It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:58

Text Size

Bug/issue discussion thread

A version of WOTC's game by telengard

Moderators: telengard, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby Phygerator » 17 Aug 2011, 17:57

I found another small-ish glitch while playing bloodcut. First, the synergy ability of the steelborn lioness doesn't seem to be functioning. I think that you mentioned earlier that this was a problem for all the synergy abilities and that you were already aware of them. Also, the stormrider shaman's "Energize bloodcut" ability seems to work (it gives spawn points), but when you try and use them for spawning a bloodcut miniature, it doen't allow for it.
Phygerator

Postby telengard » 18 Aug 2011, 04:10

Phygerator wrote:I found another small-ish glitch while playing bloodcut. First, the synergy ability of the steelborn lioness doesn't seem to be functioning. I think that you mentioned earlier that this was a problem for all the synergy abilities and that you were already aware of them. Also, the stormrider shaman's "Energize bloodcut" ability seems to work (it gives spawn points), but when you try and use them for spawning a bloodcut miniature, it doen't allow for it.
Yup, that's a bug. The spawn point conditions were being applied to Hellbred instead of Bloodcut. :oops:

Updated definition file is here:
http://home.comcast.net/~bsturk/dreamblade/stormrider_shaman.dxp

And yes, all the of the Synergy abilities had a bug but unfortunately that needed a code change so it will be in the next release.

Thanks again for these bug report!

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Phygerator » 18 Aug 2011, 05:17

Another one? :)

The infernal shrieker's offering boon does not seem to give him the extra power when a creature is sacrificed.

On another note - I have been throughly enjoying playing through a huge variety of warbands over the last few days. I am so impressed by the fact that you have obviously put so much work into this. I have been telling my old dreamblade friends about this program in the hopes it sparks some new interest.

Thank YOU!!
Phygerator

Postby Phygerator » 18 Aug 2011, 15:38

The Shard Troll seems to have an issue with his assault ability. You are able to pay spawn to purchase the ability, but when it comes time to roll the assault dice, it rolls 0 dice instead of the number of spawn that you pay.
Phygerator

Postby telengard » 18 Aug 2011, 17:23

Phygerator wrote:The Shard Troll seems to have an issue with his assault ability. You are able to pay spawn to purchase the ability, but when it comes time to roll the assault dice, it rolls 0 dice instead of the number of spawn that you pay.
Fixed! Updated XML def is here:

http://home.comcast.net/~bsturk/dreamblade/shard_troll.dxp

I'll work on the Offering Boon next.

Keep 'em coming! :)

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby telengard » 18 Aug 2011, 17:24

Phygerator wrote:Another one? :)

The infernal shrieker's offering boon does not seem to give him the extra power when a creature is sacrificed.

On another note - I have been throughly enjoying playing through a huge variety of warbands over the last few days. I am so impressed by the fact that you have obviously put so much work into this. I have been telling my old dreamblade friends about this program in the hopes it sparks some new interest.

Thank YOU!!
I'm glad you are enjoying it, and yes, it has been a lot of (enjoyable and challenging) work. I really appreciate folks playing it and giving feedback. That to me is pure gold and makes it worth all the work!

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Phygerator » 18 Aug 2011, 21:58

Saberfang Warrior - He has an assault ability during the spawn phase. When I activate it, he disrupts himself. No dice are thrown.
Phygerator

Postby telengard » 18 Aug 2011, 22:15

Phygerator wrote:Another one? :)

Thank YOU!!
Fixed, updated Infernal Shrieker xml def here:

http://home.comcast.net/~bsturk/dreamblade/infernal_shrieker.dxp

Was only applying when it was the piece itself not pieces controlled by its controller (was missing a creature check too).

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby telengard » 18 Aug 2011, 22:19

Phygerator wrote:Saberfang Warrior - He has an assault ability during the spawn phase. When I activate it, he disrupts himself. No dice are thrown.
Did you happen to tuck away the game.log file for this one? I can't seem to reproduce it. I was able to do a 4 power attack during the spawn phase. My guess is that some other piece in the cell made this happen. Maybe just having the war band will be good enough.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Phygerator » 19 Aug 2011, 16:46

I will try and reproduce and I will let you know. How do I find the game.log file?
Phygerator

Postby telengard » 19 Aug 2011, 16:53

Phygerator wrote:I will try and reproduce and I will let you know. How do I find the game.log file?
After a game ends, there will be a file called "game.log" inside of the bundle (for OS X), I believe it is under Contents/Resources.

thanks
~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Phygerator » 20 Aug 2011, 14:42

O.k. - so I am going to try and post a game log where there were multiple issues.
First, the Chrysalis Spinner doesn't seem to be affected by Queen Chrysota's Hiveling discount when spawning. Maybe the spinner isn't showing as a hiveling?
Second, the nest eggs. When you use them, they tend to end your spawn phase when you have spawn left to spend. Second, you seem to have to cycle through their abilities regardless of whether they are in the graveyard, the reserves or in play. Not awful to deal with, but certainly annoying.
Phygerator

Postby telengard » 20 Aug 2011, 19:55

Phygerator wrote:O.k. - so I am going to try and post a game log where there were multiple issues.
First, the Chrysalis Spinner doesn't seem to be affected by Queen Chrysota's Hiveling discount when spawning. Maybe the spinner isn't showing as a hiveling?
Second, the nest eggs. When you use them, they tend to end your spawn phase when you have spawn left to spend. Second, you seem to have to cycle through their abilities regardless of whether they are in the graveyard, the reserves or in play. Not awful to deal with, but certainly annoying.
Hmm, I wasn't able to reproduce either of the Nest Egg bugs. I had one in my graveyard and a few Hivelings in my reserves and Queen Chrysota in C3, didn't see any options to use the Nest Egg's abilities. Also, I was able to spawn it for 0 cost w/ the Queen in play using its Reinforce Hiveling and still had my original # of spawn points left for use. The game.log would help with tracking these down as it would have all the info I need to repro it (hopefully).

While testing I did find a different issue w/ the Nest Egg in that it was triggering (and not resolving) on itself when spawned. Added an extra condition to avoid that un-necessary triggering for that piece and Tattooed Squashbug. It was also triggering (and not resolving) when the Nest Egg was in the the graveyard. This bug is also fixed. The ability should only actually *trigger* when in play.

Couldn't duplicate the Chrysalis Spinner issue either. Normal cost w/ no aspect contribution (which I didn't have) is 9 spawn points (8 + M). I had 10 total and after spawning w/ the Queen in play I still had 2 left (so it only cost 8 total for a savings of 1). I did check and the Spinner is marked as a Hiveling.

No doubt there could be issues with these abilities, my guess is maybe some other ability is incorrectly interacting with them causing the issue, that is usually the case I've found.

thanks again for the reports, you are trying out a lot of different pieces/combos which is awesome!
~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Phygerator » 25 Aug 2011, 22:28

Probably just overlooking rules....human error. I think the spinner's madness aspect must not have been paid, now that I think about it. One question regarding locations: I don't think the AI has placed a single one yet over all the games I have played. Is there a tactical decision for this, or is it a bug?
Phygerator

Postby telengard » 26 Aug 2011, 02:46

Phygerator wrote:Probably just overlooking rules....human error. I think the spinner's madness aspect must not have been paid, now that I think about it.
Possibly, yep. Although some of your descriptions sound like true bugs (like seeing actions for pieces etc).

Phygerator wrote:One question regarding locations: I don't think the AI has placed a single one yet over all the games I have played. Is there a tactical decision for this, or is it a bug?
Hmm, that's surprising, I see it, especially with pieces like Bloodtusk Throne. The AI will not spawn a location that has a scoring cell as part of its ability in a non-scoring cell. That's about the extent of the special casing w/ locations.

I'd try cranking up the tree depth to 8 or 9. Might help a bit. The big issue w/ locations is they are more of a strategic play then a tactical play. The type of AI (minmax) can only see so far ahead. Also, locations can't claim cells and a big part of the evaluation function for the AI is conquest and victory points (and other stuff).

Which locations have you played against?

BTW I'll be doing a release this weekend with all the bugs you found fixed (and lots of other stuff). Thanks for your contributions! :)

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to Dreamblade