It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:51

Text Size

Version (1.0.40) released. A ton of bugfixes/improvements

A version of WOTC's game by telengard

Moderators: telengard, CCGHQ Admins

Version (1.0.40) released. A ton of bugfixes/improvements

Postby telengard » 08 Jan 2011, 19:25

Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a great holiday season.

No major features this release other than the ability to generate sealed boosters and a way to choose which sets to create the boosters from, and dynamic depth for the minimax AI.

However, this may be the largest amount of changes I've made since the project started. Over the holidays I was able to play a lot of games and fixed a heaping ton of bugs and made some usability improvements. Way too many to list out here.

Pieces that saw fixes:

- Terrible Termite, Bloodtusk Throne, Basts' Handmai, Altar of Dementia, Gutsoup Golem, Demented Stepmother, Little Bed of Horrors, all pieces w/ Loner ability, One-Man Army, Hammerhead, Coral Archerfish, all pieces w/ Hivetunnel, Immortals' Resting Place (and others that prevented damage), Null Arch, Shadow Assassin, Boogeyman, probably more.

Also a new custom "High Inquisitor" w/ a new ability "Cartographer".

All the fixes/changes can be viewed here:
http://home.comcast.net/~bsturk/dreamblade/CHANGELOG

I'm going to be running a contest soon (hopefully). I'll share the details when I have the prizes all in my possession. :)

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
telengard
DEVELOPER

Re: Version (1.0.40) released. A ton of bugfixes/improvemen

Postby melkor75 » 10 Jan 2011, 14:04

telengard wrote:No major features this release other than the ability to generate sealed boosters and a way to choose which sets to create the boosters from,
Thanks again for the release Telengard, may i ask if the ability to generate sealed boosters is available for the GUI version? I don't see any option within the Warband editor/creator window ...

Also, may be i'm blind, but is there any chance to at least "pause" the game at the END of any turn? It happens sometimes that it's difficult to get what's happening on the board when it comes to AI turns ...

tx,
mm75
melkor75

Postby telengard » 10 Jan 2011, 17:01

melkor75 wrote:
telengard wrote:No major features this release other than the ability to generate sealed boosters and a way to choose which sets to create the boosters from,
Thanks again for the release Telengard, may i ask if the ability to generate sealed boosters is available for the GUI version? I don't see any option within the Warband editor/creator window ...

Also, may be i'm blind, but is there any chance to at least "pause" the game at the END of any turn? It happens sometimes that it's difficult to get what's happening on the board when it comes to AI turns ...

tx,
mm75
Hmm, it should be in that dialog, right near the random generation on the right hand side. There should be 2 buttons, "Sealed settings" and "Generate sealed". Let me know if you don't see those. Also, what operating system are you playing on?

I can add support for pausing at the end of a turn, that's a great idea. I will also add an option to allow pausing at the end of any AI action.

thanks for all the great input!

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby telengard » 11 Jan 2011, 02:40

telengard wrote:
melkor75 wrote:

tx,
mm75
Hmm, it should be in that dialog, right near the random generation on the right hand side. There should be 2 buttons, "Sealed settings" and "Generate sealed". Let me know if you don't see those. Also, what operating system are you playing on?

I can add support for pausing at the end of a turn, that's a great idea. I will also add an option to allow pausing at the end of any AI action.

thanks for all the great input!

~telengard
In a different thread someone posted they could not see the buttons either due to the dialog being too large for their screen resolution. I'm working on condensing (and shrinking) the dialog for the next release.

I should probably ask too, is there any use in generating sealed starters? I have all the plumbing to do this, but didn't think it was really useful.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby melkor75 » 11 Jan 2011, 09:42

telengard wrote:
telengard wrote:In a different thread someone posted they could not see the buttons either due to the dialog being too large for their screen resolution. I'm working on condensing (and shrinking) the dialog for the next release.

I should probably ask too, is there any use in generating sealed starters? I have all the plumbing to do this, but didn't think it was really useful.

~telengard
Yeah i found it now but it's quite difficult to get as the screen doesn't seem to fit with the resolution.

As per starters ... i'd say, why not? :wink: If it's not a big deal of course,

mm75
melkor75

Postby telengard » 12 Jan 2011, 06:16

melkor75 wrote:
telengard wrote:
telengard wrote:In a different thread someone posted they could not see the buttons either due to the dialog being too large for their screen resolution. I'm working on condensing (and shrinking) the dialog for the next release.

~telengard
Yeah i found it now but it's quite difficult to get as the screen doesn't seem to fit with the resolution.

As per starters ... i'd say, why not? :wink: If it's not a big deal of course,

mm75
Yeah, it's a little big for a dialog. I run at a pretty high resolution so it seemed small to me. :)

I'll add sealed starters in the next release.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby telengard » 13 Jan 2011, 02:16

Here's a screenshot of the new, condensed dialog. The layout is a little wonky but it is much smaller. I could probably stand to use a better layout, but for now this is functional. I really want to make this a separate app so I'm not going to put too much into this. :)

This will be in release 1.0.41.

Any bugs seen in 1.0.40 you can post them in this thread.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby melkor75 » 13 Jan 2011, 16:14

Nice one, it's absolutely fine =D>

mm75
melkor75

Postby telengard » 14 Jan 2011, 04:09

melkor75 wrote:Nice one, it's absolutely fine =D>

mm75
Thanks! I'm going to clean it up a bit more (and add sealed starters) but it is much smaller now so it should fit 800x600 and up as far as resolutions.

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby genesis » 15 Jan 2011, 08:54

Two slightly related points:

1. When you undo an action, although the "mechanics" of it is undone, it's not immediately obvious; so spawn numbers don't get amended, spawned creatures don't get removed. It sort of autocorrects eventually but at the time of actually pressing the undo keys it's not obvious that the action has been undone

2. Heartsblood temple, and I think other similar figures, don't seem to indicate the added spawn points correctly. So you are definitely getting them, but the figures on the side of the screen do not seem to be correct, though they would eventually autocorrect
genesis

Postby telengard » 15 Jan 2011, 17:27

genesis wrote:Two slightly related points:

1. When you undo an action, although the "mechanics" of it is undone, it's not immediately obvious; so spawn numbers don't get amended, spawned creatures don't get removed. It sort of autocorrects eventually but at the time of actually pressing the undo keys it's not obvious that the action has been undone

2. Heartsblood temple, and I think other similar figures, don't seem to indicate the added spawn points correctly. So you are definitely getting them, but the figures on the side of the screen do not seem to be correct, though they would eventually autocorrect
Hi genesis,

Yep, these are bugs. Certain events don't trigger updates to the GUI (to keep the number of redraws down since there would be a LOT).

The autocorrect you are seeing is an event that does trigger redraws.

I will fix these for the next release.

Other than the not redrawing after an Undo, is it working OK for you? I have had it crash here and there and have been looking into it. Just wondering how it is behaving for you.

Thanks for the report!

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby genesis » 16 Jan 2011, 10:15

I haven't had any crashes, yet. But I also haven't really been using Undo that much. I'll stay on the look out for any issues :)
genesis

Return to Dreamblade