It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 04:02

Text Size

Feature requests

A version of WOTC's game by telengard

Moderators: telengard, CCGHQ Admins

Feature requests

Postby telengard » 02 Oct 2010, 17:01

So I've pretty much run out of things to do (for now) with the engine proper so I should probably get cracking on feature requests (which are mostly UI changes). Here's what I have so far. Any preference on what to work on first?

- Mini viewer (ala Dreamcatcher)
- Warband creator (also maybe an integrated sealed generator)
- Ability to shift/spawn via drag n drop
- More game "stats" in UI, i.e. damage taken, counters, venom, highlight shifted pieces, etc
- Networking support (for 2 human players to play)

I'm also trying to decide on a new game to tackle (writing the engine), so far I've been eye'ing Thunderstone and Ascension: Chronicles of the Godslayer. I'm leaning towards the latter.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
telengard
DEVELOPER

Re: Feature requests

Postby melkor75 » 06 Oct 2010, 13:45

May i ask for a miracle? :D

Warcry, the best card game ever i've played so far ... :roll:

mm75
melkor75

Postby telengard » 07 Oct 2010, 00:39

melkor75 wrote:May i ask for a miracle? :D

mm75
Hehe, that *would* be a miracle. ;)

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby telengard » 07 Oct 2010, 00:47

I should probably mention that I'm also thinking about Netrunner...

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 11 Oct 2010, 12:23

Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby telengard » 11 Oct 2010, 13:36

Huggybaby wrote:As in http://www.runners-net.com/?
Yes Sir!

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby melkor75 » 13 Oct 2010, 13:45

telengard wrote:
melkor75 wrote:May i ask for a miracle? :D

mm75
Hehe, that *would* be a miracle. ;)

~telengard
In the case of a possible miracle ... i have all images of the cards :shock: And i could help with rules and such :P

mm75
melkor75

Postby melkor75 » 12 Nov 2010, 16:34

Something coming up to my mind :wink:

Any chance to have a sort of "animation" of rolled dice (both initiative and strike phases)? It would be nice to have a sort of "step by step" feature during the game.
Let me better explain with an example:

The turn starts and a pop up could open: "Press Enter to Initiave phase". Then dice are rolled (if it's not too diffucult a pop-up window with an animation of dice rolled would be great :P ) adn then again after the text we have "press Enter to start First Player's Spwan Phase". At the end again, "Press Enter for Second's Player spawn pahse" ... and so on with any phase until the end of the turn.

In that way u have "control" of what's happening without having to scroll to the menu to understand what is happened (it would be great also a "press enter..." after any move during move phases or after any roll made during combat phases). Eventually it could be an "optional component" to be activate from some menu :wink:

Just my 2 cents,
mm75
melkor75

Postby telengard » 12 Nov 2010, 18:27

melkor75 wrote:Something coming up to my mind :wink:

Any chance to have a sort of "animation" of rolled dice (both initiative and strike phases)? It would be nice to have a sort of "step by step" feature during the game.
Let me better explain with an example:

The turn starts and a pop up could open: "Press Enter to Initiave phase". Then dice are rolled (if it's not too diffucult a pop-up window with an animation of dice rolled would be great :P ) adn then again after the text we have "press Enter to start First Player's Spwan Phase". At the end again, "Press Enter for Second's Player spawn pahse" ... and so on with any phase until the end of the turn.

In that way u have "control" of what's happening without having to scroll to the menu to understand what is happened (it would be great also a "press enter..." after any move during move phases or after any roll made during combat phases). Eventually it could be an "optional component" to be activate from some menu :wink:

Just my 2 cents,
mm75
Great idea,

This is supported in the text UI, I don't think I have it working in the wx GUI. However, it stops @ every event that shows up. So if something is triggered it would say "Continue...". This is good if you want to see what's happening, but can get a little tedious.

The dice animation is on my TODO list. :)

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby melkor75 » 16 Nov 2010, 14:05

Any chance it would work in GUI as well? Or new feature similar to that? :P

tx,
mm75

PS: look forward to see the dice animation (or in future ... creature fights, lol :D )
melkor75

Postby telengard » 09 Jan 2011, 03:12

telengard wrote:So I've pretty much run out of things to do (for now) with the engine proper so I should probably get cracking on feature requests (which are mostly UI changes). Here's what I have so far. Any preference on what to work on first?

- Mini viewer (ala Dreamcatcher)
- Warband creator (also maybe an integrated sealed generator)
- Ability to shift/spawn via drag n drop
- More game "stats" in UI, i.e. damage taken, counters, venom, highlight shifted pieces, etc
- Networking support (for 2 human players to play)

I'm also trying to decide on a new game to tackle (writing the engine), so far I've been eye'ing Thunderstone and Ascension: Chronicles of the Godslayer. I'm leaning towards the latter.

~telengard
Hmm, most of the above are now done. I will be adding a few more stats. Not sure anyone cares about networking support. A few people have asked in the past, but it's a lot of work for possibly little use. And Ascension has already been tackled (and is great fun).

I'm trying to come up with ways to handle other actions other than moving/shifting/spawning/passing without having to choose one of the action selections. For instance, how can I present in a more "GUI" way choosing whether to shift or strike, or declaring attackers, or assigning damage?

I'm going to spend some time thinking about this.

I'm also going to try and get the fonts such that the text is more readable for pieces on the board. That is something that has been hit or miss depending on how many abilities pieces have.

Just some random thoughts I guess...

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby genesis » 09 Jan 2011, 21:38

If you are still looking for a game to tackle, have you considered Hecatomb? It's another discontinued WotC project and it has a number of stylistic similarities to Dreamblade. In fact I remember when Hecatomb got cancelled lots of player saw DB as the cause and as a potential replacement.
genesis

Postby Huggybaby » 09 Jan 2011, 21:54

Hecatomb died too early. I think with a rules tweak and more time it might have caught on since it was very different from magic and much easier to learn. It had a very small rule book.

You would have to implement transparency to properly stack cards.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby telengard » 09 Jan 2011, 22:08

genesis wrote:If you are still looking for a game to tackle, have you considered Hecatomb? It's another discontinued WotC project and it has a number of stylistic similarities to Dreamblade. In fact I remember when Hecatomb got cancelled lots of player saw DB as the cause and as a potential replacement.
Hmm, I remember hearing about this game. I'll check it out. I'm leaning more towards Netrunner at the moment for a "next game" if I ever start work on a new one. Dreamblade has taken me a little over 2 years to get to this point, but it is fairly feature complete.

I do want to get the Dreamblade UI up to snuff though. It's in the dark ages compared to stuff like the other projects on this site. :)

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby melkor75 » 10 Jan 2011, 13:01

telengard wrote:I'm trying to come up with ways to handle other actions other than moving/shifting/spawning/passing without having to choose one of the action selections. For instance, how can I present in a more "GUI" way choosing whether to shift or strike, or declaring attackers, or assigning damage?

I'm going to spend some time thinking about this.

I'm also going to try and get the fonts such that the text is more readable for pieces on the board. That is something that has been hit or miss depending on how many abilities pieces have.

Just some random thoughts I guess...

~telengard
Some thoughts from me as well ... hope to be of help and it's something "possible" :D

As far as moving/attacking option i'd do a simple window in which u have a couple of buttons on which u may select "move" or "attack" phases. Then u can "enlight" the cells in which the combats are possible for example. Selecting (or double clickling) the cell prompt u to another window in which u see the pieces in that cell and u can select the creatures partecipating to the attack. After the animation of rolled dice (eheheheeh :D ) a window opens with the possible available blades to activate, then u have to assign damage to the cell and or/pieces (again u can select the cell and then the pieces to assign damage and number of damage).
Basically i'd give the chance to drug and drop any pieces during the phases also (example: disrupting a piece, u may drung&drop it where u want/can, it's not possible now).
Generally a separate window opening for the combat or shifting (an animation os shifting moves wouls be great, but i believe it's difficult) phases could be nice for the GUI version.

I'll think about other nice features but i don't want to add so much difficult stuff to your list now :P

mm75
melkor75

Next

Return to Dreamblade