It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:48

Text Size

Version (1.0.33) released, multicore, Twilight, tons more

A version of WOTC's game by telengard

Moderators: telengard, CCGHQ Admins

Version (1.0.33) released, multicore, Twilight, tons more

Postby telengard » 29 May 2010, 17:18

I've just put up version 1.0.33. I decided to do a release since a lot of bugs were fixed and there are some nice new features. Among them:

- Multicore support. Set it in the GUI or on the command line. Ideally the number should be the number of processors you have. 0 means no extra threads, 1 is mostly for my testing.
- Tournament initiative is now the default.
- Lots of fixes: Protect, some of the Gambits, Lunar Handmaiden's Advance, Edged Fortune, Awaken, Loner, Ponderous, Bloodthirsty, Eternity, Ambush, and many more.
- The random warband generator now supports filtering by set, lineage, and/or aspect.
- The GUI redraws are now much faster due to some optimizing of rendering the scaled pieces/fonts.
- A few new pieces from the Twilight expansion.

The full list of changes can be viewed here: http://home.comcast.net/~bsturk/dreamblade/CHANGELOG

Multi-core works well, but its performance is yet to be determined. I am looking for feedback from people with 16, 8, or 4 core systems. I only have a 2 processor box to test with. At some point I will be looking into a multicore friendly memory allocator as that was the big bottleneck last time I toyed with multicore support.

As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated!
~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
telengard
DEVELOPER

Re: Version (1.0.33) released, multicore, Twilight, tons mor

Postby Huggybaby » 02 Jun 2010, 23:40

Nice, it's good to see multicore support. Thanks Telengard.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Return to Dreamblade