It is currently 21 Mar 2019, 20:07
   
Text Size

Bug/issue discussion thread

A version of WOTC's game by telengard

Moderators: telengard, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby telengard » 22 Dec 2011, 04:43

Phygerator wrote:I thought I uploaded the right one.....Isn't there only ever one? Interestingly though, I am now seeing that not a single crit ability is working for ANY figure.... Maybe I have a specific bug somehow?
There is only one but it is overwritten when starting the app to keep it from getting too big.

I'll run crit through its paces, Something sounds broken...

thanks for the info,
telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
User avatar
telengard
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 23 May 2009, 23:04
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby telengard » 24 Dec 2011, 19:51

telengard wrote:
Phygerator wrote:I thought I uploaded the right one.....Isn't there only ever one? Interestingly though, I am now seeing that not a single crit ability is working for ANY figure.... Maybe I have a specific bug somehow?
There is only one but it is overwritten when starting the app to keep it from getting too big.

I'll run crit through its paces, Something sounds broken...

thanks for the info,
telengard
Spent some time testing Crit today using Axemorph Demon (and Grave Crit using The Sweeper). They seem to be working for me, *BUT* I made a related fix for Skin Sculptor not too long ago which hasn't been released yet so it's possible this fixed it. I'll try and put out a release before new years. :)

In the meantime if you do hit it again, you can post the log and I can verify that it's not broken in some different way?

thanks!
~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
User avatar
telengard
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 23 May 2009, 23:04
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby Phygerator » 05 Feb 2012, 17:08

Sorry it has been so long. Life happens!

Anyway, here is a gamelog where I managed to crit two or three times with Queen Raven and no crit registered. This, in turn, didn't get doubled by the twin-skull archway.

In addition, the soul mine only registered extra spawn for the owner. It is supposed to affect both equally.
Attachments
game copy.log
Broken Crit ability?
(105.05 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Phygerator
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 15:58
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby telengard » 05 Feb 2012, 23:00

Phygerator wrote:Sorry it has been so long. Life happens!

Anyway, here is a gamelog where I managed to crit two or three times with Queen Raven and no crit registered. This, in turn, didn't get doubled by the twin-skull archway.

In addition, the soul mine only registered extra spawn for the owner. It is supposed to affect both equally.
Cool thanks for the report,

I need to get this new release out (waiting for the contest to end) which has a LOT of fixed, but I will ensure these issues are addressed. I know I fixed the Soul Mine triggering both spawn phases and awarding to the owning player, sounds like it isn't working 100%.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
User avatar
telengard
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 23 May 2009, 23:04
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby telengard » 06 Feb 2012, 17:58

Just a little update, haven't fixed the 2 issues mentioned *yet*, however I did find an issue by looking at your log w/ Infernal Shrieker. It was triggering when not in play. I can post the updated .dxp file if it was affecting your gameplay (I doubt it was). I'll report back later with my findings on Crit and Soul Mine.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
User avatar
telengard
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 23 May 2009, 23:04
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby telengard » 07 Feb 2012, 04:00

I haven't been able to reproduce the Crit issue or the Soul Mine issue w/ my current build (which has a metric ton of fixes). I've placed a test build online, I'm hoping that you can verify the issue isn't present w/ this latest build.

I was testing using the 2 war bands that were in your log and activating Queen Raven's Appease & Crit 8. This should also work w/ the Twin-Skull Archway.

The download is here:

http://home.comcast.net/~bsturk/dreambl ... est.tar.gz

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
User avatar
telengard
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 23 May 2009, 23:04
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby Phygerator » 22 Feb 2012, 23:24

Wow! Worked like a charm! But something strange seems to be happening regarding options for spawning. I expect to be able to spawn in the spawn row behind some of my miniatures, but I wasn't allowed to. Strange.

But Crit, Twin Skull, etc working MUCH better!
Attachments
game.log
Spawn row problems?
(155.67 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Phygerator
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 15:58
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby telengard » 23 Feb 2012, 03:26

Phygerator wrote:Wow! Worked like a charm! But something strange seems to be happening regarding options for spawning. I expect to be able to spawn in the spawn row behind some of my miniatures, but I wasn't allowed to. Strange.

But Crit, Twin Skull, etc working MUCH better!
Glad to hear it is working.

As for not being able to spawn in spawn row. I've seen this once, and it was when playing a warband with Little Bed or Horrors which it seems was being used in your game too. Do you recall if that piece was in the cell you were trying to spawn to, but couldn't.

I will check out the log tomorrow, thanks for the report! I had just finished spinning the release but I think I'll wait until this issue is fixed. :)

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
User avatar
telengard
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 23 May 2009, 23:04
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby Phygerator » 23 Feb 2012, 22:35

An idea to check for - is it somehow mixing up "miniature owned" and "aspect owned"?
Phygerator
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 14 Aug 2011, 15:58
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby telengard » 23 Feb 2012, 22:49

Phygerator wrote:An idea to check for - is it somehow mixing up "miniature owned" and "aspect owned"?
Hmm, possibly. I did fix an issue not too long ago with this, so it must be something different. The log you posted had 2 games in it, do you recall which one had the spawning issue (and possibly what mini couldn't be spawned)? If not I can play through both games and watch what is given for options.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
User avatar
telengard
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 23 May 2009, 23:04
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread - Booster Generator

Postby rogenjemi » 15 Jun 2012, 16:12

To telengard,

First, thanks for this excellent, free to use program of a great game that deserved a much better fate than it received.

Second, I am writing because I have discovered an issue with the warband editing program. I am running the Mac OS X program on an intel iMac with 10.6.8 OS, last updated 11 JUN '12.

For whatever reason, when I used the GUI on the Warband editor, it never selected any pieces from the not-released Serrated Dawn set. To confirm the issue, I went under "Sealed Settings", unselected all sets except "Serrated Dawn", and the program crashed upon asking it to generate a booster. (Finder confirmed program was 'not responding' - used Finder to Force-Quit application).

Lastly, have you given any though to allowing this program to run in a web-accessable format (Applet, etc.)? The AI program is excellent, but if I could have a non-local human opponent, I would be running this app 10 hours a day.

Thanks in Advance for Your Time and Attention,
-rogenjemi
rogenjemi
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 15 Jun 2012, 15:49
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread - Booster Generator

Postby telengard » 16 Jun 2012, 02:50

Hi and welcome!

rogenjemi wrote:To telengard,

First, thanks for this excellent, free to use program of a great game that deserved a much better fate than it received.
Thanks! And yes, I wish the game were still around. Luckily we have a bunch of dedicated fans who are keeping it alive.

rogenjemi wrote: Second, I am writing because I have discovered an issue with the warband editing program. I am running the Mac OS X program on an intel iMac with 10.6.8 OS, last updated 11 JUN '12.

For whatever reason, when I used the GUI on the Warband editor, it never selected any pieces from the not-released Serrated Dawn set. To confirm the issue, I went under "Sealed Settings", unselected all sets except "Serrated Dawn", and the program crashed upon asking it to generate a booster. (Finder confirmed program was 'not responding' - used Finder to Force-Quit application).

Lastly, have you given any though to allowing this program to run in a web-accessable format (Applet, etc.)? The AI program is excellent, but if I could have a non-local human opponent, I would be running this app 10 hours a day.

Thanks in Advance for Your Time and Attention,
-rogenjemi
I did fix the issue w/ Serrated Dawn and sealed generation tonight, it will be in the next release. Thanks for the report!

As for web accessible. There is a console version of the program which you could play over telnet/ssh. The program is written using C++ so it would be tough to put in a browser unfortunately, performance would suffer also in a browser due to the AI and engine being very highly optimized for speed. I have been toying with the idea of being able to run the GUI on one computer and the engine on another though. Not sure if that would work in your situation.

thanks for the feedback and bug report!
~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
User avatar
telengard
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 23 May 2009, 23:04
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby PantsMasterson » 02 Nov 2012, 12:19

Sweet lord, this is magnificent.

I just have one tiny pony request: the logbar on the right side cuts off after about 20 characters, and the messages are often much longer than that. Any way to institute word wrap? Even if I maximize the screen, it just enlarges everything and I still can't see a lot of important information being posted on the right.
PantsMasterson
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 24 Oct 2012, 16:43
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby telengard » 02 Nov 2012, 15:04

PantsMasterson wrote:Sweet lord, this is magnificent.

I just have one tiny pony request: the logbar on the right side cuts off after about 20 characters, and the messages are often much longer than that. Any way to institute word wrap? Even if I maximize the screen, it just enlarges everything and I still can't see a lot of important information being posted on the right.
Hi there!

Are you on the Mac? Unfortunately, there is a bug in the widget toolkit I'm using doesn't seem to support a horizontal scrollbar. I will check to see if this has been fixed. Also, for the log messages, word wrap is a good idea for an option.

It's the actions area that drives me nuts... I'm a Mac user also, and it's quite annoying. :(
I have to make the window super huge just to see some of the text if the action has a lot of text (like resolving certain abilities).

I'll make it a priority to make this better for the next release (which I hope to be very soon!)

thanks for the feedback,
~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
User avatar
telengard
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 23 May 2009, 23:04
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Bug/issue discussion thread

Postby telengard » 05 Nov 2012, 02:39

Happy to say this is now fixed. Both the actions area and the messages (events) area both now have working horizontal scrollbars when the output is wider than the viewable area. Huzzah!

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
User avatar
telengard
DEVELOPER
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 23 May 2009, 23:04
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

PreviousNext

Return to Dreamblade

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 279 on 11 Jul 2013, 22:03

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login Form