It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:32

Text Size

Font size in right area on OSX too big

A version of WOTC's game by telengard

Moderators: telengard, CCGHQ Admins

Font size in right area on OSX too big

Postby Regenwolke » 26 Feb 2011, 10:57

Hi telengard,

is there a way to make the fonts used on the right side views smaller?

On mac OSX with 1200x800px screen i often couldn't read all the choosable actions, because they are cut of someway to the right, due to the end of the screen.

Maybe it has something todo with the display of java fonts on osx, but i haven't found a general setup possibility for it.

On Windows 7 with 1200x800px everything is readable.

Any idea?

Cheers

Jens

PS: I'm still enjoying your software very much. Even more now with images. Thx again!
Regenwolke

Re: Font size in right area on OSX too big

Postby telengard » 26 Feb 2011, 17:56

Regenwolke wrote:Hi telengard,

is there a way to make the fonts used on the right side views smaller?

On mac OSX with 1200x800px screen i often couldn't read all the choosable actions, because they are cut of someway to the right, due to the end of the screen.

Maybe it has something todo with the display of java fonts on osx, but i haven't found a general setup possibility for it.

On Windows 7 with 1200x800px everything is readable.

Any idea?

Cheers

Jens

PS: I'm still enjoying your software very much. Even more now with images. Thx again!
Hi there!

Glad you are still enjoying it. Have you been trying any of the customs? From what I recall you are pretty good at the game and would probably have a good sense of balance.

As for the font size, I can work on that. The only font size you can currently configure is the font that is drawn on the minis (Ctrl-F, and the setting currently does not persist). The fonts for widgets themselves are usually controlled by the OS. I'll post back if there is a quick way for now to make the font in the action dialog smaller on OS X.

I play mostly on OS X too and the annoying thing for me is no horizontal scroll bar in the action choosing section. It is a bug in the current toolkit I'm using (wxWidgets) and should be fixed soon.

I'll put some way to modify the fonts (if possible) in the next release, thanks for the report!

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1215
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Regenwolke » 27 Feb 2011, 20:03

I haven't had time to try out the customs, but really love the option to be there. Excellent addition to the software!

Thx for looking into a solution, and yes, a drawable window border or something alike would be great.

Best

Jens
Regenwolke

Postby telengard » 28 Feb 2011, 02:52

Regenwolke wrote:I haven't had time to try out the customs, but really love the option to be there. Excellent addition to the software!

Thx for looking into a solution, and yes, a drawable window border or something alike would be great.

Best

Jens
Will do. Glad there is someone else using the OS X version besides me. :)

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Postby Regenwolke » 28 Feb 2011, 20:32

...normally i play it on my iPad :D , but sometimes i am switching to my MacBook! =D>
Regenwolke

Postby telengard » 28 Feb 2011, 20:41

Regenwolke wrote:...normally i play it on my iPad :D , but sometimes i am switching to my MacBook! =D>
Whoa, how do you get it to play on your iPad?? I didn't think that was possible. Now I want to get one! :)
Are you able to do things like hide the right hand side panel etc w/ the iPad?

~telengard
Author of Dreamblade:
telengard
DEVELOPER

Return to Dreamblade