It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:24

Text Size

Any requests?

A version of WOTC's game by telengard

Moderators: telengard, CCGHQ Admins

Any requests?

Postby telengard » 19 Oct 2018, 15:57

I'm still running automation tests and occasionally this finds an issue w/ the engine (found one today which I will address involving resolving multiple replacement effects where the one "fizzles").

Just wondering if people are still playing this, and if so, what would they like to see. I can add more customs, maybe beef up the UI a bit, try and tweak the AI to play better/be faster.

Looking for ideas, any welcomed!

Also, as always, if you find a bug please let me know. Most of the bugs that will be found now will be only found by someone noticing a gameplay or ability flaw. I can only do so much with automation testing. Testing can go for a week straight playing games (about 1 every 5 seconds) and not have one assertion or crash, but this is based on the implemented logic, not correctness of the rules implementation, that needs a human. :)

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
telengard
DEVELOPER

Re: Any requests?

Postby Anborn » 08 Jan 2019, 03:41

i still fire this thing up about once a month, thrash the AI for a couple of games and then put it away until i need my DB fix again.

Any tips on settings for the most competent AI?
Anborn

Re: Any requests?

Postby telengard » 08 Jan 2019, 04:14

Anborn wrote:i still fire this thing up about once a month, thrash the AI for a couple of games and then put it away until i need my DB fix again.

Any tips on settings for the most competent AI?
Glad to hear you still play it!

Hmm, have you tried bumping up the depth to 9 or 10 etc, or tried the other algorithms besides Mimimax. Also, if your processor supports more than one thread, I would up that by a few, that will speed up the AI and allow the depth to go up without having to wait a long time for the AI to finish "thinking".

I also try to handicap myself a bit by playing random warbands against good known bands for the AI.

The next version will have some performance improvements hopefully which will allow more room for the AI to look a little further ahead. Hope to that version out soon.
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
telengard
DEVELOPER

Return to Dreamblade