It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 12:00

Text Size

Version (1.0.31) released, bug fixes, AI tweaks, GUI fixes

A version of WOTC's game by telengard

Moderators: telengard, CCGHQ Admins

Version (1.0.31) released, bug fixes, AI tweaks, GUI fixes

Postby telengard » 07 Mar 2010, 03:20

Another release is out and this one has a good batch of bug fixes thanks to Tarigg and others on the forums. Thanks everyone! (PS anyone who has submitted a bug has been added to the doc/THANKS file).

This is the first release (I think ever) where all 3 platforms are being released at the same time and include both the console version and GUI.

Some highlights for this release:

OS X 10.5 support (untested since I do not have Leopard but I'd like to hear some feedback if it works/does not work for you). I am currently looking for a way to handle no horizontal scrollbars on the Mac version (see http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/11321#comment:1).

Some optimizations for the AI and a few changes which I'm trying out to improve the AI during the spawn phase. I'd love to hear some feedback on this too. For instance, does the AI pass on spawning anything less often than before, etc. If the AI is behaving better I know how to do the "final" fix for this which should still allow it to play better looking ahead past the spawn phase while *in* the spawn phase.

The wx GUI also has a bunch of bug fixes including a fix for the disappearing pieces after playing more than 1 game. In addition, all actions taken by players are now logged to the game.log file so I can look at AI issues etc when players send me the logs.

Also, a *lot* of abilities have been fixed. :)

Let me know how it works for you. Enjoy!

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
telengard
DEVELOPER

Re: Version (1.0.31) released, bug fixes, AI tweaks, GUI fix

Postby tharkad » 30 Mar 2010, 06:01

I was very happy to see the Mac version of the GUI. Unfortunately I'm having trouble reading the text on the piece base view. I really don't have any of the pieces memorized so I'm constantly referring to this. Here is a link to a screen shot. Can you talk a look and see if maybe there is something in my setup I can change.

Thanks.

-mh

tharkad

Re: Version (1.0.31) released, bug fixes, AI tweaks, GUI fix

Postby telengard » 30 Mar 2010, 22:39

tharkad wrote:I was very happy to see the Mac version of the GUI. Unfortunately I'm having trouble reading the text on the piece base view. I really don't have any of the pieces memorized so I'm constantly referring to this. Here is a link to a screen shot. Can you talk a look and see if maybe there is something in my setup I can change.

Thanks.

-mh
Hi there,

Thanks for trying out the program. It looks like the font I'm using on the Mac doesn't display well for you. I plan on adding support for changing fonts in the next release so that should help (somewhat). Do you have the window maximized? Everything scales with the size of the window so the font (should) get bigger if you make the window larger.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
telengard
DEVELOPER

Return to Dreamblade