit.txt -s warbands\brighthammer_beats.txt

to use those specified warbands for the gold and silver player respectively. The -i 4 sets the Silver player to be the AI player.

You can also just restart the program and before typing Ctrl-N to start just change warbands w/ Ctrl-C.

Could you also verify that upon start up the version you see is "1.0.27"? Also, is it always a particular warband that does this or just specifying any other warband. For example, does this happen when using one of the warbands packaged with the program?

thanks,
~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby melkor75 » 05 Jan 2010, 12:54

First, take care of you :-) DB can come later, don't worry with the release ,-)

1.027 version confirmed.

Some test i did do far: no differences if i run directly from Command Line or the GUI version. I noticed that if i load the same "files" (example, Valor.txt warband for both silver & gold player) it works. As soon as i try to load any different bands it hangs (example, Valor.txt for Silver and Fear.txt for Gold). I also tried with the random bands above and still same "frozen issue".

Again, MANY thanks for your work on this :-)

mm75
melkor75

Postby telengard » 05 Jan 2010, 14:57

melkor75 wrote:First, take care of you :-) DB can come later, don't worry with the release ,-)
Doing much better and have been working again on the program.

melkor75 wrote:1.027 version confirmed.
Excellent, thanks!

melkor75 wrote:Some test i did do far: no differences if i run directly from Command Line or the GUI version. I noticed that if i load the same "files" (example, Valor.txt warband for both silver & gold player) it works. As soon as i try to load any different bands it hangs (example, Valor.txt for Silver and Fear.txt for Gold). I also tried with the random bands above and still same "frozen issue".
Hmmm. I'll have to keep trying stuff since I cannot get it to happen. If you could, next time you get it to hang, before starting the program again, tuck away the log.output file and if you could post what's in there on the forums here that would be great. Might not have any useful info, but it's worth a shot.

melkor75 wrote:Again, MANY thanks for your work on this :-)

mm75
My pleasure, I'm glad you enjoy the program. I'm hoping Scud-O will show back up to the forums so we can get some Twilight proxies going soon! :)

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby melkor75 » 05 Jan 2010, 23:55

Here it is:

Using generated seed 1262735580
No image found for Valkyrie Moonrider, using black image
** Dreamblade ( wxWidgets version "1.0.27" ) started **

Seed: 1262735580
Silver AI: 1
Silver AI style: 4
Gold AI: 0
Gold AI style: 4
Phase depth: 2
Tree depth: 6

Silver warband:
Hog Fairy
Miss Innocence
Asylum Escapee
Steelborn Lion
Valkyrie Moonrider
Steelborn Lion
Doomsinger
Scarab Warcharm
Relentless Eviscerator
Sir Wolven
Carnival Charger
Knight of Strife and Joy
Bonecarved Idol
Dreamstuff Entity
Stag Zealot
Clarion Knight

Gold warband:
Knight of Strife and Joy
Hog Fairy
Sir Wolven
Steelborn Lion
Steelborn Lion
Dreamstuff Entity
Valkyrie Moonrider
Scarab Warcharm
Stag Zealot
Relentless Eviscerator
Bonecarved Idol
Asylum Escapee
Doomsinger
Carnival Charger
Clarion Knight
Miss Innocence

What's strange ... i did choose the SAME band and it loads another one as GOLD. Trying some tests again with command line now ...

mm75

PS: it would be great to have proxies for Twilight Set as well :P :P
melkor75

Postby melkor75 » 06 Jan 2010, 00:00

Anothe log (this time it took the silver (my random) band correctly and the Gold valor.txt band is correct as well.

Using generated seed 1262735801
** Dreamblade ( wxWidgets version "1.0.27" ) started **

Seed: 1262735801
Silver AI: 1
Silver AI style: 4
Gold AI: 0
Gold AI style: 4
Phase depth: 2
Tree depth: 6

Silver warband:
Asylum Escapee
Clarion Knight
Hog Fairy
Miss Innocence
Valkyrie Moonrider
Steelborn Lion
Steelborn Lion
Doomsinger
Scarab Warcharm
Sir Wolven
Relentless Eviscerator
Carnival Charger
Knight of Strife and Joy
Bonecarved Idol
Dreamstuff Entity
Stag Zealot

Gold warband:
Clawclan Scout
Noble Dragon
Valkyrie Moonrider
Pearlthorn Castle
Knight of Strife and Joy
Pearlthorn Castle
Whirlwind Dervish
Eagle-Feather Warrior
Raging Vanguard
Scarab Warcharm
Lunar Handmaiden
Scarab Warcharm
Pearlthorn Gargoyle
Hawk-Eyed Instigator
Clawclan Scout
Twilight Scout

As I can see it reads the files and write the figures differently from time to time (just read at the first SILVER list in both log files ... they have different order). But i guess u know why :P

Thanks again,
mm75
melkor75

Postby telengard » 06 Jan 2010, 01:32

Thanks for all the info. I get the hang with those warbands although what is weird it is *only* with the wxWidgets GUI. The console version loads them fine. VERY weird.

I'll post what I find once I get to the bottom of it.

Thanks again for all the info, much appreciated!

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to Dreamblade