Text Size

Excellent program

A version of WOTC's game by telengard

Moderators: telengard, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Excellent program

Postby telengard » 26 Mar 2010, 00:28

enriquefam wrote:Hi,

Two things ....

1) I keep trying and what I feel, I suppose you, too, is that if we increase the number of tree or phase (of course to see if you can explain that to me is which), the AI takes a lot, I guess depending on the speed of microprocessor. Maybe a possible solution to this would be an order to force the AI to move.
Hi again, yep if set too high it can take a LONG time for the AI to make a move when given a lot of choices (like choosing what to shift with a lot of unengaged creatures). Having a time limit might be a good idea.
As for tree/phase depth, the difference is that the phase depth is the maximum # of phases the AI will look ahead, the tree depth is how many moves. Which ever is hit first stops the AI.

enriquefam wrote:When I do play a game on a Netbook (1.6 GHz) and the amount the board and the figures on a table, each time the AI moves, I move the pieces and each time I move I tell AI. Sometimes I had to turn off by bored of waiting ......
This is how I play too. :)

The defaults for depths shouldn't be too bad on a 1.6Ghz, but I haven't tried it. At some point I'll be adding some things to speed it up like background thinking and multi-core support.

enriquefam wrote:2) Is there a way to view the text of the figures?, My problem is that the Netbook, the screen being so small, there are times I can not read the text.
He played with the desktop but I do not work with XP ......

greetings
enriquefam
When you click on a mini it will show the top stats. If you double click the mini on the board or the zoomed mini (or press ctrl-b) it will toggle to show the bottom stats.

For more board "real estate" you can also toggle the side panel (ctrl-h), and both reserve areas (ctrl-s and ctrl-g). When the board is bigger you can see the text on the pieces better.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
telengard
DEVELOPER

Previous

Return to Dreamblade