Text Size

Bug/issue discussion thread

A version of WOTC's game by telengard

Moderators: telengard, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby telengard » 12 Sep 2011, 03:16

Phygerator wrote:
telengard wrote:
Cool, I'm glad the AI was using it. Was it spawning it in an advantageous cells and using it on 3/2/B? The one I've seen the AI use to great effect is Bloodtusk Throne.
yes - it seemed to be in good, scoring positions. The rerolls did seem to work against me, so I think it was using them correctly.
Good to hear. Depending on the potential outcome I've sometimes seen the AI choose a bad die to re-roll. Re-rolling it wouldn't have changed much short term so it's not a big deal. But w/ some combo heavy or combat movement abilities it could be important (i.e. charge, expel, etc).

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby telengard » 13 Sep 2011, 02:24

So I made some updates to the minmax eval function which I think will help with the HK issue. I had these features enabled in the past but through profiling I found them to be expensive. I plan on tweaking them to make them less of a performance hit.

I'll be trying to repro the other issues you mentioned (spawn column and damage clearing). I see nothing in the code that would cause either of these issues but I need to test it out in a game.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Phygerator » 27 Sep 2011, 23:23

Any luck in working through the synergy abilities?
Phygerator

Postby telengard » 28 Sep 2011, 02:58

Phygerator wrote:Any luck in working through the synergy abilities?
Yup, they are all fixed. From the ChangeLog:

* Fixed Synergy X (Location Synergy, Monstrous Synergy, Bloodcut Synergy, and Swarm Synergy).
* Fixed Synergy Conquest ability. This is an always on static ability
not just when the owning piece is in play. This broke as a result
of the optimization made for static abilities in 1.0.43. The synergy
abilities need to be enabled even when the owning piece is not in play.

I plan on doing a release this weekend. I was waiting to get more play time against the updated AI code.

Any new issues/bugs cropping up for you?

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby telengard » 01 Oct 2011, 22:17

Phygerator wrote:Any luck in working through the synergy abilities?
New release is up. Do let me know if those abilities still have issues for you.

thanks,
~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby telengard » 13 Oct 2011, 22:26

Phygerator wrote:Probably just overlooking rules....human error. I think the spinner's madness aspect must not have been paid, now that I think about it. One question regarding locations: I don't think the AI has placed a single one yet over all the games I have played. Is there a tactical decision for this, or is it a bug?
Spent a good chunk of time looking into this last night and.................

This is fixed! There was a logic bug where the AI would not consider spawning locations unless they had a scoring cell condition. This logic was added to keep the AI from spawning a location where it would be useless, but it broke the other locations.

Will be in the next release. It may need some tweaking but the spawning now works. :)

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Phygerator » 18 Oct 2011, 01:29

Thats awesome!!! I didn't think I was crazy!

BTW - I think I might have found a bug. Let me describe the situation. I have a gun behemoth in the centre cell the location darkheart cottage. One cell away, in the one in the back row behind it, is the Twin Skull Archway. Gun Behemoth gets his warpstrike 7 off and does something like 10 damage. In my mind, 20 damage should be assigned, but it only assigns 10. Is this a bug, or am I interpreting the interplay of abilities incorrectly?
Phygerator

Postby telengard » 18 Oct 2011, 02:03

Phygerator wrote:Thats awesome!!! I didn't think I was crazy!
Hehe, nope you are not. Nice catch on the bug too. I play so many (and watch hundreds more) games I sometimes don't notice obvious stuff like that.
It explains why I saw Bloodtusk Throne spawned too.

Phygerator wrote:BTW - I think I might have found a bug. Let me describe the situation. I have a gun behemoth in the centre cell the location darkheart cottage. One cell away, in the one in the back row behind it, is the Twin Skull Archway. Gun Behemoth gets his warpstrike 7 off and does something like 10 damage. In my mind, 20 damage should be assigned, but it only assigns 10. Is this a bug, or am I interpreting the interplay of abilities incorrectly?
Nope, you aren't interpreting it wrong, that sure seems like a bug to me. The 10 damage from the Warpstrike 7 should have been doubled to 20 damage. I'm going to double check the rules, but the gun behemoth is a blade ability and that is doing damage. Did the Darkheart Cottage bump up the power of the attack at all?

Checked the FAQ: "Twin-Skull Archway's ability modifies any blade ability that adds or deals damage during combat. Some examples of blade abilities that are modified by Twin-Skull Archway are Crit, Bomb, Mass Wound, and Warpstrike."

I'll fix this one, should be straightforward. If you happen to have a log that would be cool too. It's possible some other mini interacted with it somehow.
How many cells away was the target of the Warpstrike? I bet that has something to do with it. i.e. Twin-Skull's ability is looking at the cell where the Warpstrike targeted not where it originated. I'll report back my findings, thanks for the report!

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Phygerator » 22 Oct 2011, 04:31

No, I no longer have the game log, but I have a similar one here.

This time, I was firing off crits galore, and the TWA didn't make a lick of difference.

Hope this helps!
Attachments
game.log
Twin Skull Not Working?
(153.26 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
Phygerator

Postby telengard » 22 Oct 2011, 16:39

Phygerator wrote:No, I no longer have the game log, but I have a similar one here.

This time, I was firing off crits galore, and the TWA didn't make a lick of difference.

Hope this helps!
It does help, thanks! The bug is fixed and will be in the next release. I need to test out that all types of abilities that would be affected work. I've tested special attacks and damage boosters like Crit, need to test damage dealers etc.

thanks for the report and log! New release is shaping up real nice. Lots of fixes. :)

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Phygerator » 22 Oct 2011, 19:40

Sounds great. I am looking forward to it!

A request - when you go into the window where you change settings, could you put in a toggle to choose tournament spawn rules or not? ie. consecutive "no-spawn" turns are allowed right now as a default. I would like to turn that default off. I read somewhere that I can go into the programming language somewhere and that it is an easy switch ... just not something I am really comfortable doing. So, not a glitch, but kind of a request - if it is an easy change to make....
Phygerator

Postby telengard » 22 Oct 2011, 20:20

Phygerator wrote:Sounds great. I am looking forward to it!

A request - when you go into the window where you change settings, could you put in a toggle to choose tournament spawn rules or not? ie. consecutive "no-spawn" turns are allowed right now as a default. I would like to turn that default off. I read somewhere that I can go into the programming language somewhere and that it is an easy switch ... just not something I am really comfortable doing. So, not a glitch, but kind of a request - if it is an easy change to make....
Hmm, that's strange. The default should be tournament initiative. What platform are you on (windows, mac, linux)?
I'll test that out.

I will add that as an option in that dialog also, that is a good idea!

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Phygerator » 22 Oct 2011, 20:26

Running Mac.
Phygerator

Postby Phygerator » 27 Oct 2011, 03:11

Masquerade Man has a conquest synergy that does not seem to work.
Phygerator

Postby telengard » 27 Oct 2011, 03:41

Phygerator wrote:Masquerade Man has a conquest synergy that does not seem to work.
Ok, I'll check that one out, thanks.
So far I've been unable to repro the non tournament initiative issue. :(

I did implement the checkbox to toggle it in the game settings dialog though.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to Dreamblade