It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:11

Text Size

Bug/issue discussion thread

A version of WOTC's game by telengard

Moderators: telengard, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby melkor75 » 24 Mar 2010, 11:44

Swap ability issue: example i have a piece with swap ability and i roll 2 blades. If i choose to swap with another piece (assuming Cyclopean Sprite) i then CANNOT activate the new piece's blade ability with the remaining blade i have to use,

mm75
melkor75

Postby telengard » 24 Mar 2010, 17:02

melkor75 wrote:An update on Bewitching ... i changed charge to ambush and it works but the game rolls 6 dice :? I saw in the dxp file the amount is set correctly to 5 anyway ...

Again multi-aspect pieces don't work well as i continue experiencing the issues above. Just to double check for you i'm attaching the 2 random warbands i'm testing:

Skull Punk
Cannibal Pariah
Grave Spiker
Sabrefang Warrior
Alluring Succubus
Butcher
Infernal Beauty
Bewitching Assassin
Sun Slayer
Infernal Screamer
Deathwish Dragon
Infernal Bomber
Mr. Fixit
Ekkyon Wayfarer
Deathwind Priest
Serpopard

Madhouse
Acolyte of Pain
Roach Mother
Walking Worms
Jack-in-the-Box
Chain Servant
Triskelion
Yazrael, Dreadfiend
Ropestrung Scarecrow
Buzzkill Clown
Freakazoid
Painsmash
Boogeyman
Aggrocopter
Droning Damselfly
Dreadmorph Ogre

mm75
Excellent, that should help narrow it down. As of this latest release I also log all actions taken. When you see weird behavior, having that file will be a real help (it contains the warbands, options, random seed, and all actions). The file is game.log. If you happen to still have that it would be a HUGE help.

Hmm, I have no idea why 6 dice were rolled, I see no dice boosters like Darkheart Cottage etc... I'll look into that.

thanks,
~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby melkor75 » 25 Mar 2010, 13:14

Nice to know, i don't have that log anymore, but from now on i can post or look into it to understand what's happening ...

mm75
melkor75

Postby Twayblade » 21 May 2010, 06:55

Hi, first I'd like to say thanks for all your hard work, its great to be able to play-test warband ideas against the AI. I just wanted to ask, i have noticed some games iterate the same line of information repeatedly at the side, for example it will say something like "gold rolls initiative 5" but the line repeats 6 times, and every other line of information will repeat 6 times throughout the game? Then some games it won't do this. Not sure if this is a problem or not. I also noticed the chaos well-bred warband only has 15 pieces. Not sure if thats on purpose or not either. Thanks again for your excellent work!
Twayblade

Postby Twayblade » 21 May 2010, 07:02

Oh and one more question if i may.. I downloaded python and am using the random warband script. You had mentioned possibly implementing the capability to specify parameters with this script in a previous comment. Is this possible yet and if so, how? Thanks for any info.
Twayblade

Postby telengard » 21 May 2010, 13:09

Twayblade wrote:Oh and one more question if i may.. I downloaded python and am using the random warband script. You had mentioned possibly implementing the capability to specify parameters with this script in a previous comment. Is this possible yet and if so, how? Thanks for any info.
Hi there,

Thanks for the kind words. In regards to your first post, I too started seeing the multiple event strings w/ the GUI version. That is fixed and will be in the next release which should be soon.

I will verify the Chaos Wellbred warband, seems it is missing 1 piece.

As for the python script I did add the ability to auto-add pieces and also handle stuff like Grand-Hive etc which modify their warband count. I will work on adding the ability to filter by set(s) for the next release.

If you see any other bugs please post 'em here and I'll fix them right off.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Twayblade » 21 May 2010, 18:48

Hey, thanks for responding. I was wondering if there is any more info on how to use any of the features you added to the warband generator.
Twayblade

Postby Twayblade » 21 May 2010, 22:03

I also just noticed in a game that lunar handmaidens advance ability activated when the piece was not in a scoring cell. Then I noticed that the stats on lunar handmaidens figure in-game don't account for a scoring cell to be required for advance as on the actual mini.
Twayblade

Postby telengard » 22 May 2010, 00:06

Twayblade wrote:I also just noticed in a game that lunar handmaidens advance ability activated when the piece was not in a scoring cell. Then I noticed that the stats on lunar handmaidens figure in-game don't account for a scoring cell to be required for advance as on the actual mini.
Nice catch! That is fixed. I've placed it here since it does not require a code change to the engine.

http://home.comcast.net/~bsturk/dreamblade/lunar_handmaiden.dxp

Just drop it in pieces/core. For some reason the extension "dxp" is blocked by the forum software so I couldn't attach it. Also, you can always activate these types of abilities, they just won't resolve if that condition isn't met. You should see a message in the output window that says something like "Lunar Handmaiden's Advance ability was activated but did not resolve".

Also, those changes I mentioned to the random warband script haven't been released yet..... but those too don't require a change and should work with the currently released version, plus I ended up adding your requested feature and a few more (you can now filter by set(s), aspect, and lineage).

I'm going to start another thread on that though since a few others had asked to be able to limit the warbands created by set, etc. I'll describe how to modify it etc too in that thread.

Thanks for the bug reports!

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 22 May 2010, 00:43

You may now upload dxp files. 8)
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby telengard » 22 May 2010, 02:43

Huggybaby wrote:You may now upload dxp files. 8)
Thank you sir! :)

~telengard
Attachments
lunar_handmaiden.dxp
(1.74 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Twayblade » 22 May 2010, 02:47

Wow, you are the man. In case it matters the lunar glitch was on ai's turn, not mine. Applied the fix, thanks!
Twayblade

Postby Twayblade » 22 May 2010, 06:38

I have noticed that the ai doesn't opt to kill my pieces seemingly ever, even when I changed the depth to 3. It would be cool if the ai did kill off some pieces once in a while, would add a little spice. I kill off almost all the ai's pieces and he's not liking it. Guessing theres a way to adjust this, ho-dee-hum-dee-ho-hum... I don't know who might clarify this though. ;) Is ai depth capped at 3?
Twayblade

Postby telengard » 22 May 2010, 14:20

Twayblade wrote:I have noticed that the ai doesn't opt to kill my pieces seemingly ever, even when I changed the depth to 3. It would be cool if the ai did kill off some pieces once in a while, would add a little spice. I kill off almost all the ai's pieces and he's not liking it. Guessing theres a way to adjust this, ho-dee-hum-dee-ho-hum... I don't know who might clarify this though. ;) Is ai depth capped at 3?
Hmm, the default tree depth should be 6. The phase depth should be 2 by default. The AI isn't greedy by nature so if it is up on conquest points, most likely it will disrupt (although there are scenarios where it still will destroy, i.e. it seems it may need to have some conquest point cushion). Those 2 bonus spawn points for you when the AI destroys are a big deal. :)

I'll keep an eye on it though.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Twayblade » 22 May 2010, 19:19

The phase depth determines aggression though right? Is that capped at 3?
Twayblade

PreviousNext

Return to Dreamblade